Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

SUGGESTIONS & NAMING CONTEST LINK

Posted by Nokta Detectors 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
SUGGESTIONS & NAMING CONTEST LINK
September 21, 2018 10:07AM
As promised, here it is guys:
[noktadetectors.com]
Re: SUGGESTIONS & NAMING CONTEST LINK
September 21, 2018 12:14PM
Hey Dilek

Would you translate the Turkish in the blue, what I assume is the submit button. Kills the competition?

I hit it and got no confirmation my entry was submitted.

Thanks
Tom
September 21, 2018 01:19PM
Jackpine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Dilek
>
> Would you translate the Turkish in the blue, what
> I assume is the submit button. Kills the competit
> ion?
>
> I hit it and got no confirmation my entry was subm
> itted.
>
> Thanks
> Tom

:-) lol.... ok it is in English now ...
You get a confirmation message once you submit it..
September 21, 2018 01:23PM
Worked alright for me.
September 21, 2018 01:29PM
How about a 4"x 20" DD coil that will work with the Impact for us jewelry hunters?

Mike
September 21, 2018 02:05PM
I keep getting server error
September 21, 2018 02:14PM
Need an end date for the naming contest

Wayne
September 21, 2018 02:34PM
Beyonder-Pa Wrote:
> I keep getting server error

+1
September 21, 2018 04:13PM
500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Server error. Tried w/Safari and Firefox.

Is there any size/word count limitation or any forbidden characters in the response fields?

Wayne
September 21, 2018 05:15PM
ncwayne Wrote:
> 500 - Internal server error.
> There is a problem with the resource you are looki
> ng for, and it cannot be displayed.
>
> Server error. Tried w/Safari and Firefox.
>
> Is there any size/word count limitation or any for
> bidden characters in the response fields?
>
> Wayne

Can’t say.
But I put this much in and it accepted.

Variable freq weighting while multi freq is in use.
Allow use of single freq ops
If possible have way to exclude whichever freq a perons wants to exclude while using multi freq.
Nice audio
Waterproof detector rating that at least matches Kruzer series detectors.
Multi language capable menu
VDI span of at least 99 numbers or segments with no more than 15 positions assigned to ferrous.
Lipro battery a must
An easy viewable screen
Easy navigation of menu, some ingenuity needs to be done here so screen space is not littered moreso with modes/settings labels. Consider using universal symbols instead of words.
Menu as far as navigation, ensure menunsettings can be navigated forwards and backwards. (Equinox weakness btw)
Advanced menu settings (more out of sight)
Superficially as long as enough mode info is present to get a person going with detector st first, more less viewed modes or mode setups (number of tones) can be more obscured but readily accessible
Auto and Manual GB
Mineralization index meter- needs to be able to denote minimum 5 levels of mineralization(from inert to the most severe) and be more accurate when coil is pumped over ground rather then swept over ground.
Speed or recovery speed adjustment
Properly located external speaker. Unit should be able to be used /heard nicely using external speaker.
Updatable
Coils of different sizes ready at actual detector release. (Equinox weakness)
Electronic manual is fine.
Make updatable compatible with both Windows and Mac OS.
Keep using the cable connectors used on Impact, .kruzer etc.
Detector weight total weight goal of between 3.25lbs and 3.5 lbs with stock sized coil attached.
Adopt Gen (d) mode off of Impact detector.
Pinpoint option of normal and ratchet offered.
Iron tone volume
Allow zero tone (no volume) settings for each VDI segment desired
Rejected nonferrous volume
Depth meter both metric and inches-scaled for accuracy using US Nickel coin.
Backlight - adjustable along with back lit buttons/controls
Vibrate mode-adjustable
Battery life charge meter- accessible for viewing if one wants to view. Would be more of an advanced viewed thingy.
Saved setting with electronic update done-unless new parameter is created with update then maybe not feasible or practical.
Saved settings option for user.
Unit needs selectable freqs tone for each VDI number, not bins, system however should allow a person to make a bin if they choose.
Back up power source (place) much like Kruzer. This would not count towards the weight goal for detector I mention above.
AUTO NOISE cancel feature with user having ability to manual select channels as well.
Twist camlocks a No, No for water and dirty environments.
Don’t know how this figures in here with mulit freq, but at the very least normalized and unnormalized VDI settings allowed at least using single freqs ops. I don’t know how this feature could be used exactly using multi freqs ops.
Adjustable arm cuff with strap.
Discrimination should be allowed per segment or number.
Color of detector black, nothing that screams out color wise.
Transferable warranty
This may exist, but if it doesn’t, a way to register equipment, and a way for a person having serial number to confirm warranty period remaining. No sales receipt required for warranty repairs if registered if unit malfunctions indeed inside warranty period.
Waterproof wireless headphones- realizing nonfunctional when detector or headphones are submerged, does give waders security when using wireless headphone though.(Equinox weakness) rating should be at least down to 5-6 ft if done.
Consider setting up Nokta-Makro USA site maybe tied to one or more of your distributors here in USA. With this done consider setting up a process where some select persons can infact put stories about your detectors on your site, to include finds. Something along lines on what Minelab site does. Btw I think Xp America site helped Xp in USA with sales.
Detailed policy on battery(s) service should be provided at release of detector. Both in warranty and out of warranty.
Allow nonproprietary wireless like blue tooth be used with detector- so detector needs to be blue tooth capable.
If possible NO smart coils like you know who.
Consider hot key process where certain important setting should and or readings are able to be accessed quickly with push of a button. You would have to get input here from testers on which to have as part of process.
Unit needs no GPS system.
At least 1 extra coil bolt.
If battery charger is provided should be a able to charge both detector and wireless headphones simultaneously.
Have associated computer program on your site allowing detector and pc interface to allow detector settings changed before going afield.

