Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Highly impressed with Notka's 7" Concentric coil on Micro Jewelry @20 kHz and Deep mode

Posted by Mike Hillis 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Highly impressed with Notka's 7" Concentric coil on Micro Jewelry @20 kHz and Deep mode
September 06, 2018 02:34PM
Spent a little time last night getting acquainted with my Impact. It came with the stock 7x11, 5x10, 4x7, and 5" DD coils and the 7" concentric. I hadn't had time to do anything other than verify everything worked the night I received it so i could let the seller know we were square, so this was the first real opportunity to spend any quality time with it.

I was doing some basic bench testing of the programs and coils. Everything was pretty normal until I got to the 7" Concentric and my micro gold test target. Whoa. The 7" concentric in Deep @20 kHz with default settings really liked my micro jewelry bench test target a lot. Very impressive. My micro jewelry test target is a tiny little 10k white gold 4 prong earring stud that could hold maybe a 1/5 carat size stone. Something that might be worn in a nose piercing as the stone is really too small for an ear. Its so small that it would be a worthless find even it it had a diamond in it due to the size.

The Impact Deep setting and 7" coil was doubling + what the F75 LTD did in boost at max sensitivity with the 3x6 concentric, and doing it at the Nokta Deep default settings. I was highly impressed by that. Some might say, well duh, look at the frequency difference and I would shrug that off as basic ignorance about the F75 LTD capabilities as it a very capable gold prospector unit in its own right and its low noise floor will allow it to keep up with most detectors in the 17, 18, 19, and 20 kHz operating ranges.

The 7" concentric puts the Impact squarely into the playing field of micro gold jewelry detectors.

I'm really hoping the Impact can operate in my environmental conditions.

HH
Mike

edited to clarify.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2018 04:24PM by Mike Hillis.
My 7" concentric coil, for the Kruzer, is being shipped out this morning! I can't wait to add it to the arsenal based on what I'm reading and seeing!

Thank you for the post Mike. I'm reading up on what you and others are saying about it.
Re: Highly impressed with Notka's 7" Concentric coil on Micro Jewelry @20 kHz and Deep mode
September 06, 2018 03:39PM
Try the all metal on the impact the disc doen't lose depth it sets the tone for iron

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: Highly impressed with Notka's 7" Concentric coil on Micro Jewelry @20 kHz and Deep mode
September 06, 2018 10:43PM
When I had a pre-production model Impact, I was one of the first to obtain the 7" concentric. I liked it so much, I used it 98% of the time. Others who have bought the 7" concentric were also impressed.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
September 10, 2018 05:54PM
I updated my Impact with the latest software release and took it out for spin Sunday morning. Mostly looking to see how it handles my EMI and get a better feel for the audio. Visited my worst EMI site and it did well in all the program default presets so that was a relief. The stock 7x11 DD exhibits a little bit of white noise when resting still in the wet grass but didn't seem to false while sweeping so that was good.

Audio will takes some getting used to. Low tone and mid tones are nice but that squeaky high tone will take some getting use to, especially all the hot rock squeaking. Modulation kicks in faster than I like so I'll have figure that out. The wireless ones that came with it worked alright but the more modulated the audio the more important the headphones become and I'll need to see what works best.

I'll give it a go. The 7" coil and micro jewelry target sensitivity makes me want to spend time with it and see if I can make it work for me. I hope so anyway. I have to replace the money I spent on it which means selling some units I didn't plan on selling.

HH
Mike
Hey Mike I knew youd Like the 7-C.

That coil on High Freq has become my go to in alot of scenarios..Works great on Multi-Kruzers too!

You'll see something else of it Shortly I'm loving to use it for!!!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Keith Southern Wrote:
————————————-
That coil on High Freq has become my go to in alot
> of scenarios..Works great on Multi-Kruzers too!
>
> You'll see something else of it Shortly I'm loving
> to use it for!!!!
>
> Keith

We can take a hint Keith!

Must be testing new machine with that coil attached grinning smiley
September 12, 2018 10:12AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Mike I knew youd Like the 7-C.
>
> That coil on High Freq has become my go to in alot
> of scenarios..Works great on Multi-Kruzers too!
>
> You'll see something else of it Shortly I'm loving
> to use it for!!!!

>
> Keith

Keith, you have that right..................................smoking smiley

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me