Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Detectors from First Texas

Posted by pine3874 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New Detectors from First Texas
March 27, 2018 01:24AM
Can anyone with knowledge about these new detectors comment. Read the last two paragraphs of the article.
[hobby-detecting.com]
Re: New Detectors from First Texas
March 27, 2018 01:36AM
pine3874 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can anyone with knowledge about these new detector
> s comment. Read the last two paragraphs of the art
> icle.
> [hobby-detecting.com]-
> from-iwa-2018-novelties-photos/

Thanks for the heads up I’ll keep an eye out for them.

XP Deus
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Carrot
22 silvers, 2 silver rings, 1 Gold Ring -YTD 2018

Some of my random digs: [www.youtube.com]
March 27, 2018 01:41AM
Looks like these so called specialty detectors won't be cheap.
March 27, 2018 02:44AM
That's very interesting lol. I just got a GPX & Fisher is going to make it obsolete. Man if they can put that kind of depth & target ID in a light weight unit it would change everything.
March 27, 2018 03:29AM
I know someone but they are under a nondisclosure agreement and cant say a word except something is coming.. I would really like to know....Gannon Wrote:
> pine3874 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Can anyone with knowledge about these new detect
> or
> > s comment. Read the last two paragraphs of the a
> rt
> > icle.
> > [hobby-detecting.com]
> s-
> > from-iwa-2018-novelties-photos/
>
>
> Thanks for the heads up I’ll keep an eye out for t
> hem.
March 27, 2018 08:37AM
Well Carl has already mentioned he is working on a disc PI with Tattar (sorry for butchering his name). He said not to hold him to it, but expected in the spring of next year. Looking forward to that one if they can get the sensitivity they are reaching for ..... and disc. Should be an awesome water machine. I noticed they arent going to follow suit with ML thou and make any universal machines. I guess they felt their tech isnt going to be obsolete before it even gets started. That was a pretty WIDE price range.... it will be interesting to see what they would give us in the $2500 range that ISNT a universal machine.

Tom D. ..... be my squeaky wheel for that PI buddy.
March 27, 2018 12:00PM
The way prices have been going on new detectors the past few years, they better be something truly special, an unique, obsoleting all before to garner a price tag between the XP Dues and CTX, which I'd imagine is hinting at around $1800 MSRP.

Too little to late? Let's see if they pony up anything other then their regurgitated tech any time soon.
March 27, 2018 02:08PM
Maybe this will be the game changer !!
March 27, 2018 02:23PM
I read that they are currently planning on releasing 5 machines, but that number is subject to change before roll out.
March 27, 2018 02:39PM
dave_e Wrote:
> I read that they are currently planning on releasing 5 machines, but that number is subject to change before roll out.

They probably re-released five machines while you were typing that post - eye popping smiley
March 27, 2018 02:52PM
Text deleted - double post

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2018 07:38PM by lytle78.
March 27, 2018 02:53PM
This much is known by FT’s own announcements.

The beach PI is done electronically- the mechanical package is in progress - there will also be other PI detectors for land use

The multifreq. machines are under development - no target dates for their completion have been announced.

It seems to annoy some folks that FT knows how to not only design and build detectors, but to sell them. Part of that is reacting to changes in the marketplace and offering variations of their basic products to suit conditions in the market.

FT has always had an active “product improvement” program - tweaking existing platforms to yield new machines with specific focus - all of these are of course singlefreaker machines - but the vast majority of all detectors sold are singlefreakers and will remain so for many years to come - they will continue to be cheaper and more attractive to the mid and low end market.

They have to - the Chinese will sooner or later learn to make coils and their detectors will make inroads at the low end.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold