Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

new Impact owner

Posted by Mike Hillis 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
new Impact owner
August 27, 2018 05:11PM
I can't help it, I'm a late adopter. drinking smiley

Tom Dankowski gave a recommendation, and Keith Southern had let me have an early touchy feel. So when I saw Steve in OK's sell offer on a good package deal on the Treasure Depot, I ended up jumping. Unpacked it last night and did the normal make sure everything is working right tests. Be awhile before I can hunt it but right now I'm pretty happy in the value for money paid. I'm really interested in the 4x7DD and the 6" concentric performance on small gold at the 20 kHz freq, wondering if the 20kHz will outperform the F75 and 3x6 concentric on those targets. I'll guess I'll find out soon enough.

HH
Mike
Re: new Impact owner
August 27, 2018 05:14PM
Yes the Concentric ability on high Freq is a good avenue to have..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
August 27, 2018 07:13PM
20 kHz with stock coil 4 tones 0 disc/0 Isat is crazy deep too

Dug fatty injun in a field over a foot deep using that mode/setting/coil

Super tight/fast for sifting iron with same settings but small DD or Con. coil installed
August 27, 2018 08:14PM
The Impact is very good at unmasking, and it's deep. I personally like the Multi Kruzer better, as the same modes have all been enhanced (for example I felt the 4-tone mode is more sparky and the audio has been enhanced so it's not as harsh and digital sounding as the Impact's 4-tone mode), so the better polished modes, plus much lighter (and better ergo) and waterproof, hard to beat IMO. That said, the Impact will always have a special place in my book as it bagged my first gold coin, not that a BH couldn't have gotten it, as it wasn't deep, but still.

Mike with your F75 experience you'll take to the Impact like a fish to water thumbs down
August 27, 2018 09:30PM
August 27, 2018 09:51PM
Thanks for the advice and the confidence.

HH
Mike
August 28, 2018 02:15AM
Impact found my first gold coin last winter. What I like is the 7" in iron and the 5x9.5 for everything else. I also will take the small 5" round coil to go over the iron again. I use the Gen mode all of the time. The disc on this program is for a tone break and won't lessen the depth. If you set it for mid 20s any iron will give a grunt. Very deep and fast. Love the impact sold my deus but may have to see what the new coils for the dues can do.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
August 28, 2018 10:57AM
The Best of Luck with the Impact Mike.

I never bit that particular bullet 'cos it was IMO 'very close to' the "Racer's" (but I could be wrong on that?)

PS: did you ever figure out the camera questions you posed ages ago?
August 28, 2018 08:44PM
Hi Des,
I got the equipment piece lined out but got sidetracked when it came time to purchase. I got into that "spend money on this or that" scenario. And I'm still there.

HH
Mike