Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Multi Kruzer water hunting question

Posted by Daniel Tn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Multi Kruzer water hunting question
August 28, 2018 10:17PM
I went hunting today at one of my favorite beaches. I was hoping not many people would be there since school is in full session. On my way to the place, it dawned on me that this weekend is a friggin holiday weekend, and that people probably took off this week for one last hoorah of summer. I almost turned and went to another beach that did not have campgrounds surrounding it. Instead...I found most of the campgrounds empty and the beach deserted. Woo hoo.

I started off with the Nox and was getting a fair amount of coins in the water but decided I wanted to play with the MK some. So I swapped out units. Upon entering the water, I set it up in 4 tone, backed the gain down to 75, and disc at 10. I ground balanced and started swinging. I was hit with a barrage of tones...one way hits, it just sounded like falsing to me. I went a few yards and still no change. This beach is NOT trashy...the Nox runs quiet til it gets over something. I dropped to 3 tone and same thing there. I was at the point of thinking about swapping detectors. Until I hit deeper water and submerged the whole unit. After a few mins out there, it suddenly calmed down and remained that way for the rest of my hunt, even when I went back through the area I had started out in. Now what was the reason? I have a crazy theory and just wanted to see if anybody else has ran into this.

It was 95 degrees air temp...and the Kruzer was locked in my truck for about an hour before I swapped units out. I suppose it was over 120 inside the truck. I dunno what the water temp was. It took my breath when I first got in it though. I think the unit was reacting to the temp change. The coil being submerged made it cool off first...while the control box was still hot until I got into deeper water, and then the temp stabilized. I may be crazy but I think that's what happened. Question is...have any of you ran into anything like that? I did find more clad and a stainless ring...ring lucky #13 for the yr. I hunted the beach til a busting sinus headache made me call it quits. I covered it pretty well though, out to neck deep water.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2018 10:21PM by Daniel Tn.
Re: Multi Kruzer water hunting question
August 28, 2018 11:08PM
Could be. When I get tired of using the Equinox in the water I switch to the Kruzer with no problems. I've been running 2 tone & 4 tone. 2 tone with sensitivity at 96 and disc at 6. 4 tone sensitivity at 94 with disc at 6. I haven't had to lower it below 90. Also using the 4x7.5 in the water & hip mounted. You can hunt all day in water with that coil and hip mounted.
4j by Rick Covert, on Flickr

Rick
August 28, 2018 11:19PM
Daniel you could very well be right. Remember there were some Racer and Racer2 coils that when used in cold (freezing) weather were stuck in overload until they warmed up.
August 29, 2018 12:56AM
Cal -- I wasn't aware of that about the Racer coils. But then again I seldom have to worry about freezing temps in our winters here...except for about 2 weeks out of the year when it gets "cold" most of our winter time day temps are in the 40s to 50s. I'm sure that I probably didn't pay any attention since I probably figured I wouldn't ever encounter it Come to think of it, this is what I was describing in my original post on the Multi Kruzer in freshwater hunting. I had said that it had a lot of noise in the water. That time though, I actually swapped over to the Nox before really getting the unit out deep for a few minutes. The other times I've hunted with it, I have gone from air conditioning in the truck to the water...which is probably close to the same temps, and didn't notice any chatter.

Rick -- Have you tried the 7 inch coil in the water? Since I put it on, I have very seldom taken it back off and it is my Kruzer "go to" coil in the water right now. Like the Nox, I hope they make a 9 inch round concentric for it. My only complaint about water hunting with it, is the Makro brand waterproof headphones. They aren't loud enough and the cord is too thin and short. I had bought a pair of the LS Pelso brand that Kellyco is selling, and my pair came bad out of the box. I sent them back and received notice yesterday that they had shipped my replacement pair. They were supposed to test these to make sure they worked. That will eliminate the short and thin cord problem, and I hope it will boost the volume too.
August 29, 2018 10:17PM
I agree. I had the 7" concentric on my Impact and never took it off. I will be getting one for the Kruzer. I asked Dilek to lengthen the cord for easier hip mounting and to design a thin 8" or 9" round coil for water hunters. I agree on the waterproof headphones. I can't use them. In my fresh water I was not able to ground balance. No beep. Ground balance was 99. On land the ground is very mild.

