Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Evacuating Florence

Posted by adamBomb 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Evacuating Florence
September 11, 2018 08:12PM
Finally arrived at my destination in PA. Its currently headed right for Wilmington as a Category 4 so we had to take off. Wilmington is absolutely crazy right now. Stories of water and gas shortages are popping up on our local facebook pages. But its really crazy there now. Traffic is getting heavy in the evac zones...and yet I still have neighbors that are staying. Good luck to those who may need to go. Keep watching the models because they are shifting.

Nox600, CTX, CZ21, Excal II and White's DF with 920i stealthscoop...I live and hunt at the beach in Wilm NCsmiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2018 08:13PM by adamBomb.
Re: Evacuating Florence
September 12, 2018 12:00AM
I think Hell is about to be unleashed. You were smart to leave in my book. I can see people like farmers with animals having a very tough decision. But your average home owner staying just to stay? High stakes!
September 12, 2018 12:11AM
We saw the same thing this summer with all the crazy historic wild fires in California. My parents town was under mandatory evac for over a week, luckily Cal Fire and it's resources busted their ass and were able to contain that fire with minimal structure/property loss, but every year they get worse and worse.

Stay safe people, it's not worth your life to stay with your possessions.
September 12, 2018 12:58AM
Smart move Adam.
Glad you are safe.
I have been though a couple. Not pleasant.
Loads of uncertainty as to what a person has as far as basic needs during the aftermath.
September 12, 2018 02:25AM
Hanging in Little River at least till Wed afternoon. Hurricane party with neighbors tonight. Have the 5th wheel hooked up and ready to roll to the Charlotte Motor Speedway. Free camping how can you go wrong there. Picked up a Gen Set to run camper if we stay and ride it out. Predictions are all over the place on where its going to go. Could be the Carolina's "Andrew". Some in my neighborhood have left but with Charlotte only 3 hours away I can hang till the winds are about to pick up. Never know it could turn north. I will get back before the cuts go away. Lots of my friends are staying but it will be one scary night.