Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Shameless product shout-out

Posted by Daniel Tn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Shameless product shout-out
September 05, 2018 02:27AM
After all these years I finally broke down and bought a DVD copy of Nasa Tom's beach hunting techniques. I watched it this morning and must say...I learned more about beach hunting in that video than any other source I have at my disposal. I have all of Gary Draytons beach hunting books. I have Clive's books too. While those were good for a few pointers...they fall way short of the detailed info from that DVD. Drayton focuses too much on tooting his own horn about outsmarting the "competition" instead of teaching anything. I really enjoyed the video and if you have been thinking about getting it but haven't yet....go ahead and pull the trigger. It was like a light bulb went off in my head and now I cant wait to get back to the beach.
Re: Shameless product shout-out
September 05, 2018 03:23AM
Shameless...Bravo!

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
September 05, 2018 05:25AM
Shame on you for not buying that years ago Daniel!!smiling smiley
September 05, 2018 11:04AM
Got mine many years ago too!
September 05, 2018 07:08PM
Does it apply to fresh water hunting too.

Rick
September 05, 2018 08:06PM
It's a must for the serious detectorist. I rewatch these more than any of my myriad DVDs.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
September 05, 2018 10:00PM
Indeed Tom produces good info products on land and sea...
September 06, 2018 03:56AM
I must admit, beach hunting didn't really interest me up til about 2 yrs ago. I was always more interested in Civil War stuff. The interest for me shifted due to the relic thing being so difficult to find places to go, unless you are willing to trespass or nighthawk...same thing really. The only people consistently finding relics locally are the ones that are going where they aren't supposed to be. Ole Daniel don't play that game. I will go sift can slaw and foil bits for micro jewelry all day every day before I risk federal prosecution or being shot by a landowner.
------------------
The DVD does have a freshwater segment on it but it is very brief and not as thorough as the saltwater parts. Some of the things do over lap though. Particularly if the lake or river has a lot of moving water (by current or from boat wakes) or even water level fluctuations from dams...can be similar to tides, although probably not on a daily basis. Things can and do get stratisfied by weight/density though...just probably not as fast as the ocean beaches...and there is often a clay or rock layer to slow down or stop the items from sinking.

I do have to admit...my wife and I got a kick out of Tom's detector swinging technique for the beach. We both looked at the TV, then at one another, then back to the TV, and back to one another again with a "what in the heck is he doing" look on our faces. Haha. I'm slow when I hunt. I mean molasses slow. Tom probably could cover an entire beach twice by the time I cover 20 yards. I use to drive my hunting buddies insane by how slow I hunt, especially for relics. They would rip across an open field and zig and zag, go to one end of it and come back my way...always reminded me of the tortoise and the hare. ...and I would just be doing my own thing. I can see the benefit of covering lots of ground quickly but for me, slow and steady seems to win the race. I have always found more than my fast hunting buddies but I'm never on a time restraint either...where I am racing against a tide clock or beach cut that may disappear within hours after appearing. Those would be different circumstances.
September 08, 2018 01:51PM
Thanks Daniel and all... for the KUDO's! From the onset ….. I wanted it to be the most 'usable data valued' DVD on the open market...… and even valued to the land-locked detectorists.