Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Dent's run, don't you dare!

Posted by Beyonder-Pa 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Dent's run, don't you dare!
October 12, 2018 07:10PM
silverfiend Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> beyonder, you will have to look up FK's own words
> and action on TNET as I have stopped frequenting t
> hat place.
>
> You are treating the "news article" (and I use tha
> t term loosely) as if it was gospel, written by Ge
> raldo from his own Capone vault level of research
> eye popping smiley
>
> The truth is that FK created that AP news release,
> it says exactly what he wanted it to say.

So you think I believe the news article? I specifically stated I am not on either side of this debate but presenting it. It shouldn't be up to me to show people how to properly support or debunk a statement. However, I may just do that since all the debunkers wish to do is speculate.
October 12, 2018 07:32PM
Beyonder-Pa Wrote:
> .... I specifi
> cally stated I am not on either side of this debat
> e

Beyonder, don't get me wrong. I am glad you brought this topic up. Because it is blabbled all over the news and forums. And a lot of people are taking the mere claims as "Oh wow, a treasure has been found", and "Oh wow, the big bad govt. is up to no-good".

And I, for one, am fascinated (a "bee in my bonnet") of how the human psyche works in this regard. So I am glad you brought it up. And ... if you are merely playing the "devil's advocate", that's fine. Because your talking points do indeed align themselves with the "faithful's" talking points.

But just sayin'.... although you're saying you're neutral, it certainly seems that you're leaning towards "treasure", in all that you say. But maybe you're just being the devil's advocate, for point of conversation topic. drinking smiley
October 13, 2018 12:45AM
NOBODY here knows the whole truth.......the birth of a conspiracy. It could have been a ploy to gain recognition, have witness's to make every action accountable, make one side look like fools, or even some political mumbo jumbo. The news media doesnt care if a story is true as long as they cannot be proven false.....being first (to break the news), match political agendas, and high ratings are King. What treasure hunter would call the feds??? My take, the story is mostly fiction.....but which parts...LOL. This is a Treasure forum so it's likely one here would lean Treasure.....whats wrong with that???

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2018 12:55AM by Arkansas.
October 13, 2018 01:58AM
Arkansas Wrote:

> . What treasure hunter would call the feds???

To untangle the red tape, of govt. bureaucracy, who doesn't allow you to take heavy equipment and go digging up city or state parks. After all, mere hand shovels in the night won't cut it. It is, of necessity (like any good treasure legend) going to be insanely deep.

Kind of reminds me of the occasional forum visitors from the Philippines. They want a detector that goes "6 to 9 meters deep". There is this notion that : "The bigger the treasure, then the deeper, of necessity, it has to be". Right ? Never mind the fact that if you cover the surface, and fluff it up, then it's no more "hidden" at whether it's 1 ft. deep, or 50 ft. deep. But .... as these legends to, (Oak Island, etc...) it's always insanely deep.

Hence, poor old FK had to get all sorts of govt. clearances.
October 13, 2018 03:32AM
Treasure red tape....reminds me of the sunken ships that divers search....permits, ect... The Dents Run treasure story is somewhat interesting. I don't want to over analyze it....it's not the Dr Phil forum...LOL. Feds vs treasure....believe what you want. People love mystery, vague news stories provides that mystery.
October 13, 2018 06:48AM
The FBI should have let FK and his son watch the dig, rather than confining them to their car; and now they should be handing copies of the complete file out to anyone who expresses interest. It might not convince FK, but it would stop a lot of other people from believing in this conspiracy. I am pretty sure no gold came out of that hole. But, our alphabet agencies--with their penchant for secrecy, sealing files, and heavily redacting the documents they are finally forced to produce--practically guaranty the creation and proliferation of conspiracy theories. After all, a lot of people will ask, "If the government has nothing to hide, why is it fighting so hard to hide something?"
October 13, 2018 02:58PM
Arkansas Wrote:
> Treasure red tape....reminds me of the sunken ship
> s that divers search....permits, ect...

Well, I would not compare this story to the "legal hassles of Mel Fisher". The operative difference is: There WAS a treasure for Mel Fisher. There is NOT a treasure here.
October 13, 2018 03:11PM
Dubious Wrote:
> The FBI should have let FK and his son watch the d
> ig, rather than confining them to their car; and n
> ow they should be handing copies of the complete f
> ile out to anyone who expresses interest. It might
> not
convince FK ......

