Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

White's BeachHunter TDI back on their website $1299.00

Posted by Sven1 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
White's BeachHunter TDI back on their website $1299.00
August 16, 2018 09:50PM
[www.whiteselectronics.com]

Manual [2n8l501nj5nyy72iq1aeel55-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com]

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
Re: White's BeachHunter TDI back on their website $1299.00
August 16, 2018 09:58PM
Really love seeing PIs going towards beach hunters! Looks like a great machine. I always wanted a TDI Pro for certain areas of the beach and water. I am fine with my Nox for now and awaiting the Manta but if the manta never comes this could be on my list to get next spring.

Nox600, CTX, CZ21, Excal II and White's DF with 920i stealthscoop...I live and hunt at the beach in Wilm NCsmiling smiley
August 16, 2018 10:14PM
A PI just isn't going to be practical in the Mid Atlantic on trashy beaches. I wish it was.
August 16, 2018 10:26PM
Trashy beaches? If you want gold, you will dig all the aluminum with anyway detector. With PI’s today, Iron is an issue, bottle caps, nails, hairpins.....

Of course the Manta seems to have the ability to reject iron, but nobody here has seen one and won’t till Fisher has them in production - which it doesn’t yet.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
August 16, 2018 10:41PM
Whites has the DF...... what are their intended targets? The DF is a 15 uS so it must be smaller gold..... will the TDIs coilsmake the difference between the two?
August 16, 2018 11:27PM
lytle78 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Trashy beaches? If you want gold, you will dig al
> l the aluminum with anyway detector. With PI’s tod
> ay, Iron is an issue, bottle caps, nails, hairpin
> s.....
>
> Of course the Manta seems to have the ability to r
> eject iron, but nobody here has seen one and won’t
> till Fisher has them in production - which it does
> n’t yet.

I'm heading to Atlantic City tomorrow morning. AC is not only a tough beach to detect.....It is one of the toughest places to detect.....period. Oh they covered the the old steel with sand. Big steel.....Small steel.....and it's all waiting for a metal detector. Not to mention the waves on the Mid Atlantic beaches. There is no gentle area. A PI adds no depth in the water because you can't dig a deep hole. Mother nature fills them faster than you can dig them. From NJ to Virginia.....spend time with a PI covering very little or cover a great amount with a multi frequency detector.
August 17, 2018 12:47AM
I just looked and it's listed as 'out of stock'.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
August 17, 2018 12:52AM
There is a video of it being introduced.
August 17, 2018 03:03AM
Intro video
[m.youtube.com]#

Comments in this thread by White’s rep. Mr Boykin
[www.detectorprospector.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2018 03:08AM by tnsharpshooter.
August 17, 2018 03:13AM
goodmore Wrote:

> I'm heading to Atlantic City tomorrow morning. AC
> is not only a tough beach to detect.....It is one
> of the toughest places to detect.....period.

Agreed. Hunted A.C. lots of times. Got lots of goodies on the beach across from the Taj. Can't use a PI there.

Hope you do well Goodmore....be safe.
August 17, 2018 11:07AM
Ed Cropski apparently is doing some testing with it.......... first comments: I have been in the water some with it but hard to video. Opera in the water takes some adjustments to gain,ground balance as if there’s a lot of wave action you will hear it as waves approach and pass over coil. Key is to move coil slowly and level. So far just coins and junk jewelry in water.

Ive never been a fan of rear connection coils for water hunting...... just to much coil flip and movement which causes more wear and falsing..... just harder to maintain coil control.
August 17, 2018 12:10PM

> Not to mention the waves on the Mid A
> tlantic beaches. There is no gentle area. A PI add
> s no depth in the water because you can't dig a de
> ep hole. Mother nature fills them faster than you
> can dig them. From NJ to Virginia.....spend time w
> ith a PI covering very little or cover a great amo
> unt with a multi frequency detector.

Its more like NJ to FLgrinning smiley In general, yes a PI is not great for us...but the TDI is different...well the TDI Pro, not sure about the current one. It could go deeper than the multifreq machines. While this doesn't help in the general spots which are littered with iron, there are places that there is just nothing. Places I can detect for hours and not get a peep. I wonder, is there something deeper there? These are the places where I am most likely to find items from the civil war, gold coins, and such. I think a PI would be much better suited for this type of hunting.

Nox600, CTX, CZ21, Excal II and White's DF with 920i stealthscoop...I live and hunt at the beach in Wilm NCsmiling smiley
August 17, 2018 04:23PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Whites has the DF...... what are their intended ta
> rgets? The DF is a 15 uS so it must be smaller g
> old..... will the TDIs coilsmake the difference be
> tween the two?

Hey dewcon, there were a lot of beach guys using the TDI for jewelry who prefer that detector due to its superior depth and different audio tones. They asked us to waterproof it, so we did. Not everyone needs a high-power PI, but some people need depth in mineralized conditions. Can't beat a PI there.

The Surf PI is a great machine, but lacks the punch of the TDI BH and is a one-sound machine. It also doesn't have all of the adjustability of the TDI BH. Not knocking it, just trying to highlight the differences. With the 10uS delay on the TDI it is also more sensitive to smaller jewelry.

I would say if you are satisfied with the depth on the Surf PI or multifrequency VLFs then you might not be interested in the TDI. But if you are wondering what lies beneath the range of those machines, the TDI BH is a good upgrade. It is hard to beat a PI in salt or mineralized areas. It's just the nature of physics and the differences between time/frequency domain detectors.

-Tom
August 17, 2018 09:57PM
I appreciate your taking the time to give me a little info Tom....... thanks. Doesnt the TDI have a little more power to the coil too? What size coil are they using for the standard 12"? Ive used the DF.... better than most PIs...... but what i didnt like was the bit of a float to the coil and having it connected at the rear of the coil. You have to have good coil control and i got a little to much coil flip. Is there a MONO coil for it say in the 10" range? Were there any changes for it to operate in DEEPER salt water? What batteries and how many you using? Im assuming i dont have to open the box?

Adam....... a lot of times here in Fl if you arent getting many targets with a deep VLF then chances are a few inches wont help. IF you can find some concentration of targets..... even iron and a good hard pan it would be worth playing with here in the Gulf.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2018 10:03PM by dewcon4414.
August 18, 2018 12:08AM
In the provided link, Mr. Boykin said they were working on offering the installation of additional aftermarket coils as an addon/option.

The TDI ran better with mono coils in my opinion. I had ran the Miner Johns and liked them over the stock DF and Oz coils. Any of the coils made for the Minelab GPX will work on the TDI as well; you have to use a different lower rod, or use shims if you use the Whites lower rod though because the coils made for the GPX have wider ears. My favorite coils for the TDI though were the Nugget Finder coils. They also attach towards the center of the coil which should help in the water. My favorite for it of all the ones I tried (and I tried a bunch) was the Nugget Finder 14x9 Evo coil. They are super expensive new but I bought used out of the prospecting forum classifieds for a dang good price. I also had their 15" round Evo and it was probably the deepest coil I have ran on the TDI. The 14x9 was light weight and balanced perfect on the TDI.
August 18, 2018 12:23AM
The new Beachhunter TDI is anything like the TDI Pro on wet salt sand..... get a big scoop, because ya going to be digging deep.

I Always thought the TDI Pro got it's punch, from the high powered battery system it had ?

The Beachhunter pro don't have this ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2018 12:25AM by Rob in (ca).