Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Headphone suggestions for future waterproof detector(s)

Posted by Sod-buster 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Headphone suggestions for future waterproof detector(s)
August 07, 2017 11:54AM
Wireless headphones a must.
These headphones should be waterproof.
Also it would be grand idea, to have the waterproof headphone, where they can be connected via cable for when the detector itself is submerged so detecting operations can be continued.
So, purchasing 2 sets of headphones unnecessary for submersible use.
Having volume adjustment, depending on detector/headphone capabilities here, should be considered.

If this above was done, IMO would be the ultimate setup, giving users wide latitude for their waterproof detector use.

There is at least one set of wireless headphones I know of that can be run both wireless as well as hard wired.

Manufacturer should consider designing with a modular design, so the headphone electronics for the most part can be changed if need be down the road for "head phone itself" wear or malfunction and while keeping maintenance cost down for the user.

Let's see who answers the calling here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2017 12:11PM by Sod-buster.
Re: Headphone suggestions for future waterproof detector(s)
August 07, 2017 01:39PM
Only problem with waterproof headphones that are wireless. You will eventually have failures, people are not careful beings. Such as when the headphones are accidentally dropped or knocked off the head.
At least with wired headphones, you have a chance of grabbing them by the cord before they hit the ground. All it takes is a hairline crack....................saltwater damages fast. freshwater leakage usually salvageable if caught right away.
Submersible headphones for diving snorkling have holes in the ear cups to let water in so they don't float off your head like an inflated ball. Waterproof above water headphones are completely sealed, there's always the chance of inside condensation
to think about. Guys who have water machines know not to expose a sealed detector between to temp extremes. Good idea is to have vent holes with screw in plugs.

Overall waterproof, wireless headphones would not be cheap and there probably would be some maintenance involved, and how many maintain what they already own properly?
I love wireless headphones but rather grab a wired set for that reason. Hate having to worry about battery life, making sure they are always charged, making sure I know where the charge cables are........when I do use them.
Always keep a set of wired handy when out hunting, now that sucks if you have to pack more with you when woods hunting. Overall being cord wired, tangle free is a blessing in the woods or scrub brush hunting, just hate getting that cord getting snagged by everything.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me