Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Mikron NRG-150 Vistas Cousin??????

Posted by morelicdetector 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Mikron NRG-150 Vistas Cousin??????
February 05, 2015 02:14AM
Anyone took the bait on one of these yet? Looks interesting.............

[www.ebay.com]

[www.ebay.com]

[www.ebay.com]
Re: Mikron NRG-150 Vistas Cousin??????
February 05, 2015 03:59AM
Price is good if the quality is good as well. They have a couple of pulse units that are interesting as well.
February 05, 2015 08:16PM
I think the control boxes are off the shelf....

dont think Mikron is linked to Deeptech...

neat looking unit though..

Keith
February 06, 2015 01:46AM
these units have been out for a number of years
February 06, 2018 03:02AM
Hello Keith.
A reply to an old post of course so now that I have 'covered my head' here so I don't get 'bopped', LOL, they do look the same at least in the shape of the two control boxes but the Mikron is turning out to be maybe the deeper detector. I have the Mikron NRG-110 and that is one of the deepest and most sensitive detectors that I have (ever) used, (especially) with very small micro-metals such as small nonferrous pins off lapels that are only 1/8-1/16 or less wide and I have actually found with this exact machine, down to 6" or even more. Should be a tremendous machine for small gold, even flour gold. Basically the same as the NRG-150 but just not the screen version. It is strictly a turn-knob detector but nonetheless, an auto-GB & manual GB/Threshold detector (as well as) volume adjustment. When you have both of these, this often makes for a VERY deep detector even with some of the older T/Rs from the 70s that have all three of these and especially when they used the 8/aa batteries and yes, coil size is unimportant and meaningless at that point. Coil size has been a prevalent myth as to how deep a detector goes as it's (much) more to do with the transmit capabilities of the signal. From some of the youtube test on the two models, the NRG-150 is quicker, possibly because they either refined it digitally and trimmed the lag time and/or the detection circuit, or (because) it is digital and thus faster because of this by itself. These both are no slouch! Mine will detect a nickel at 14-15" in an air test and yes, true, the ground conditions, sweep speed, height of coil from the ground, settings, length of time target has been in the ground, etc., all will determine the depth of detection of nickels or other coins at less or more than this air test distance but the air test is a fairly accurate guide to use and this machine seems to be a little more powerful than my Pirate Apolonia which is also quite powerful. The Pirate model line uses this same housing and is yet another detector that's also built and assembled in Bulgaria. Don't hear much about any of these three detector brands these days so they may not have too much of a distributorship here in North America and DeepTech for that matter isn't heard about much anymore, around here. Some DeepTechs end up on ebay, used sometimes and I think, can be bought new on there but the keyword, 'DeepTecg has to be entered just to get ebay to redirect to a foreign seller. Now, the question of whether all three of these companies use the same 'off the shelf' supplier or not, no one seems to know but this (would) be an interesting question.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2018 03:08AM by Greg48.
February 06, 2018 01:46PM
Mikron supplied control boxes to Deeptech and Pirate. Deeptech now uses their own.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2018 02:07AM by woodchiphustler.
February 07, 2018 01:53AM
Thanks for the info woodchiphustler. That's very interesting. All in all, the Mikron has proven to be a (very) deep as well as, sensitive detector to very small items in spite of a few quality-control issues as well as quality of their materials and workmanship. Thanks again.
February 07, 2018 02:10AM
Your welcome. Bulgaria is an interesting market to watch. I have several of their machines. All perform very well relic hunting.
February 13, 2018 07:38AM
I bought a Mikron NRG-150 several months ago. First time out with it, the detector went nuts and wouldn't calm down no matter what I tried. I sent it back to the dealer for a refund. He told me 2 out of 3 detectors were defective and he wasn't going to handle them anymore. Maybe some of the Mikron models are ok, but I wouldn't care to try my luck with another one. The Vista Gold has been problem free and very deep even with the small super Six coil.