Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

single frequency verse multi...

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
single frequency verse multi...
September 29, 2018 01:57AM
Most of you already know this but I hope this video helps somebody.multi frequency
Re: single frequency verse multi...
September 29, 2018 02:06AM
Ole' Calabash!
Single freq vs Multi Freq
September 29, 2018 02:47AM
calabash digger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Most of you already know this but I hope this vide
> o helps somebody.[url=https://youtu.be/tzRntr8e4l0
> ]multi frequency[/url]

Ole' Calabash ! thumbs down Do you always call Harold before you post? I see he's frequently the first to comment.

Nice job with the video. Enjoyed listening to your thoughts.

Rich (Utah)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
September 29, 2018 03:25AM
He must be subscribed to my channel ???????
September 29, 2018 09:49AM
It interesting for newcomer . You are right, dont listen ton any test made from brand or shop they are biased toward one brand (usualy the one that give them more profit).
When people are not open about one brand or other its easy to figure out and most of the time that the only brand they had or the only machine ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2018 09:52AM by youdig.
September 29, 2018 12:21PM
I believe that the Subject line should say NEW multi frequency. The old multi frequency units of the past had their problems as well. Or should I say short comings. They were slow in recovery. They hated freshly disturbed dirt. They did not like the tiny targets. I personally hunted in ground with a CTX where the sensitivity suggestion was knocked down to 10. EMI was an issue. Not only in receiving, but in transmitting. Ever try hunting near another BBS unit? Yes the Equinox is nice. 1 million posts later we all agree. Technology integrated into the unit has certainly raised the bar. But it is far from perfect, and there is room for improvement. Arguing over which detector is best is an old game. Nobody has ever won that game.
September 29, 2018 12:45PM
Im not arguing over which is the best detector, im arguing don't waste your money on a SINGLE none changing frequency detector when you can spend the same kinda of money and get one that does.
September 29, 2018 02:23PM
Ole' Calabash, Believe it or not a CZ is a dual frequency not a single frequency unit. It runs at 5 and 15 khz.
Most don't know that as Fisher never advertised it as much as most companys at the time like Whites did with the DFX. Just a little History for You younguns'. Ha!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2018 02:57PM by Harold,ILL..
September 29, 2018 02:48PM
I have never found a digital detector that sounds good as analog.
The digitals seem raspy sounding.
September 29, 2018 04:25PM
Thanks for that info Harold.....They should have went further with it in their later units. IMO
September 29, 2018 06:02PM
I liked your video very much! It would seem that the Deus with it's higher range of frequencies(via coil/s) is the way to go. Most multi frequency units(in conjunction) use 2 or more frequencies at the same time to identify targets and mineralized ground deeper than singe frequency units. This comes at a cost as these have to be swept slower and the recovery rate isn't the best.
I firmly believe that the Minelab BBS/FBS units operate by sampling ground minerals and local emi to determine which frequency/frequencies to use. The FBS by 'noise cancel' and the BBS(excluding Sovereign Elite/GT) by using automatically controlled circuitry to choose which frequencies to use in any given area. I once hunted with a guy who used a Teknetics Mark 1 and I was using a Sovereign XS-2. The Mark 1 and the Sovereign were 'cross talking'. I would guess that the Sovereign was using a range of 6-7 khz at the time as one of the frequencies.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2018 06:52PM by straker.
September 29, 2018 07:09PM
I do know hunting in evening near lighted sign with an explorer..once light went on it went crazy...changed freq.. ran smooth as kitten purring...as far a CZ Ole Harold.....
September 29, 2018 07:31PM
I may be wrong but always heard that Whites bought the Multi freq. tech they used on the DFX from Minelab?
September 29, 2018 07:40PM
Very good video lots on info that makes sense. I have the X35 coil and pin pointer coming from deus and will use the 27 freq for some tough iron areas. I also really like the impacts all metal..the gen mode. Most don't use it but it is the best all metal I have used in 18 years with the three coils I use. Don't think their new machine is a big deal but if you water hunt then yeah you get more than the impact. I do like the Nox 800 with all of the freq and how you can run them all at the same time so you could hit deep silver depending how fast they recycle.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 29, 2018 08:58PM
You make some good points with your fish scale shirt. I need one haha. Think the nox is this years M.V.P and I hope to get one soon..
September 29, 2018 09:36PM
Good job, as usual Calabash !
September 29, 2018 09:42PM
calabash digger Wrote:
> Thanks for that info Harold.....They should have w
> ent further with it in their later units. IMO