One last thing. Wireless headphones. Would be nice to see some ingenuity as to have the headphones with actual width adjustment. Hard to get a one size fits all without doing. Some folks heads narrower, and some broader. So my wishes are they have a width adjustment as well as a height adjustment for the ear cups.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2018 05:22PM by tnsharpshooter.
September 21, 2018 07:02PM
regarding server errors, it does not like apostrophes. I tested for • (option-8) " (double quote) ; semi-colon and ' (apostrophe). When I omitted the apostrophes, it worked!

Wayne
September 21, 2018 07:10PM
ncwayne Wrote:
> regarding server errors, it does not like apostrop
> hes. I tested for • (option-8) " (double quote) ;
> semi-colon and ' (apostrophe). When I omitted the
> apostrophes, it worked!
>
> Wayne

You are right, it works without the apostrops.
September 21, 2018 08:06PM
I really like the Correlate feature on the Whites V3 and would like to see that expanded upon with some audio features, and a visual representation. Please see their manual and Carl's advance book for additional details around Correlation.

Basically you are using three frequencies, low, medium and high, and compare the two strongest responses. If their phase response matches, report. If not, don't report. Then you add the ability to generate a phase response range, Like; report if the phase responses are within 10 numbers of each other. Only make the range selectable so that the user gets to decide how wide or how narrow the match up has to be to report.

Take it a bit further and have correlation ranges, high correlation range, a medium correlation range and a low correlation range and add audio to those. High correlation is a high tone, medium correlation is a medium tone and low correlation is a low tone.

include the ability to select between hearing only high correlation, or all correlation.

Add a visual to show it. But basically high correlation is beep and dig as correlation requires "sameness" that trash typically does not generate.

HH
Mike

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2018 08:09PM by Mike Hillis.
September 22, 2018 12:24AM
I had the internal server error when filling out the online form using CHROME. No trouble when I submitted using Internet Explorer.

Rich -

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
September 22, 2018 04:27AM
I get the server error no matter which browser I use or characters I use/omit sad smiley
September 22, 2018 04:31AM
I do not know why you are getting server error guys ..it seems to work for some and not for others...but I will get this checked first thing Monday morning....I apologize for the inconvenience....
September 22, 2018 08:21AM
MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:
> I get the server error no matter which browser I u
> se or characters I use/omit sad smiley

+1
September 22, 2018 10:41AM
Yes, it didn't take my first response - Internal Server Error?

But I took Wayne's advice and didn't use any capitals, commas, stops, apostrophes etc and it worked.

Now, I have to re-write what I said in the 1st response!!!

I wanna win this Competition!!!!!!!!!!!!!
September 23, 2018 12:41AM
no issues here
September 23, 2018 01:46AM
I had better ID's took out the apostrophe like posted made it IDs and it worked.
Very weird.
September 24, 2018 06:03PM
Any word on this issue yet Dilek?

I've tried everything but still get the error message sad smiley
September 24, 2018 11:35PM
Found a way around this.

Used my phone to submit my suggestions and was able to use any/all characters I wanted to thumbs down
September 25, 2018 02:43AM
> Found a way around this.
>
> Used my phone to submit my suggestions and was abl
> e to use any/all characters I wanted to thumbs down

Good bob and weave there MRH.
September 25, 2018 09:49AM
> Any word on this issue yet Dilek?
>
> I've tried everything but still get the error mess
> age sad smiley

We fixed the error for apostrophes and such characters... anybody still getting an error?
October 09, 2018 08:15PM
I'm getting a 404 ( page not found ) error. Is this because the competition is finished?

Update: No, it's just moved page to:
[www.noktadetectors.com]

If so, I'll make my suggestion here:
Please make the machine stereo, even if you don't actually implement any stereo-specific feature in the initial software release. This request applies to wired and cordless headphones.

A basic 'mixed mode' of 'all-metal' in one ear and 'disc mode' in the other is the obvious starting point for a stereo mode.
But if the machine is software-updatable, then other possibilities exist in future revisions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2018 11:09PM by Pimento.