Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

TDI Modification

Posted by markg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
TDI Modification
August 14, 2018 12:00AM
Any know modifications to give the TDI some sort of iron discrimination beside adjusting the ground balance?
Re: TDI Modification
August 14, 2018 03:07AM
What ? And further hamper the depth ? The trick of going-off-ground balance already renders it with no more depth than standard machines. Hence why not just use a standard machine, if you want to knock out iron ? And as you might have surmised: Even with the ground balance trick, you are still left with a bunch of nagging doubts. So even if there was something more that could be done (I doubt it), I can only imagine that, by the time you are done, you might as well get a standard machine.

It's just too durned squirrelly to be used at most all land sites.
August 14, 2018 01:30PM
Mark,
For very small iron, like staples, small bits of wire and stuff like that, all you can do is raise the coil higher, If you can't shift its tone or put it into the GB hole (null spot) with your ground balance setting you are stuck with it.

HH
Mike
August 18, 2018 03:38AM
The Whites TDI Classroom is a wonderful help. Worth a good browse and Reg's (Sniff) comments are gold!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie