Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Saw this posted on another forum- one’s sneak peek maybe

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Saw this posted on another forum- one’s sneak peek maybe
August 01, 2018 07:51AM
Re: Saw this posted on another forum- one’s sneak peek maybe
August 01, 2018 11:33AM
Well......... if nothing else sounds like we will get to see that before the Fisher or TDI is out. Hero ..... or Zero lets see.
August 01, 2018 02:53PM
OK--Tom in Cal---fess up!!
August 06, 2018 02:18PM
doc holiday Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OK--Tom in Cal---fess up!!

Huh ? confused smiley
August 06, 2018 03:51PM
If it takes huge companies like fisher years to come out with new units don't know if they guy can do it..but the proof is in the pudding

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
August 06, 2018 07:02PM
I am pretty sure this is the same guy I met on the beach several months ago. I wrote to NASA Tom about him as he said they worked at Los Banos at the same time several years ago. Tom vouched that he remembered him. He is the real deal. His unit hit in the wet salt better than my CTX and Excal. Certainly not a thorough testing, but it did bang targets better that day. We did silver, gold and clad on surface and buried. I know his name and the name of the unit (at that time), but I said I wouldn't say anything on line as he wanted to control promotion timing and I can understand that.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
August 06, 2018 07:32PM
He should have Tom test it

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

August 06, 2018 11:15PM
That would be First Texas's luck. A new machine comes out a few months before the manta , and obsoletes the mantaconfused smiley.
August 07, 2018 03:10AM
Possum, don’t bet your lunch on it.

The few reports about this new device indicate that it is “general purpose”. However good as it is as a beach detector, it will be going up against a device developed over 5 or more years for one purpose - finding gold jewelry (and maybe gold coins) in wet salt.

We all hope this new device will be for real and be a success. the long history of one-man metal detector companies is not encouraging when it comes to predicting success however.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2018 04:15AM by lytle78.
August 07, 2018 03:55AM
Yeah tough to market but maybe he is not interested in selling a lot, just enough to make it worth it. He should have tester and send it to England and find testers. You have to give some away to see what other think and how they respond to what he has designed. It would be very hard to beat out or keep up with what is on the market today.

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

August 07, 2018 07:38PM
I dunno, there are a couple guys that started a computer company in a garage that seems to have made it. And this guy has actually worked designing/engineering detectors for decades and many of them you would recognize and may have owned! We don't know what he has done or not, or what his plans are but again he is the real deal with a prototype that looks and works really well!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
August 07, 2018 07:41PM
PTom - I thought you said that “the rest are obselete” lol

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
August 08, 2018 10:31AM
Pasttom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I dunno, there are a couple guys that started a co
> mputer company in a garage that seems to have made
> it. And this guy has actually worked designing/en
> gineering detectors for decades and many of them y
> ou would recognize and may have owned! We don't k
> now what he has done or not, or what his plans are
> but again he is the real deal with a prototype tha
> t looks and works really well!

Ray Dolby started his empire in a lock up garage in south london and went on to build an global empire
August 08, 2018 06:41PM
Rick, that is actually somewhat tongue in cheek. Diggers, there are myriad examples like that. Thanks for supporting my contention!

Past(or)Tom