Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Equinox weird pinpointing

Posted by 67GTA 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Equinox weird pinpointing
September 10, 2018 11:43PM
Ran across this video while looking for Equinox tests. Heard several complaints about the pinpointing being off and finding coins in the side of plugs. This might have something to do with it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-VXVu5f_pk
Re: Equinox weird pinpointing
September 11, 2018 12:56AM
Very interesting video. With the limited amount of dirt hunting I have done with the Equinox I thought I was out of practice pinpointing. I wonder if this was intentional? I wonder if other detectors do this? I wonder if Minelab knows about it?
September 11, 2018 11:57PM
The manual says the center of the coil is the pinpoint line. The only other mention is when a target is close to the coil it can produce three signals. I just ordered mine. Maybe Calabash can test this out for usgrinning smiley
September 12, 2018 12:00AM
I dug targets thin/flat yesterday, on edge. Pinpoint was off to the side a bit. Have seen this loads while using before and after update. I consider it normal ops.
September 12, 2018 12:06AM
That's odd, I found the pinpointing on the EQ800 to be about as good as it gets, with one well known caveat. Sometimes when you initiate the PP the audio is muted, it only happens once in a while, and if you re-initiate the PP it works fine. Apparently they've fixed or improved this with the software update, but I haven't tested it yet.
September 12, 2018 09:54AM
Well to me there is a difference between the two programs. It appears they made adjustments to the sensitivity......it seems hotter. Anytime you run to hot of a coil the PPing can be off because you are expanding the coil foot print. In the water ive lost a lot more targets in the hole....... it seems to be reading the hole. Some of course will be on the side, turned differently of just drop lower than the coil sees them..... but more are doing it. Not a big deal just take time to relocate..... it didnt seem to do it in the wet sand yesterday.