"Might not" ? Try "WILL not". Even if FK had seen nothing come up, then other fail-safe explanations would arise from him. Eg.: "It's a little more to the left". "It's a little more to the right". "It's a little deeper". "You stopped digging too soon". "Someone came during the night before the dig, and dug it up", etc.... It will NEVER end, for him.

>.... After all, a lot of people will ask,
> "If the government has nothing to hide, why is it
> fighting so hard to hide something?"

Yes. You're right. People always ask that about every entity of power or authority, for all things. If I walk down to my police station tomorrow, and attempt to start riffling through their file cabinets, look in desk drawers, check out the interior of their cop cars, etc... What do you think will happen ? Do you think they will roll out red carpets for me ? And if not, that certainly means they're "hiding something" and "up to no good", right ?

Example: Do you know why area 51 doesn't let casual lookie-lous roam around ? It's NOT that all military bases don't allow civilians w/o proper credentials. Nnneeeooo. "Military" such reasons have nothing to do with it. The REAL reason is: They're housing alien space-crafts. And they don't want the general public to know. Lest "Why fight so hard to hide something? " Eh ?

How do we know that ? Simple: "hiding" . Ie.: Fences & check-point charlies. Fences and check-point charlies are ALWAYS the "smoking gun" for alien spacecraft, right ? Otherwise "Why fight so hard to hide something" ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2018 03:12PM by Tom_in_CA.
October 13, 2018 04:31PM
I repeat.....NOBODY here knows the whole story. Treasure or no treasure.....there is as much proof one way as the other. I'd question the honesty of both parties. The secretive way things were handled was the recipe for conspiracy. Mel Fisher found treasure, FK doesnt have proof of finding treasure. One could try and convince others to believe in their theories......total waste of time. The conspiracy will continue, period.
October 13, 2018 04:52PM
Dissected points:

"I repeat.....NOBODY here knows the whole story. Treasure or no treasure...."

Would you apply this same reasoning, to Area 51 ? Or Loch Ness Monster ? Ie.: "Nobody knows the whole story. Aliens or no aliens ? Monsters or no monsters? " Or would you say that the odds-on-favorite (ie.: more plausible explanation ) is that there is NO aliens and no Loch Ness monsters ?

".there is as much proof one way as the other. "

Really ? You consider FK's "evidence" to be meritorious thought-worthy proofs of a treasure ? Remember, he's not saying "possible" treasure. He's saying/phrasing in the 100% affirmative past-tense "found" way of claims. And you think there's "proof" of that ?

".... The secretive way things were handled was the recipe for conspiracy. ..."

How about this instead: The way FK SPUN IT, was the "recipe for conspiracy. Just like a good Hollywood documentary on Big foot, aliens, monsters, UFOs, etc..., sure, by the time it's done, it's a "recipe for believing" in whatever it is, they're spinning. It's not the way things are "handled", it's the way things are "spun" , exaggerated, the inferences, the subconscious "leading" going on, etc...

".... FK doesnt have proof of finding treasure...."

Ah but haven't you been following his T'net thread ? It's not that he "doesn't have proof". The proof will be revealed at any moment. Eg.: next week, next month, soon, etc.... 6 or 7 deadlines for this earth-shattering news events, have come & gone. And each time, it's supposedly his lawyers telling him to remain hush. Or the FBI telling him that he's gagged from speaking, etc.... Mind you, he's been on record going back many many years. On this, and other treasures (Knights templars, etc...). And each time, it's "be patient, the proof is imminent to be released", blah blah. Then the deadlines come & go with predictability and excuses.

Any wonder this breeds skepticism ??
October 13, 2018 10:06PM
The interesting thing about conspiracies (bigfoot / aliens, ect....) is that they never go away, no matter the odds. No hard feelings. Good day to you. We are having a lazy rainy day here...LOL
October 14, 2018 09:57PM
One thing about the story seems to be proven--the FBI turned up in force, not just a few agents, and conducted some kind of two-day operation, apparently a dig.

[www.readingeagle.com]

Did they take FK's story seriously? Were they looking for something that had nothing to do with Civil War gold? I'm curious and tempted to file a FOIA request...