Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Looks like a Intronik 2SF model coming and seems UNIQUE

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Looks like a Intronik 2SF model coming and seems UNIQUE
September 12, 2017 10:07PM
2 frequency at once...Low and high ...NICE!!!!!!

And FINALLY a dual coil can be a 6 inch or a 11 inch with simple button selection as I understand..

Garrett used to make BFO coils like this back in the day but that's doable on BFO.. But for a VLF to be able to do it, if it can will be a HUGE welcome...

This has Piqued my interest..BIGLY ..

in testing stages right now I understand

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: Looks like a Intronik 2SF model coming and seems UNIQUE
September 12, 2017 10:45PM
In the works for several years now, everyone has been patiently waiting for the final version put to market. Will be interesting. Only drawback was the selling price, initially estimated at $10,000. If it opens new doors, might be the ticket
for those Civil War sites that can be revisited.
Thought I saw someplace that Minelab was watching this............................Russian Tank vs. Kicking Kangaroo............................

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
September 12, 2017 10:49PM
This seems not to be the STF one Sven....

Not sure the 10,000.00 dollar STF one runs the Dual coil system???

[www.en.akaforums.com]

Im reading there two seperate units

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
September 13, 2017 02:08AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Im reading there two seperate units
>
> Keith

Probably so, haven't kept up much with the AKA's since selling my Berkut, so I thought it was the same. Know they have been working on the two in one coil.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
September 13, 2017 07:15AM
The last declared price of Intronik was at the level of 3000-3500 $
Waiting for September 16th ... winking smiley
September 13, 2017 08:03AM
The $3000-$3500 will be for the Inktronik STF, the 2SF will be a cheaper unit.
September 13, 2017 09:49AM
Certainly looks interesting, though i'm guessing Minelab might steal the show with their new machine this weekend...
September 13, 2017 11:37AM
Any guess on Frequency's it might use?
September 13, 2017 12:11PM
ShovelNose Wrote:
> Any guess on Frequency's it might use?

Lower frequency from 1.5 to 7 KHz
Upper frequency from 14 to 56 KHz
Probably there will be different coils with different ratios of lower and upper frequencies.
The greatest probability of the frequency ratio of the coil is expected to be equal to x8
September 13, 2017 12:13PM
ghound Wrote:
> Certainly looks interesting, though i'm guessing M
> inelab might steal the show with their new machine
> this weekend...

There is a possibility that it can turn out and vice versa ... winking smiley
September 13, 2017 01:33PM
I bet it hits hard on foil
September 13, 2017 02:08PM
I have read a bit about the Intronik platform in the past. Does anyone have any more performance details?

Steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2017 02:08PM by steveg.
September 13, 2017 05:16PM
They better work on their customer service and quality before they go charging that kind of price for the machine. There is basically no support for AKA units outside of Europe.
September 13, 2017 05:29PM
The latest rumors are MarsMD is working on straight shaft and probably INK's control box (and "nuclear box". Lol) will fit Mars shaft. Should this happen all issues with AKA's shaft will gone. AKA coils' quality is outstanding, control box quality is outstanding, only shaft is the weakest point of AKA.

But AKA told there would be reworked straight shaft for INK.
September 14, 2017 01:25AM
SuchMuch ..Yes I didn't care for their shaft design..

Steve..spent a few hours last night on Russian detecting forums...Man some of those guys are sharp!!!

Trying to get through the translation woes..I'm starting to think the Intronik does not ground bal...No phase shift G.B. for depth handicapping...seems maybe and I may out in left field but They use a dual processor comparator to see metalic from mineral..Then feed you the metallic signal and drop the mineral report.lots of the words are translated to words in english that make no sense whatsoever..LOL..but I feel it's not a ground balancing unit..

heres a quote..

"What this offers is a compilation of known methods. Intronic is a new method. If it's short. In general, this is closer to the project 2SF, which indicates the channel of the earth and the channel earth + purpose"

I read purpose as being the metallic target..

