Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tesoro Mojave f/s

Posted by Daniel Tn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tesoro Mojave f/s
July 20, 2018 05:42PM
I have a like new; as in, used in my yard for about 30 mins Mojave f/s. I was going to keep it around but am weeding some things out. You can't even tell this thing has been used. I'd like to get $150 for it shipped. Have the box and manual.
Re: Tesoro Mojave f/s
July 20, 2018 06:56PM
Dang that's a heck of a deal! Tesoro's are nice to throw in a backpack and hit the Woods away from prying eyes.....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2018 06:58PM by Harold,ILL..
July 20, 2018 07:14PM
If I didn't already have one I'd jump on that great deal like a duck on a June Bug that just hit the water.

tabman
July 20, 2018 07:25PM
Great deal, yah can't hardly buy a coil for that price!
July 20, 2018 08:24PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great deal, yah can't hardly buy a coil for that p
> rice!

And it finds the good stuff. LINK

tabman
July 21, 2018 10:11AM
"Summer of 2017, I field tested a 'Mojave' and when I was done with it was offered a good price to buy the test unit but I declined.
Just didn't want to keep it: coil's 'too small', no pin pointing, single tone, outdated tech...
I'd sooner a 'Red Racer'
July 21, 2018 01:56PM
That outdated analog tech sometimes outperforms the best machines of today. Who needs a pinpointer on a tesoro.lol. pinpoints dead on center of coil every time. This is a smoking deal for someone who wants a great machine that performs well and is plain flat fun to use. My tesoros have found me way more treasure than any of my other machines. Only because they are my scouting machines while I'm out riding around on my atv and they are usually what gets to hit a site first. Never had a bad day with a Tesoro.
July 21, 2018 02:15PM
Tesoro's have their following....simple and like gold jewelry and really back their products....
July 21, 2018 03:29PM
Welgund Wrote:
> That outdated analog tech sometimes outperforms th
> e best machines of today. Who needs a pinpointer
> on a tesoro.lol. pinpoints dead on center of coil
> every time. This is a smoking deal for someone wh
> o wants a great machine that performs well and is
> plain flat fun to use. My tesoros have found me w
> ay more treasure than any of my other machines. O
> nly because they are my scouting machines while I'
> m out riding around on my atv and they are usually
> what gets to hit a site first. Never had a bad da
> y with a Tesoro.

"I never had a bad day with Tesoro's either and, I sold 'em back in the day (80's)

But, Technology has moved on!"
July 23, 2018 12:23AM
I bought the machine in case some of the kids wanted to tag along with me one day, or if I had a curious landowner that wanted to join in hunting a place. I was thinking it would be a good machine for that kind of thing but really lacks the umph of the more modern machines. I ran it through my yard, which is a night mare of iron, and hoped the little 7 inch coil might pull something out of there. I didn't find one diggable signal out there, but this yard has been picked over pretty hard by every machine I've ever had. I think I would be better of getting a different machine for the same purpose, that way I wouldn't feel bad about them wasting their time swinging something I knew they probably wouldn't find anything with. I know that's odd to hear from someone trying to sell something but that's honestly how I feel about it.
July 23, 2018 02:43AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> I bought the machine in case some of the kids want
> ed to tag along with me one day, or if I had a cur
> ious landowner that wanted to join in hunting a pl
> ace. I was thinking it would be a good machine fo
> r that kind of thing but really lacks the umph of
> the more modern machines. I ran it through my yar
> d, which is a night mare of iron, and hoped the li
> ttle 7 inch coil might pull something out of there
> . I didn't find one diggable signal out there, bu
> t this yard has been picked over pretty hard by ev
> ery machine I've ever had. I think I would be bet
> ter of getting a different machine for the same pu
> rpose, that way I wouldn't feel bad about them was
> ting their time swinging something I knew they pro
> bably wouldn't find anything with. I know that's
> odd to hear from someone trying to sell something
> but that's honestly how I feel about it.

Appreciate your honesty Daniel.------------Del
July 23, 2018 10:16AM
For $150 shipped its an excellent buy. Tesoros are excellent in finding Canadian clad lying flat or on edge.
Tesoros are favored by many who live in Canada. Almost kept secret.
Some one should grab it

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
August 19, 2018 05:05AM
Is this still available?
August 22, 2018 01:20AM
Interested in a trade for gold? I have two rings, 7.85 grams total weight between the two, one white one yellow, both with makers marks. $175.05 value at spot today 21 AUG. I have a lot of trading feedback at Friendly’s under the same handle.
August 22, 2018 01:46AM
Machine is long gone guys.
August 22, 2018 03:00AM
attests to it's popularity!....a"steal" at that money!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
August 22, 2018 11:10AM
Just found my Field Test report from last year and this was my summation:

