Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ON THE HORIZON = MDT-8000

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: ON THE HORIZON = MDT-8000
March 13, 2019 10:35PM
Second time out I hit a very deep Buffalo nickel that I think I would not have hit with the 15" coil on the Nox.
cdv
March 14, 2019 10:53AM
Yesterday's hunt, 4.5 hours in the water. All targets from in the water and quite a few took longer than I wanted to spend on a target due to depth AND the hole caving in as I tried to straddle the hole and dig. This machine likes "round" targets, as you can see. I was digging some targets that had been there for a while (pile of crusty pennies and crusty coins/rings), I was investigating any weak sounding target in All Metal that would throw a positive number WHEN I could see the screen (murky water). Settings: 9 KHz, 8 Sense, -1 Threshold, Salt Balance 30, Black Sand Off.

Cliff

March 14, 2019 11:49AM
After hunting with you at Clearwater....... that was a dream hunt there. Still not down to the gold thou based on those finds. Man you have a lot of sand up there........ how'd you like to have had this machine........ say 7 years ago? You seen my finds yesterday....... 1.4 gram 10K rose gold and a silver toe ring. I was digging quarters others missed. One guys said you sure were digging some deep targets..... what were they. Quarters. I found another for him .... barely heard it and said, i likely would have pasted that right up. 4 other hunters out there gridding yesterday...... one guy said hed been there the past 3 days. This is a small beach ......and with a new club now ..... its getting pounded hard. So ive been concentrating on moving slower. Ive dug a few more of those iron targets...... but thus far all have been iron.
March 15, 2019 02:33AM
I have a question about Salt Balancing. How do I fine tune the SB? I tried today over wet sand (I haven't gone in the water with the unit yet) by digging a hole (probably not deep enough but I was in 6" of water. I did not hear any difference between any of the numbers and I went down to 20 and up to 35 skipping some numbers. Do I need to increase the threshold or sensitivity? My initial settings are the ones listed in the manual and I started at 18k but I ran most of the time at 12 or 9k on wet black sand. I do know each frequency need to be GB and SB.
March 15, 2019 08:01AM
I think once you GB for a particular beach, you are set for all frequencies, but it's probably a good idea to adjust SB whenever you change frequencies.

So you dug a hole in the wet sand near the waters edge and let it fill with water. Then press the SB button to highlight Salt Balance and raise and lower the coil over the water filled hole up and down from about 8 to 10 inches high down to one inch over the water. If you hear nothing at a setting of 27, raise or lower the number until you hear some feedback from the water/sand. If there is salt there, it should respond within a few numbers. Dial back the setting until you find the quietest setting.

If doing the procedure over the hole doesn't work, try doing it just on the the wet sand. You should get some response as you adjust the setting away from 27.

If you are not getting any response, try turning Threshold off and black sand off and raising the sensitivity. If the beach has a lot of freshwater flowing out through the sand, the salinity might be very low which might cause a wider window of silence. If that is the case, just try to find the number near the center of the silence.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2019 08:15AM by Badger in NH.
March 15, 2019 09:47AM
Tom listed his settings for each freq here in Fl...... they can be different... and can change depending on how deep you might be in the water or even water temps. I do mine in the water..... just like GBing ... coil flat... slowly up and down..... you hear the up-ramp sound as the coil gets close to the water.... when i hear an up-ramp kind of both ways... up and down, i set it at one digit less. Hummm i always hear an up-ramp Badger..... mine never goes silent, but there is a distinct change at one point. I salt balance ...... based on how i intend to hunt..... you shouldnt have to over compensate the sensitivity of the machine.
March 15, 2019 02:19PM
Dew, yes I sometimes get a silent space covering a few digits on some beaches. I've often thought it might be due to the salt being diluted by fresh water. Most of the time it's just one number and I often will get complete silence when balanced or just a slight sound.
March 16, 2019 10:34PM
Seems a couple more have contacted Tony Eisenhower for some phones. I think you will like them and if he does the connector like mine the cable can run along the top of the shaft and tapped or Velcrod down used as a strain relief.
March 17, 2019 03:09AM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Seems a couple more have contacted Tony Eisenhower
> for some phones. I think you will like them and
> if he does the connector like mine the cable can r
> un along the top of the shaft and tapped or Velcro
> d down used as a strain relief.

