Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Vista Smart+ and Warrior

Posted by Daniel Tn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Vista Smart+ and Warrior
October 27, 2017 04:31PM
One time around here, the Deep Tech detectors were very popular. There's not much posted about them any more and haven't been in a while. I was looking at just getting a filler machine...something I've never had, just to play around with for a while. I was going to get one of the G2+ machines for the lowered price. Just before I pulled the trigger, I got on YouTube and found some videos on it...including a few by Keith S. here. His video on his coins in the ground, made me decide not to buy the G2+. My dirt is very similar and I just didn't like what I saw and heard with that machine. Well that video led me to find the one where Keith tested the Warrior on those same coins, and it really dropped my jaw. 12 and 13 inch coins...very easy for it in disc mode. The G2+ was only getting them in all metal.

I have been looking around for a Warrior and can't find one on eBay. I did find the Smart Plus. I watched a video or two on it, from Richard @ Backwoods Detectors, and it looks pretty good too. Keith didn't have a video on the Smart Plus. It is shown as 15.5 khz where as the Warrior is 18, so they are still decently close to one another. The one thing I like that the Smart Plus has, that the Warrior doesn't, is the iron volume.

Has anybody played with these two machines? Any feedback you would like to give on them? I really like beep/dig machines. Even when I am running a metered machine, I still go by what sounds good instead of what shows up on the display.
Re: Vista Smart+ and Warrior
October 27, 2017 04:49PM
I have both. Better all arounder is Smart Plus. Warrior will be perfect tool for forest. If you have almost clean place with very deep target choose Warrior. Smart Plus combo: DD 8 inched closed coil and 14 inches EPIC.
October 27, 2017 09:14PM
I have a warrior.
The smaller coil on machine feels good ergonomic wise.
Stock size coil not as good.

Machine is deep, even with smaller coil.

Easy to run.
October 27, 2017 09:26PM
I have used a Gold and a Smart (not the smart plus) and I prefer the Gold. If you are interested in trying a Gold I have a very nice one that I would sell you at a good price.
October 28, 2017 12:46AM
I have tried the Gold before...back when they were popular on the forum, someone here sent one for me to try out. I didn't like the Gold as much as some people seemed to. It liked flat iron too much for my liking...would signal on it with a non iron sound. These others may be the same way but I have not handled those. Now, I did have the original Smart but they have updated and added some features to it with the Plus. Including adding some new coil options to the mix too. I didn't like how loud the iron volume was on the Smart and didn't like the coil I had for it either. The Plus, you can turn the iron volume down, and I like the results in videos on that 11" coil they have for it now. I would probably get that size and something else to compliment it. I would be using the machine just to hunt older stuff with in the woods and fields, where I can dig it all and dig deep.
October 28, 2017 03:13AM
Daniel, have you looked at the Chaser? Looks interesting.
October 30, 2017 03:54AM
Vista Smart would be best middle of road unit..

The DTVG unmask in iron the best followed by the Warrior

The RG-1000V2 is the deepest on silver and higher conductors..doesn't quite unmask in iron like the Warrior or surely the DTVG

the Smart is a good compromise and still unmask extremely well ...a true all arounder and like all Deeptechs only disc up to edge of foil range..

All Deeptechs are deep especially when power balanced..its the models that dictates the conductivity of targets your most after in the fringe zones.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
November 01, 2017 04:07PM
How about a vista Gold. Keith was very excited about them when first available and got me excited as well and I got one and have never considered selling since. One of the best 2 tone relic machines or multi tone for that matter ever made in my soil/sites.

It is deadly in nail carpets where a complete town was burnt to the ground during CW . Pulled a 3 cent silver out of nails in a small 20 x 20 area I had gridded numerous time with Deus, Etrac,f75 ,Shadow x5 gold bug pro and probably others I forgot about lol. Hits very well and deep equally on high and low conductors for me.
November 01, 2017 06:27PM
Gold is perfect for iron carpet places or more mineralized soil.
November 01, 2017 08:23PM
I have a nice Warrior with three coils if your interested Daniel! Be prepared to dig small targets at 18kHz!
November 04, 2017 09:57AM
How would a Warrior compare to a Gold Maxx Power or G2+? Coil size for coil size.
November 04, 2017 08:43PM
I had that Warrior. The reason I let it go was I felt that my Tejon/modded LST performed a little better. The Tejon/LST also had a little better separation. I didn't see a reason to keep it, having the Tesoro's. I did really like how quiet the Warrior was in iron trash. For that reason I miss the Warrior. I really liked the Super 6 coil. Now I want to try a Deeptech Gold but am holding out for the Equinox.

Rick