To sum up

So there you have it! I hope I’ve managed to describe the Mojave?
It has just become clear to me now as I attempt to sum up my experiences, contrary to most detectors the Mojave doesn’t show it’s strengths quickly. It did show it’s weaknesses early on including, chatter from being overly sensitive, an odd pin pointing quirk, it likes large iron, it can false on foreshore areas and it doesn’t like wet sand. I think it’s best in ‘dry’ conditions. It is so finely tuned that the slightest detection of salt and trace salt minerals in ordinary soil is enough to make it chatter.
What it was slower to reveal are it’s quirks and behavioral traits which are slightly different to other Tesoro’s (and Laser’s) and not what you might expect. It has great small nail rejection (use my roaming disc and they drop out quickly) but watch that sweep speed! Slow it down to prevent small non ferrous reporting as ferrous.
Do I like the Mojave? Yes, I like the look of it. I like the feel of it. I like the way it goes about it’s business.
An interesting machine for sure!
August 22, 2018 02:09PM
Des D Wrote:
> Just found my Field Test report from last year and
> this was my summation:
>
> To sum up
>
> So there you have it! I hope I’ve managed to descr
> ibe the Mojave?
> It has just become clear to me now as I attempt to
> sum up my experiences, contrary to most detectors
> the Mojave doesn’t show it’s strengths quickly. It
> did show it’s weaknesses early on including, chatt
> er from being overly sensitive, an odd pin pointin
> g quirk, it likes large iron, it can false on fore
> shore areas and it doesn’t like wet sand. I think
> it’s best in ‘dry’ conditions. It is so finely tun
> ed that the slightest detection of salt and trace
> salt minerals in ordinary soil is enough to make i
> t chatter.
> What it was slower to reveal are it’s quirks and b
> ehavioral traits which are slightly different to o
> ther Tesoro’s (and Laser’s) and not what you might
> expect. It has great small nail rejection (use my
> roaming disc and they drop out quickly) but watch
> that sweep speed! Slow it down to prevent small no
> n ferrous reporting as ferrous.
> Do I like the Mojave? Yes, I like the look of it.
> I like the feel of it. I like the way it goes abou
> t it’s business.
> An interesting machine for sure!

Your report just goes to show you have to take any machine's reviews and reports with a grain of salt. My experience was pretty much the opposite of yours. No chatter with sense maxed out, no pinpointing quirks (though I'm not sure what you're talking about without reading the full write up), and haven't encountered any issues yet with falsing out on large iron. Can't speak to the salt and wet/sand, I have other machines better suited for that so it never went there.
August 22, 2018 06:05PM
my sentiments exactly...my mojave exhibits NONE of those quirks
iam experiencing exactly as you describe,and i will add,this thing
is a tiger in trash!..terrific discrimination,especially in iron.the 7" coil
is really good.just a ton of fun to use,and,as he said,quiet as can be
even with "gain" cranked!..no issues!..no worries!..outrageous little coin sniper.
dam sleeper is what it is!..outstanding bargain!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
August 23, 2018 10:36AM
The whole purpose of me having the Mojave was to have an easy to use machine on hand for kids to use or for someone that wanted to tag along that didn't own a detector. It may just be my personality but I would feel like crap if I took a kid or even an adult friend to a Civil War site and turned them loose with a detector that I knew they weren't going to find anything with, while I on the other hand, hunted with something that would find stuff if I got the coil over top of it. Having tested the Mojave out, I saw it severely lacked in performance compared to other models. In fact, it failed to locate ANY of the targets in my test garden, that ranged from silver coins to Civil War relics beginning at a modest 6 inches deep. I simply sold this unit and filled the gap with something I could use as a backup to my primary machine AND something easy to use that I could set a kid or adult up with, and they have a really good chance of locating coins or relics with. That's where the Multi Kruzer comes into play. I have very little $ in it since I bought it used.
August 23, 2018 04:14PM
if i was a betting man,i see 4 things possibly happening' here!

1) your soil is "super" mineralized,and setting the mojave to "high" mineral wasn't enough
to drive through the mineralization

2) your targets were buried too deep for the mojave to detect.it does have limited depth due to coil size
i have found coins at the 7" depth level,but i believe it will go deeper,although i have not found any deeper than 7"

3) your detector is f**ked!..by this i mean,maybe it's defective!..i find this difficult to believe in that tesoro's
"quality control" is outstanding,and they back the detector with a lifetime warranty!

4)..have no answer!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2018 04:15PM by jmaryt.
August 23, 2018 08:39PM
"Differences - that's the thing about detectors and how they behave in different parts of the country / world.
Far as I know, I'm on the opposite side of the world to you guys? That's how / why there are 'differences"