You know now that You mention it I heard for years About a Multi frequency F75 type model but it never came to be? Even Mike Scott was using a Prototype in the Detecting show He did. Wonder what happened?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2018 09:43PM by Harold,ILL..
September 30, 2018 08:23AM
calabash digger Wrote:
> Im not arguing over which is the best detector, im
> arguing don't waste your money on a SINGLE none ch
> anging frequency detector when you can spend the s
> ame kinda of money and get one that does.

It still comes down to what you are hunting for and where.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2018 06:46PM by goodmore.
September 30, 2018 05:28PM
More freq I feel are the way to go. The 800 takes that to another level could be great for some hunters

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

October 01, 2018 05:20AM
As electronics get faster and smaller, it becomes possible to do more with SMF. I doubt the Equinox would have been practical ten years ago, and certainly not at its weight and price point.
October 02, 2018 04:41PM
We get you like it, But your still not going to Talk anyone else in to liking it, Like every detector ever made they all excel and some things and fail at others, Months and months of same old same old has not changed a thing, All multi frequency machines have their strong point and their weak points, As long as you are happy with it that is all that matters.

Single frequency still has it's merits or strong and weak points just like multi frequency machines, It's more about choosing the right machine for the job.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2018 05:15PM by auminesweeper.
October 03, 2018 01:30AM
I wasn't just talking about one machine in the video...….I was talking about the trend of selectable frequency detectors in general .
October 03, 2018 01:38AM
calabash digger Wrote:
> I wasn't just talking about one machine in the vid
> eo...….I was talking about the trend of selectable
> frequency detectors in general

well they should all be good but like everything they can only do so much..
October 03, 2018 02:54AM
I think multi is the way to go, more options and with different ground you need all the help you can get. More bang for the buck..I'm with calabash

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

October 03, 2018 06:31AM
i agree! "audio modulation " is virtually non existant as well!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
October 03, 2018 03:05PM
jmaryt Wrote:
> i agree! "audio modulation " is virtually non exis
> tant as well!
>
> (h.h.!)
> j.t.

Variable Audio modulation is still important because it tells you how deep and the size of the Item that has been detected.
October 03, 2018 05:40PM
auminesweeper Wrote:
> jmaryt Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > i agree! "audio modulation " is virtually non ex
> is
> > tant as well!
> >
> > (h.h.!)
> > j.t.
>
> Variable Audio modulation is still important becau
> se it tells you how deep and the size of the Item
> that has been detected.

For sure.
Only way I found around that to help determine depth is by how many times I can press the pinpointing detune button to narrow the target response before the target detunes to silence.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
October 03, 2018 07:08PM
Sven1 Wrote:
> auminesweeper Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > jmaryt Wrote:
> > ------------------------------------------------
> --
> > -----
> > > i agree! "audio modulation " is virtually non
> ex
> > is
> > > tant as well!
> > >
> > > (h.h.!)
> > > j.t.
> >
> > Variable Audio modulation is still important bec
> au
> > se it tells you how deep and the size of the Ite
> m
> > that has been detected.
>
> For sure.
> Only way I found around that to help determine dep
> th is by how many times I can press the pinpointin
> g detune button to narrow the target response befo
> re the target detunes to silence.

It is an important feature, I find that too many modern machine just make a bleep sound regardless of the depth of the target giving no genuine feedback like older machines, Using modulation I managed to survey many sites and hot spots.
October 03, 2018 09:20PM
Hey Cal id love to see what the new x35 11x13 coil will do at 28 kHz. I bet that thing is one bad ass at 28kHz.
October 04, 2018 05:09AM
this is true! audio modulation is a "tool" unto itself!

(h.h.!)
j.t.