Dew, what is his contact info? Thanks
March 17, 2019 07:27AM
Recently picked up the Tarsacci MTD-8000, the designer lives 110 miles north of my area. Dimitar the designer is a terrific person. Spent about two hours with him the last hour giving me hands on training. That same day, went to a pounded relic site. Soil is tough, Equniox, Deus, MX-Sport and several other top end struggle with depth. Masking from soil reduces depth, and reduces sensitivity to smaller targets.

First half hour with the Tarsacci was miserable, struggling with settings trying to operate with smooth stability just couldn’t get the unit under control. Then, the light bulb turned on upstairs and remembering what Dimitar had said with the St/Salt mode, sensitivity, Threshold and all the other features after experimenting with them. Finally, Had the proper settings for this area. From there, the Tarsacci was magical and so smooth, depth was amazing and sensitivity to smaller targets was remarkable. My Equniox wasn’t picking up the smaller targets, Deep larger targets were faint or scratchy, or not there at all. The Tarsacci was hitting these signals with ease, was an eye opener. Mostly musket/pistol balls and tiny pieces of lead.

Already the MDT exceeds my expectations, Didn't anticipate it being so sensitive to small targets, or expect the MTD to have such a fast recovery speed. Air test were showing most of my top end deeper, or more sensitivite to smaller targets. But out in mineralized ground, it was the opposite the Tarsacci was nailing these targets with ease while other top end struggled.

A few detectorist here know all I use now at these pounded relic sites is a GPX 5000, has great depth and decent discrimination. But it’s heavy, that gets old quick hunts are cut short. The Tarsacci feels like Pi performance with discrimination, yes I know it’s not a Pi but performance wise in tough soil sure acts like one. Plus, its super light.

Dimitar and Tom did a good job on this neat Looking detector, those of you with tough soil I think you’ll like the Tarsacci. I sat on the sidelines watching David’s and someone else’s videos for months. Wasn’t until last week made the decision to get one, Glad I did.

Paul (CA)
March 17, 2019 11:19AM
You can contact him at tony@idigbeaches.com

His has PIEZOES.....and they are WATERPROOF. Piezoes are a good choice for AM hunting in or near the water...... but for dirt and disc hunt where you may not want as much modulation and more volume on every target ..... then speakers are a better way to go.... like the pro golds. Thats my 2 cents.

Good post paul..... hope to see some of those dirt finds......especially the small targets.
March 17, 2019 01:45PM
Nice to see you back Paul

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
March 17, 2019 03:07PM
Thank you dewcon,

Hopefully get out this afternoon, good local friend and I are going to detect a local relic site. He’s using the ATX, normally I’d be swinging a GPX but here going forward it’s the Tarsacci.

Soil masking hides the smallest of finds even at shallow depths, takes a Pi to get these. The MDT is seeing these tiny finds in poor dirt, that’s were I’ll be using the MDT in areas top end VLF struggle.

Hopefully get a waterproof headset put together this weekend, Tony is great putting together waterproof headsets for us for those needing a set. luckily, Dimitar fixed me up with a connector and cord setup I only need to add the headset.

I’ll post future MDT finds, and results. Thanks!
Paul (Ca)
March 17, 2019 03:15PM
Hello Rick,

Been off all metal detecting forums close to a year, not even for a peek.

What brought me back was the Tarsacci MDT-8000, in poor soil that’s were it excels. Looses less depth over other top end, performance wise it’s between a GPX and a top end vlf.
Always a treat Rick, thanks!

Paul
March 17, 2019 04:37PM
Apolonio (CA) Wrote:
> Hello Rick,
>
> Been off all metal detecting forums close to a year, not even for a peek.
>
> What brought me back was the Tarsacci MDT-8000, in poor soil that’s were it excels. Looses less depth over other top end, performance wise it’s between a GPX and a top end vlf.
> Always a treat Rick, thanks!
>
> Paul

Paul great to see you back!

Just curious, are you using the Tarsacci MDT-8000 for gold country mineralized ground? I picked up the Equinox, for various uses, including relic sites with tough alkali soil that can give single frequency VLFs fits. I believe the EQ800 will do fine with the alkali soil as Tom does fine at these sites with his trusty Exp2, and I'll get a chance later this month to test it out. Gold country mineralized ground is a whole different story though.