What's funny in this same thread they are talking about the Equinox and how the Dual VLF/BBS is very similar to the 2SF design...in terms of dual transmit channels..

Great reading over there if you can get some translation wors figured out..[www.reviewdetector.ru]

Google translator is a must so use chrome browser if you have it..and you'll have to dig around alot sometimes deep into threads to find a Surprise..I think a few of those guys are maybe Detector Builders..Maybe even AKA engineers??

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
September 14, 2017 01:48AM
Thanks for the additional info, Keith.

I joined the AKA forum awhile back, maybe close to two years ago, and asked a number of questions trying to understand the Intronik. I didn't get very far though, being spooked off by rumors of how expensive it would be. I'd really like to know, though, if they are onto something unique that would be an improvement in performance over other available platforms. Guess we will have to wait and see...

Steve
September 14, 2017 03:46AM
Yes SuchMuch It is the quality of their shafts I speak of, a blind monkey with a hammer and a screwdriver could drill better aligned mounting holes than the shaft maker. The quality of the electronics and coils is very good.
I have ran the Sorex Pro and made some nice finds including 2 gold rings and also a walking Liberty half at 14"! I had the Mars shaft for that unit and it was a very nice set up
I currently have the Sigmun MFT which I am redrilling the uppershaft and attaching it to a AT Pro middle and lower shaft assembly. The technology coming out of AKA is very nice but they just do not know how to market their product. Too many rumors, conflicting info and an ever changing price and then to top it off they back out of having a representative at Detectival! I have heard they were not attending due to the Introniks delayed release but many who own their products think they should have showed up to at least represent the products they currently sell.
I have never seen a company that is so unresponsive to the needs of their customers, at least not a successful one.

That being said, their European representative was very responsive to an issue I had and corrected it immediately.
September 14, 2017 07:18AM
Intronik does not use Ground Balance in the form that is used in VLF detectors.
There, the technology "Compensation of Groung"
(In the video below, the result of using this technology, when the detector is absolutely silent on the salt sea, working only for purposes)
Also in Intrinik, the concept of "discrimination" looks different - it works precisely according to the material of the target, in spite of its depth and the influence of the soil.
It is necessary to build on the fact that Intronik works on other new principles ...

[youtu.be]
September 14, 2017 10:24AM
Keith,
As to hot rocks and INK:
[www.en.akaforums.com]

All the vids, info dealing with INK is translated into English and is kept in section "Intronik STF": [www.en.akaforums.com]
Just browse it
October 14, 2017 07:50PM
I've had a Sorex Pro for about a year. I considered getting rid of it for a while because I couldn't figure it out with the manual supplied. So I found the AKA forum and was able to learn a lot there. Glad I kept it. With the 6x10 14 kHz coil it's super deep and the tones are spot on. The hodograph is a nice feature and will tell you if it's a nickel or pull tab. It's by far the best VLF detector for bad ground that I've owned. SuchMuch has said that the 3 kHz coil would work even better, so I might have to give one a try.
October 15, 2017 03:53AM
Shenandoah Digger -- when you say the hodograph can tell a nickel from a pull tab, can you elaborate? Are there also implications there for getting some clues on gold rings vs. pull tabs?

Keith -- I am probably mistaken, but I thought it was going to be the Intronik STF that was simultaneous multifrequency, while the 2SF was not simultaneous (i.e. your choice of one of the machine's two frequency options, but only running a single frequency at a time?)

I sure do wish there were some clearer info on these units, but based on the purported price tag of the STF, it is out of my league anyway (UNLESS that hodograph can tell gold rings from pulltabs!!)

