Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

A few of the reason's the new Gold Bug has me excited

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
A few of the reason's the new Gold Bug has me excited
June 13, 2010 09:36PM
Is the ultra fast shut down between target's..
Is the 19kh'z freq( Hot on low conductor's)
Is the ultra light weight one battery design on a S-Pole( My Favorite Rod)

and the most important thing to me and an option I wanted on the t-2/f-75= The ability to set you tone break from high to low ..

that was what kept me from being able to really pick in the iron with the t-2/f-75..They used a factory set tone break..
Sure you could use the one tone and get around the problem but I like to hear everything under the coil no matter what and when the nails are silenced sometimes you don't even know the nail's are there so how do you know how to accurately sweep or slow to a crawl??You have to know whats under the coil in order to hunt it properly with the tool in hand!

Here's a scenario for ya that happened just about a month ago..there was a known house site that had really been hit hard but was full of square nails...Well it was about written off .. But I had picked up a Shadow X-5 with the DD coil and 19khz freq.. So I said i will check the house site in the wood one more time with the new rig just see if it will unmask a low conductor.I went in with nail rejection sens 8.5 and the first target was a Civil War Georgia Coat button!!only about 4 inches deep but masked pretty bad with the nail's My buddy ran the f-75 LTD over it in 2 -tone and it was just a constant blat,blat,blat,I went on to recover several more pieces of lead and brass that were missed but nothing spectacular till I pulled a 1929 Standing Liberty Quarter on edge that was in just beautiful shape to say the least..

Where is this going?
Well the quarter while a high conductor once it was on edge is a real hard target to see at 8 inches and the Civil War Georgia coat button in nail's is super hard to see...but the 19khz like's those type targets!!(Humm the gold Bug is On 19khz)

We decided to start walking a little a few days later and I was ahead of him and crossed a creek and then went to the top of a hill then went right up the creek...He calls a few minutes later on the Cell and ask why I didn't hunt the house site on the top of the hill across the creek? I said I didn't hear a site( I was still in nail disc) of any kind across the creek.. I commented it looked sort of like a house site but no chimney visible so I just basically swung on through.....( Now I know I could/should of been in all metal but the bad ground minerals when walking covering a lot of ground causes you to re-balance constantly and it is annoying to say the least) I actually was in all metal for awhile but when crossing the creek I jumped into disc mode and missed the spot...
When I got back down to the house he was already swinging it so I fell in where I could..Well I start pulling brass again... toe taps(3 to be exact) F-75 swung them and grunted again no doubt... There was a bed of nails here also...the F-75 hit the spot with the assistance of the 2 tone mode but missed the taps due to target masking..(Humm the Gold Bug has 2 tone and the ability to set tone break point to minimize masking)..

This isn't the first time I missed spot's ..Used to when detectors didn't really offer a full disc range even when you knew where a site was you couldn't unmask when the detector couldn't even hear a nail on zero disc..then with the advent of the full range disc you could hunt in the nails and unmask better by using a barely nail reject..but still leave targets...now we have the option to snoop a little more thoroughly and at the same time hear all under the coil!

This one option on the Gold Bug will unmask targets better than what we have yet seen from First Texas..( I hope)

Now we can hunt like we need to with the tone break point being our choice..No more good iron target's like gun parts and such being missed because they read less than the factory determined iron grunt..

Lets hope this is a good one for un-masking!!Looks like we might get a combo of all the best trash hunter's in one light unit?

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2010 09:44PM by Keith Southern.
Re: A few of the reason's the new Gold Bug has me excited
June 14, 2010 11:40AM
This is the exact justification as to why it's important to hunt with the F75 in monotone....... and a Disc of '6'. This would have found those toe-taps, brass button and a badly masked silver quarter on edge.

But...........the 19-Khz of the Gold Bug will also be an additional attribute for low conductor relic hunters.............AND.............yes, the user-adjustable two-tone tone-break setpoint will be beneficial.

Because gold-specific prospecting units are known to have major attributes to/for relic hunters (especially around heavy iron trash); things like: the advent of the Tek G2 will come to fruition.
June 14, 2010 05:17PM
"""This is the exact justification as to why it's important to hunt with the F75 in monotone....... and a Disc of '6'. This would have found those toe-taps, brass button and a badly masked silver quarter on edge."""

I had forgot the monotone for unmasking targets, thanks for the reminder.

NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is the exact justification as to why it's
> important to hunt with the F75 in monotone.......
> and a Disc of '6'. This would have found those
> toe-taps, brass button and a badly masked silver
> quarter on edge.
>
> But...........the 19-Khz of the Gold Bug will also
> be an additional attribute for low conductor relic
> hunters.............AND.............yes, the
> user-adjustable two-tone tone-break setpoint will
> be beneficial.
>
> Because gold-specific prospecting units are known
> to have major attributes to/for relic hunters
> (especially around heavy iron trash); things like:
> the advent of the Tek G2 will come to fruition.
June 14, 2010 09:16PM
Makes a huge difference.
January 14, 2018 05:00PM
I loved my Gold Bug Pro in the iron,

found a lot of buttons many others walked right over time and time again with that sucker thumbs down

Then along came the F19 to replace the GBP and it was off to the races again and even better than predecessor.

Need the next level unit now (F19+)? Keep everything as is on the machine currently but allow to run gain higher, add a dual mode (AM and disc running at same time) and add a boost process and I think I'd be all set grinning smiley
January 14, 2018 10:21PM
Man Michigan you scared me to death. Didn't notice at first the post was from 2010. Was just about to make a trade for the New and improved gold bug pro. grinning smiley
January 14, 2018 11:35PM
I thought that since we are moving this coming week my wife would be excited. I like to be excited. So i kissed my wife on the neck and gently rubbed her arm and she took our cat and put her on the covers beside me and said there you go... pet her and she rolled back over and went to sleep... Damn man
TH
January 15, 2018 06:48PM
Frank....LOL...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla