Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Inexpensive aPTX Low Latency Headphones

Posted by ChrisMD 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Inexpensive aPTX Low Latency Headphones
September 13, 2018 02:21PM
Just thought I'd share this for those interested in earbuds for their Equinox that connect at Low Latency. [www.amazon.com]

I picked mine up for $37 new on Amazon, but seems like price recently jumped up $10 all over. They are the Samsung Level U Pro, not to be confused with the Samsung Level U which doesn't connect at low latency. I have about 50-60 hours on mine and holding up well, battery life ok at between 10 hours from full charge to turn off. Not sure if the price is going to come back down to $37, but there were others around the net selling for $35'ish when I bought mine.
Re: Inexpensive aPTX Low Latency Headphones
September 13, 2018 08:16PM
ChrisMD Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just thought I'd share this for those interested i
> n earbuds for their Equinox that connect at Low La
> tency. [www.amazon.com]
> -Wireless-Headphones-Microphone/dp/B017KE9KOU?crid
> =ZR9UVJBFTGAI&keywords=samsung+level+u+pro&qid=153
> 6848178&sprefix=Samsung+Lev%2Caps%2C141&sr=8-2&ref
> =sr_1_2
>
> I picked mine up for $37 new on Amazon, but seems
> like price recently jumped up $10 all over. They
> are the Samsung Level U Pro, not to be confused wi
> th the Samsung Level U which doesn't connect at lo
> w latency. I have about 50-60 hours on mine and h
> olding up well, battery life ok at between 10 hour
> s from full charge to turn off. Not sure if the p
> rice is going to come back down to $37, but there
> were others around the net selling for $35'ish whe
> n I bought mine.

That's still a pretty good deal, if they are aptx Low Latency. I paid over twice that for my Sennheiser CX 6.00 earbuds.
September 13, 2018 08:25PM
They definitely are. They connect to the Equinox with the Low Latency icon, and the review websites tested them out at 37ms.
September 13, 2018 09:05PM
Mfg website says "Ultra High Quality Audio (UHQA)" technology and makes no reference to APTX. Not listed as a APTX-LL product on aptx dot com .
September 13, 2018 10:46PM
I’m aware of both. Lots have headphones don’t actually list aPTX or the type, it’s a confusing market. I do know I’m connected at low latency, my Equinox tells me so, and the results swinging say so. I’ve tried regular aPTX headphones and while small the lag is there, more so on a fast swing.

Look at latency on this review: [www.rtings.com]

newguy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mfg website says "Ultra High Quality Audio (UHQA)"
> technology and makes no reference to APTX. Not lis
> ted as a APTX-LL product on aptx dot com .
September 14, 2018 04:26PM
I use these Avantree ones.....40 hour battery life....APTX LL. [amzn.to]

They work GREAT when paired to my PC...Phone...Tablet.....no lag in lips to audio. Use them as my gaming headset actually....they are that good.

However, when using on a detector without built-in BluTooth.....you MUST use a transmitter....and unfortunately Avantree does NOT have a battery operated one like TaoTronics does.

I have this TaoTronics [amzn.to] and it works GREAT as a RX/TX device....APTX and all that. Works perfect. As soon as I use it on my detector it breaks up and sounds erratic. No lag at all...just crackle and pops.

Obviously Avantree wants you to use Avantree transmitter....but no Li-Ion battery. The Tao-Tronics one has battery...but does not play nice ONLY when metal detecting.

Super happy with both of them...in all applications....other than metal detecting.

Talk about frustrating....

And yes I agree 100% with Chris......some of the new version out do NOT say APTX-LL but are just labeled as "low-latency" and do seem to pair and work fine. Under 40ms.

This pair from Avantree says "Fast Stream" in the definition. [amzn.to] Perhaps the APTX-LL chipset/codec got expensive to buy....so China figured out a way to clone it? Who knows...says under 40ms and no lip-sync delay.

My YouTube - [www.youtube.com]
Website - [www.thehuntergt.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2018 04:27PM by TheHunterGT.