Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Picked up a nice headlight few days ago.

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Picked up a nice headlight few days ago.
August 17, 2018 07:28PM
I’ll show you what I bought day before yesterday.
Mounts on head if you want.
Led.
Bright as all get out.
Cost me $14 and comes with 3aaa batteries.
Says 8 plus hours of run time.
You can have all 3 lites burning, just 2or just 1with lush of a button.
Using all 3 lites you can even adjust intensity some.
Bought at Wally World.
I didn’t buy to primarily use to detect but to primarily use bow hunting so I don’t step on a rattler in the dark.
Will post a pic and link to the actual product.
I am super tickled at this product for what it cost.

[www.energizer.com]

Pic of my unit.

The prior units I used had slide on/off switch.
So many times whil in my pocket it would be turned inadvertently on, running down my batteries.
This push button setup better for me.
Head does swivel btw.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2018 07:32PM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Picked up a nice headlight few days ago.
August 17, 2018 07:56PM
Wish we could bow hunt here, i'm relegated to target shooting with my longbow.
August 18, 2018 12:40AM
Those are nice lights. Very well designed.

I really like the red night vision feature and the way you can angle it down to shine on the ground in front of you.

They have four models. I bought the green one. [www.energizer.com]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2018 07:39AM by Badger in NH.
August 18, 2018 12:59AM
I use to have one just like it in my back pack when I deer hunted. They are nice little lights and will run a long time on a set of batteries. I actually got one similar to it as a freebie at Harbor Freight the other day. They had some "gifts" they were doing some promotion on that if you were a club member and bought any item, that you got to pick from one of the gifts. That's what I chose for mine. It has the added bonus of being waterproof, so I threw it in with my detecting stuff for the night beach hunts.
August 18, 2018 02:17AM
The LED headlamp is the way to go! If you want to get really serious about flashlights, batteries and chargers give the Candle Power Forums a try. LINK

tabman
August 19, 2018 01:04AM
Ive found one of those at a park while I was out metal detecting. Works great, and I keep it with my detecting gear.
August 19, 2018 11:01AM
I like the kind that clip on to baseball cap that I always wear. More comfortable for me.
I don't like to keep my light on. It draws bugs and unwanted attention. I use it for beach night hunts. People down at the water don't like being lit up. Wonder what they are doing?
So with that being said I look for a few things.......A large easy to find on and off button I can find with my fingers. A light that I don't have to cycle through more than two pushes to go off. And as I said one that clips on a hat because my fingers are full of sand and dirt and I don't want to touch my head. I always do my night hunts with a full moon for light and tides. The only time I really need a light is getting the target out of the scoop. Reaching into a scoop blind might make you bleed or find something slimy or worse even alive. I only ever go ankle deep at night. Safety first.

Everyone has their own preferences and techniques. I usually find out what I want through trial and error.
August 19, 2018 05:23PM
goodmore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't like to keep my light on. It draws bugs an
> d unwanted attention. I use it for beach night hun
> ts. People down at the water don't like being lit
> up. Wonder what they are doing?

This is why having one with a red light option is so important. The red light doesn't interfere with your night vision. It doesn't shine on anyone or draw much attention. I can see my surroundings and what I'm doing just fine and no one can sneak up on me. The only time I use the white light is when I need to look closely at a find.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2018 05:28PM by Badger in NH.