Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Multi Kruzer last couple of hunts for Civil war relics

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Multi Kruzer last couple of hunts for Civil war relics
August 13, 2018 09:12PM
Last couple of outings with MK..Still going to the 7" concentric..

Site is full of old deer hunters Schlitz cans and trash back in the woods on top of old house remains..

Running 19Khz Deep Mode 7 inch Concentric is a pleasure..the surface trash just sounds awful in that mode as the Deep mode takes a longer peek and gives the aluminum and such and awful sound..

I listen or the deeper fainter hits and ignore the louder stuff unless its solid sounding,,, aluminum just sounds awful..

Got a few three ringers and a Enfield barrel band and Eagle Coat Staff officers button Enfield Trigger mechanism coupe of field modified buttons toe tap melted lead etc.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: Multi Kruzer last couple of hunts for Civil war relics
August 13, 2018 09:16PM
Thanks for the report. The blue feather dish is one of my favorite things to find when looking to date a site because it lets you know your in the right spot. Nice bunch of lead too.
August 13, 2018 09:50PM
Nice digs Keith. Kruzer has revealing audio = that’s for sure thumbs down
August 13, 2018 10:46PM
Nice report Keith! The 7in concentric on that machine is a dream to use in the iron and tin trash. I am able to work around sage brush with ease.
August 13, 2018 10:52PM
Great finds--is that a .577 Enfield in the center top of pic?
August 13, 2018 10:56PM
Nice finds Keith.
August 13, 2018 11:00PM
Nice hunt. The MMK is great in the iron. I like it every bit as well as the Impact and even more that the Racer 2.
August 15, 2018 03:30AM
Thanks for replies..

No Doc just a dirty three ringer, grooves full of dirt.LOL

Its nice to be able to run concentric's in mixed use sites for sure.

Where we used to have to add a DD to overcome masking issues now we have come full circle with machine now being able to Bleed and blend enough that a concentric coil can mate up and become DEADLY in iron on a High freq unit...

That deep mode LONG PEEK mated to a concentric is a pleasure to use in aluminum tin foil..even the pull rings sound like junk...Very very telling..

that trigger mechanism is brass and iron fused and reads low like dead on 1950s style ring pulls..but sounded like a digger compared to the pulls that read the same..

So much intelligence in the audio of the Makros..Now I wish I could get deep mode to run more than two tones!!

The seven inch Concentric out does the 5 DD in iron I'm convinced of that...More punch and as good or slightly better audio traits for unmasking when in three tone 89 gain....Remember to keep gain on 89 for ultra fast reactivity while in three tone....19Khz 7" C. Heavy iron in that 3 tone setup is VERY SLEUTHY!!

The concentric. provides alot of stability in iron and trash that the DD does not allow for..Like a Tesoro in iron but way more target info ...Glad we have so many coil choices to choose from on this platform..

I've alway's said when you get the right coil and detector combo great things can happen!!! Coil selection and mating up for site conditions to ME is huge..Always on the look out for coil advances!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
August 16, 2018 09:35PM
Nice digs Keith! The Multi Kruzer slays it in iron, best detector for hunting in iron I've used to date. I like the Multi Kruzer MUCH better then the Impact (sold the Impact as it was heavy, redundant and not built as well as the Kruzer, not to mention it's waterproof - awesome to hose down your machine after a dirty hunt so it looks like new for the new adventure!).

Coil selection is definitely a huge area the Makro machines have over the Equinox, not only right out of the gate, but also for the foreseeable future as the 6" coil finally starts to trickle out and no sign of their 15" coil coming anytime soon, let alone other sizes that have been heavily requested (like a 5x10 for prospectors and relic hunters).

It's great to have a company that listens to their customers, it's unlike ANY other detector company that I've witnessed thus far.
August 18, 2018 01:56PM
I think the impact is a bit more raw on its sounds but if you hunt in bad iron I think head to head it will match the kruzer with the 7" coil. Audio is something we all hear in different ways and not many are great iron hunters. The one thing about iron, masking and detecting is you have to dig a lot more if you get a small taste of tone other that iron. For me the square nail can sound off on a high tone and I'm sure I have a good target. But sometimes in my ground those nails are nails and still come home with me. I'm waiting to see what comes out for the fall. Or the talk of a machine that has been seen and is real. I think the nox may have some compatition..it seems it has to have?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
August 20, 2018 01:12PM
Great finds, Keith.

I look forward to annual trips to SE Tennessee/north GA for the CW relic hunting there!

Congrat's!
August 20, 2018 02:28PM
Good report, Keith. Your report is what I am finding on the MMK. I am not a relic hunter as there are none where I live. I am a coin shooter, mainly clad, in a newer part of the country. I hunt mainly parks and the parks I hunt are as trashy as trashy can get! The MMK does an excellent job of giving great signals on coins and as you said, the aluminum sounds terrible. I an using the KR18C and it is doing a great job of picking out the coins in the trash and goes plenty deep for me. I have had many detectors over the years and the MMK is a sleeper.
August 22, 2018 06:18AM
With big DD coil, old Impact was blind on trashy site. It was almost impossible to separate targets. I'm working on dump areas, after both World Wars, they plant rubbish in fields and MMK works perfectly.
August 22, 2018 12:04PM
Great report Keith. I have been waiting for something better to come along that uses a concentric in the 7" size range and this one looks to finally be "the one" !!
August 22, 2018 12:34PM
Looking good Keith.

I've not found the 7" to be the deepest coil combo out there but it does seem to have a place in the arsenal. I like mine for water hunting.

I love the feather edge plates and platters. In fact, I have sort of became a collector of glass/bottles of that time period.

Hope this shows up...this is one of the first pieces I bought. A 1700s platter in the blue feather edge pattern. My next one will be the green feather edge.

20180822_081833 by Daniel Teague, on Flickr
August 25, 2018 02:33AM
Nice Wedgwood plate Daniel...I like the Green Feather a tad better myself for collecting just like the color LOL...But I like to see pieces of it on a site where I'm swinging for sure!!That feather rim is very telling was back over at that site earlier this week and dug a W.R. ( King William ) Brass Padlock Key Hole cover with Crown...reigned form 1830 to 1837 ....

Bottles are my weak spot for sure...If i lived where there was a quantity of black glass Id be in Hog heaven.!!!

Nice Platter thanks for sharing!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla