Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ 70 PRO TD tuned

Posted by sonny(IN) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ 70 PRO TD tuned
September 06, 2018 04:50PM
I have been playing golf for the past 2 years instead of detecting. I bought a TD tuned cz 70 pro that tested 12 inches on a dime. detector is marked by TD. Debating whether to hang onto it or sell. Would this be hard to replace
Re: CZ 70 PRO TD tuned
September 06, 2018 05:24PM
Sure would...all depends will you be multi tasking in two hobbies or not...me thinks one of these days who will swinging a detector as once in your blood tough to quit...
September 06, 2018 06:19PM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sure would...all depends will you be multi tasking
> in two hobbies or not...me thinks one of these day
> s who will swinging a detector as once in your blo
> od tough to quit...

Ask Dan---he of all people should know!winking smiley-----Dan, you brazenly announced awhile ago that you were selling out & getting out of the hobby.----Well---here yah are again----welcome back (again)!grinning smiley-----Man, I've got some health issues myself but I ain't givin up this hobby till they pry them (detectors) out of my cold, dead hands!---------Sonny---Hang onto that CZ, a really good (exceptional) one like you have is hard to come by.----I think you are expert with a CZ & can do just as well/better than us other nuts no matter what we're using.----Besides that, it looks good hangin on the wall beside you golf clubs!!!thumbs downsmiling smiley----------Del
September 06, 2018 08:23PM
What Sens. Setting is it hitting the 12" Dime at?
Tom must have Validated it instead of tuning it as He doesn't tune the digital CZs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2018 08:26PM by Harold,ILL..
September 07, 2018 12:57AM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> What Sens. Setting is it hitting the 12" Dime at?
> Tom must have Validated it instead of tuning it as
> He doesn't tune the digital CZs.

I believe he can tune them, but the CZ7/70 have water seals that are currently non-replaceable, so once it's opened, it no longer provides the water resistance.
September 07, 2018 01:11AM
I sent Him a CZ6a that had water seals also and He tuned it?
September 07, 2018 01:16AM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> I sent Him a CZ6a that had water seals also and He tuned it?

When was that, in the past decade?

When I sent him mine he didn't want to tune it because once the seals were broken, he couldn't replace them and FT no longer stocked them.
September 07, 2018 01:22AM
Yes it was a year and a half ago. Did not mention it if I remember correctly? Maybe He did and I forgot as don't remember like I use too? He did calibrate it though.
I sold it awhile back with the paperwork so don't have to check out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2018 01:24AM by Harold,ILL..
September 07, 2018 02:28AM
I believe there is a difference between 'tuning' and 'validating'.

If I remember correctly, Tom did not 'tune' any of the digital units and only validated them to make sure they were up to par. Similar to how he would validate an F75. He would run a multitude of tests on them.

The tuning for the analog units makes sure the discriminate windows are calibrated correctly (the nickle window being one of the most crucial) among other things. Tom could also tune the CZ 5 and CZ 6a to spec out like a CZ3D (which would make them have the ability to run in enhanced mode), but they would still only be 3 tone units.

At least that is what I remember.
September 07, 2018 02:57PM
D&P sold all my units and just sold my acc's so unless I use a hickory stick am out of hobby...still visit Tom's forum so just an armchair detectorist at best...Toughest decision I had to make since I retired but wife is my priority..Guess I have to slowly leave completely and they say kicking drugs is tough...
September 07, 2018 03:44PM
I am not far behind You Dan. I went out maybe a hand full of times this summer. We just don't have the spots anymore not close by anyways. Also recent Health issues don't help as don't feel like driving 45 minutes to a City park. And before anyone says research, My area is all developed that's why The Forest Preserves We lost were so critical as they were The long time Picnic Groves. The Hobby not as Fun anymore. Going to sell My Etrac but hang onto other two just in case for now anyways.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2018 05:17PM by Harold,ILL..
September 07, 2018 06:51PM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
> D&P sold all my units and just sold my acc's so un
> less I use a hickory stick am out of hobby...still
> visit Tom's forum so just an armchair detectorist
> at best...Toughest decision I had to make since I
> retired but wife is my priority..Guess I have to s
> lowly leave completely and they say kicking drugs
> is tough...

We wish you & your wife the best Dan.