Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Be careful my friends...

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Be careful my friends...
August 21, 2018 03:54PM
Scammers are out there....broken English, cashiers check to be mailed, moving and mover will pick up detector...same BS and has happened several times...posted for all of our excellent traders info...Dan
PS: these scammers are good...send an overnight payment which is fraudulent and delivered by outside source in private vehicle..even extra in cashiers check for convenience..
Re: Be careful my friends...
August 21, 2018 04:05PM
Cash in hand

USPS Money Order

PayPal “Gift” - “Send Money to friends or family” option.

Amazon or WalMart gift card (once you have loaded it into the app/website and seen the credit balance)

These are some examples of “irreversable” payment.

Anything else is subject to various types of “reversibility” or outright fraud.

This includes:

Any kind of “money transfer” scheme,

Payment to eBay, Amazon, etc. where you are the seller,

Cashiers Check

And in any case, no shipment before irrevocable payment is received.

It’s a jungle out there.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
August 21, 2018 04:11PM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Scammers are out there....broken English, cashiers
> check to be mailed, moving and mover will pick up
> detector...same BS and has happened several times.
> ..posted for all of our excellent traders info...D
> an
> PS: these scammers are good...send an overnight pa
> yment which is fraudulent and delivered by outside
> source in private vehicle..even extra in cashiers
> check for convenience..

right dan!
i don't feel like 'supporting" someone's "habit"
god knows ,the feds take enough from me now through
"entitlement" programs.

(h.h.!)
j.t.
August 21, 2018 04:17PM
What Rick said. Just don't let ANYONE sweet talk you into making an exception. Been there and learned the hard way. Reconsider any transaction you cannot afford to lose if it goes sour- if there is any doubt at all just don't.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
August 21, 2018 04:23PM
hi pastor tom!
pastor tom,is what i just read true?
the equinox obsoletes all detectors?
if true,i need to get me one of those!
(hot damn!!)..

(h.h.!)
j.t.
August 21, 2018 04:31PM
A touch tongue in cheek, my old friend...
However, I have a dozen detectors that are in mothballs while I am scoring more silver and gold than ever before...

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
August 21, 2018 04:36PM
Having said all that, when I have bought from a private party via forum or craigslist, I offer to pay irrevocably up front. But I never do so until I have talked to the seller, gotten their full name, address and a bit of info on the item including where they got it, what they have done with it and some clear pics. I think I’m pretty good at structuring the conversation so as to give me a pretty good indication of whether I should trust the seller or not. I then cross-check the info on line. If it all checks out, I pay and they ship after the money is in their hand.

Risky? Well in dozens of transactions, I have never been stiffed. Also, I never buy a detector unless it is a “special opportunity”. Something I really want and at a price too good to ignore. There has to be something special to make me want to take the risk. As I tell the seller - “somebody has to trust somebody in this deal - I want the unit, therefore I’ll trust you”.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
August 21, 2018 04:50PM
I guess I been lucky too. I never been beat on a Detector deal buying or selling. No matter ebay or forums.
But in the early days on Forums and eBay could not afford to buy many as that was when the most scammers were out and unknown. When I did get a New Detector Which was not often I always dealt with a known Dealer who would take a trade in as could not afford 2 Detectors at once.
Back then it was Brian at Southern Treasures, one of the good guys.
August 21, 2018 05:14PM
Pasttom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A touch tongue in cheek, my old friend...
> However, I have a dozen detectors that are in moth
> balls while I am scoring more silver and gold than
> ever before...

seriously tom!..i am happy for you! i have been following
the videos closely,as i am interested as well!..i just had to respond when you said it obsoletes all,
because as we both know,this cannot be true!..i am "looking" for videos and reports of guys finding
new/old stuff in "cooked" parks and other public places,so i can make an informed decision.i am NOT interested
in "farm field" finds or "private yard" finds,because to me it's "bogus!"..you can use a tesoro compadre,
and clean out a private yard ,or even a farm field.

(h.h.!)
j.t.