Also agree the Equinox would be nice in the water with a thin 8" or 9" round coil. I wonder if it is able to work with a concentric coil. I hope we have that by next year.

Rick
September 05, 2018 09:45AM
FYI guys - as we got many requests from customers, a 9'' concentric coil is in the works for the Kruzer.
Cannot promise today that it will 100% happen but I will let you know once the tests are finalized..... thank you!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2018 10:23AM by Nokta Detectors.
September 05, 2018 09:52AM
Wow, wonderful.
Thanks Dilek!
September 05, 2018 10:20AM
If the 9" does come out that means more money out of my pocket as I will have to get me a MMK. smileys with beer
September 05, 2018 11:58AM
Uhhh oh. If the 9 inch coil comes to fruition, the MK will probably replace my Nox for a freshwater machine.
September 05, 2018 07:05PM
Yes, very good news. I hope it happens. Thank you.

Rick
September 06, 2018 02:51AM
Bump
September 06, 2018 09:24AM
BTW, you have until spring of 2019 when I start water hunting again to get it right. Or sooner thumbs down
September 06, 2018 03:27PM
I just ordered out a 7" concentric and now they'll have a 9" too?

My wife is going to have a hard time understanding these purchases, Makro. LOL
September 06, 2018 04:08PM
Jackpine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BTW, you have until spring of 2019 when I start wa
> ter hunting again to get it right. Or sooner thumbs down

That is enough time to release a new detector, let alone a coil :-)
September 06, 2018 09:41PM
Nokta Detectors Wrote:
> Jackpine Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > BTW, you have until spring of 2019 when I start
> wa
> > ter hunting again to get it right. Or sooner (t
> u)
>
>
> That is enough time to release a new detector, let
> alone a coil :-)

Okay that sounds good too!

Got a chance to swing the Multi Kruzer today and here is my opinion for water hunting.. Please make coils with 6' cables for chest mounting of the controls. The weight of the control pod and its location above the hand grip is not a good design for water use.
September 06, 2018 10:00PM
I'm really liking the MK and completely agree with you Tom. And Tom, you are the first one I've heard tell about the weight/balance. I have to hip mount mine because it hurted my upper forearm in a short time. Hip mounted it breeze swinging the water. The cord is just barely long enough for me to hip mount. A 6' cord and chest mount would be perfect.

Rick
September 06, 2018 10:17PM
3 rings today with mine. Hit a new swim area that I've never hunted. Also got approx $10 of clad. Not counted it all yet but it was a bunch and mostly quarters and dimes. That puts me at 16 rings FTY and ties the number I found last yr. I had the Nox with me but wanted to try those new headphones out for the Kruzer and never saw a need to quit using it. All 3 rings are junkards. I'm due a nice gold one....or gold something.

I've noticed a pattern though. The beaches at the lakes and rivers are mostly used by younger people...and I don't mean to sound like I'm looking down my nose at any particular group...but the people aren't exactly the kind of people that can afford gold or platinum jewelry. Most of the people of that status in this area, have pools at their homes and do not go to the lake and river. There can be exceptions I guess but so far this is right in line with the cheap jewelry I am finding in these areas.
September 06, 2018 11:55PM
Same here Daniel. Mostly junk rings. This summer got a nice 14k chain & pendant, a 10k earring and a 18k cross. No gold rings yet.

Got a Mars Tiger today and will try in the water tomorrow.

Rick
September 07, 2018 12:29AM
Rick, N. MI Wrote:

Got a Mars Tiger today and will try in the water tomorrow.

Where did you buy the Mars coil and do they make other sizes besides the Tiger for the Kruzer? Thanks
September 07, 2018 02:53AM
This is a recommended place by Mars to get there coils in UK.
[spinadiscmetaldetectors.com]

Shipping was $15.00.

Here are all the Mars coils available for the Multi Kruzer.
[en.marsmd.com]

Rick