Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CW relics buffs check out this video (gold)

Posted by Sod-buster 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CW relics buffs check out this video (gold)
February 11, 2018 02:11AM
I have hunted this site. Actually dug over 100 nonferrous out of using Deus. Folks told me they had been hunting this site hard since 1975.
I haven't hunted in a while.
Based on the trees in background and listening to the one gent talk, where the gold was found, ,when I hunted a few times was in pretty tall stubble.

I have hunted with the gray haired gent once in Ky.
He was a big time CTX man. Notice what he's running now in this video.

Also notice how deep the holes dug are.

I can attest personally soil in this site 3 bars on F75.

Now I mentioned gold found.
Not what you think.

Cheers and enjoy the video.

[m.youtube.com]

One heck of a find!!
Big congrats to Jeff.
Never have met him.

Wonder what the rarity value of the find is?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2018 02:19AM by Sod-buster.
Re: CW relics buffs check out this video (gold)
February 11, 2018 12:10PM
They had the big guns with them. That gold find was spectacular. I believe they matched it up with some good research and got lucky with it being nearly only one possibility.
I'd have like to have been shone the aftermath of the officer....could look it up I suppose.
February 12, 2018 02:01AM
Incredible find!

Congrats on the Civil War Era gold ring.
February 12, 2018 02:59AM
Jeff is a lucky rascal. I've never met Loy but have met Jeff at the DIV hunts. We were on the same hill digging in a Wisconsin camp. I was finding 3 ringers and eagle buttons and Jeff walks right thru there and digs a seated dime about 20 feet from me. He's one of those guys that if there's something really good or unique there, he gets his coil over it.