Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Wedding ring recovery.

Posted by ghound 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Wedding ring recovery.
September 06, 2018 10:12AM
The organiser of a local charity event asked if i could help find a lost ring from an outdoor show. The field was about 4-5 acres, but i hit lucky about 20mins in with the Nox and found it.
So he was well happy and so was i as i got a buzz from reuniting the owner and ring, and another 50+ acres to add to my permissions!
Re: Wedding ring recovery.
September 06, 2018 11:23AM
Another Sherlock Holmes "whodunit mystery" solved by an md'r. Love the repatriation stories. Good on you !
September 06, 2018 02:10PM
You forgot the good feeling when returning...After recovering everything from car keys to an expensive diamond ring in the snow just loved the challenge. Kudos on a job well done.Certainly good for the hobby....
September 06, 2018 03:24PM
Well done Mr Ghound!

Got a Call last nite for my help in finding 'a white platinum wedding band' lost while throwing leaves! (search on this weekend)

I've lost count of the rings I've helped to find down the past +40yrs that I have been asked to find? (1977-2018)
September 11, 2018 06:13PM
Well, 5 days after I wrote the above I finally did the search!

Not as lucky as you were Mr Ghound! And I was really disappointed not to have found it because I used to work with the guy's sister @ Moon Lab!

Spent close to an hour and a half in a small enough yard: lots of 'house construction trash buried deep beyond the tip of the Carrott which I used to "probe the surface".
We dug out a few and one was a strange coin that 'looked like' a 2Euro coin but registered just a TID 12 on my X-Terra 505 - an Indian coin we think?
Few other 'bits & bobs' - small flat wire connector, about the dimensions of the ring (so we knew we were on track) and another 5c euro.

Buy do you know what peeved me? I had said I didn't want "reward money" but I wasn't offered a cup of tea and...it was during 'tea time' the search was on!
Came right home and had...you guessed it...a cup of tea!

Aw well, we can't get lucky every time!