Steve
October 15, 2017 06:51AM
I've the Signum mfd, it does have a wide ID scale of 180 points, but you can't normalize the ID, it changes depending on the coil freq used.
I bought mine for hunting old pastures, running the 2channels, it's the best i've had at alerting you to a target, probably the deepest as well in my soil, i really like it.
October 15, 2017 02:17PM
Signum shine. Is not easy to setup, but to learn fast is ok.
October 15, 2017 07:17PM
Steve--A nickel comes in at 37 and has a straight hodograph at about one o'clock, just a straight hand like a clock hand. With a pull tab, the numbers bounce around more and the hodograph is at one o'clock but is oval shaped, not straight like the nickel. Same with the only gold ring I tried-straight at about one o'clock. I run the accumulation at 3, so it's giving me the latest hodograph and the previous two. A great feature from a detector with a lot of great features. Learning it and hunting in trashy areas really pays off.
October 15, 2017 08:19PM
Very interesting. So, if you took the machine to a trashy park full of pull tabs, are you saying you feel like you could discern fairly accurately the nickels and/or gold rings from amongst the pull tabs, minimizing your pull tab digs/maximizing your ability to dig nickels and gold rings?
October 15, 2017 08:21PM
Probably not this way. You can feel it but you can't be sure for 100%... this doesn't work this way, even with other brands. We should always check it.
October 15, 2017 09:18PM
Well a nickel I can almost always tell from a pull tab, although a pull tab that's been bent to form a circle around the ring may look like a nickel on occasion. But that's rare. I'm a relic hunter and have only found a few gold rings, but none since I got the Sorex Pro. Not the Pro's fault. I just don't hunt in many areas expecting to find rings.
October 16, 2017 04:17AM
Thanks, Digger.

Shelton, I know that nothing is 100%; I wasn't suggesting so, nor even meaning to imply it. What I was trying to do, though I may not have stated it well, was to try to ascertain whether -- in Shenandoah Digger's experience -- he feels confident using the machine to give him clues that allow him to differentiate between pull tabs and nickels/gold rings a decent majority of the time. In other words, whether the Sorex Pro gives him some information via the hodograph that is "unique" in some way, as compared to other machines, so as to help him to better sort the "treasure" from the "trash." I don't know much about the hodograph on AKA machines, and would like to understand how valuable/accurate of a tool it is. Just trying to get opinions from some folks who have used AKA units, whether there is unique information offered based on the shape of the hodograph, that helps one to gain confidence in one's dig vs. no dig decision (in a more precise or accurate way than other machines).

Steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2017 04:18AM by steveg.
October 16, 2017 07:06AM
The same situation is with V3i. But the difference between pull tab exist but still depends on other factors, unfortunately.
October 16, 2017 10:19AM
I don't think the hodo can give a solid difference in a ring pull/gold ring, they both give straight lines, they do give different ID numbers though.
I tested a ladies small thin gold ring at ID35, the most common ring pulls at ID 50-52, mans thick gold ring at ID63.
You can also use full tones, kinda like the deus which would help, but there's no notch available, at least not on my Signum. There also quite good at ID bottle tops, crown caps and small flat pieces of thin tin, they have an algorithm to help check these at the touch of a button, so you can dig less trash once your comfortable with the machine.

steveg Wrote:
> Thanks, Digger.
>
> Shelton, I know that nothing is 100%; I wasn't sug
> gesting so, nor even meaning to imply it. What I
> was trying to do, though I may not have stated it
> well, was to try to ascertain whether -- in Shenan
> doah Digger's experience -- he feels confident usi
> ng the machine to give him clues that allow him to
> differentiate between pull tabs and nickels/gold r
> ings a decent majority of the time. In other word
> s, whether the Sorex Pro gives him some informatio
> n via the hodograph that is "unique" in some way,
> as compared to other machines, so as to help him t
> o better sort the "treasure" from the "trash." I
> don't know much about the hodograph on AKA machine
> s, and would like to understand how valuable/accur
> ate of a tool it is. Just trying to get opinions
> from some folks who have used AKA units, whether t
> here is unique information offered based on the sh
> ape of the hodograph, that helps one to gain confi
> dence in one's dig vs. no dig decision (in a more
> precise or accurate way than other machines).
>
> Steve