Brian
March 17, 2019 05:07PM
Apolonio (CA) Wrote:
> Recently picked up the Tarsacci MTD-8000, the desi
> gner lives 110 miles north of my area. Dimitar th
> e designer is a terrific person. Spent about two
> hours with him the last hour giving me hands on tr
> aining. That same day, went to a pounded relic s
> ite. Soil is tough, Equniox, Deus, MX-Sport and se
> veral other top end struggle with depth. Masking f
> rom soil reduces depth, and reduces sensitivity to
> smaller targets.
>
> First half hour with the Tarsacci was miserab
> le, struggling with settings trying to operate wit
> h smooth stability just couldn’t get the unit unde
> r control. Then, the light bulb turned on upstai
> rs and remembering what Dimitar had said with the
> St/Salt mode, sensitivity, Threshold and all the o
> ther features after experimenting with them. Final
> ly, Had the proper settings for this area. From th
> ere, the Tarsacci was magical and so smooth, depth
> was amazing and sensitivity to smaller targets was
> remarkable. My Equniox wasn’t picking up the small
> er targets, Deep larger targets were faint or scra
> tchy, or not there at all. The Tarsacci was hittin
> g these signals with ease, was an eye opener. Most
> ly musket/pistol balls and tiny pieces of lead.
>
> Already the MDT exceeds my expectations, Didn
> 't anticipate it being so sensitive to small targe
> ts, or expect the MTD to have such a fast recovery
> speed. Air test were showing most of my top end d
> eeper, or more sensitivite to smaller targets. Bu
> t out in mineralized ground, it was the opposite t
> he Tarsacci was nailing these targets with ease wh
> ile other top end struggled.
>
> A few detectorist here know all I use now at
> these pounded relic sites is a GPX 5000, has great
> depth and decent discrimination. But it’s heavy, t
> hat gets old quick hunts are cut short. The Tarsac
> ci feels like Pi performance with discrimination,
> yes I know it’s not a Pi but performance wise in t
> ough soil sure acts like one. Plus, its super ligh
> t.
>
> Dimitar and Tom did a good job on this neat Lookin
> g detector, those of you with tough soil I think y
> ou’ll like the Tarsacci. I sat on the sidelines wa
> tching David’s and someone else’s videos for month
> s. Wasn’t until last week made the decision to ge
> t one, Glad I did.
>
> Paul (CA)

Can you elaborate on the how you quieted the detector? I took the advice from my pervious question and it was running smooth at one location. The next day I switch to a different location and it was kind of chatty. I have a few things to try today to see how it performs.
March 18, 2019 12:00AM
Apolonio (CA) Wrote:
> Recently picked up the Tarsacci MTD-8000, the desi
> gner lives 110 miles north of my area. Dimitar th
> e designer is a terrific person. Spent about two
> hours with him the last hour giving me hands on tr
> aining. That same day, went to a pounded relic s
> ite. Soil is tough, Equniox, Deus, MX-Sport and se
> veral other top end struggle with depth. Masking f
> rom soil reduces depth, and reduces sensitivity to
> smaller targets.
>
> First half hour with the Tarsacci was miserab
> le, struggling with settings trying to operate wit
> h smooth stability just couldn’t get the unit unde
> r control. Then, the light bulb turned on upstai
> rs and remembering what Dimitar had said with the
> St/Salt mode, sensitivity, Threshold and all the o
> ther features after experimenting with them. Final
> ly, Had the proper settings for this area. From th
> ere, the Tarsacci was magical and so smooth, depth
> was amazing and sensitivity to smaller targets was
> remarkable. My Equniox wasn’t picking up the small
> er targets, Deep larger targets were faint or scra
> tchy, or not there at all. The Tarsacci was hittin
> g these signals with ease, was an eye opener. Most
> ly musket/pistol balls and tiny pieces of lead.
>
> Already the MDT exceeds my expectations, Didn
> 't anticipate it being so sensitive to small targe
> ts, or expect the MTD to have such a fast recovery
> speed. Air test were showing most of my top end d
> eeper, or more sensitivite to smaller targets. Bu
> t out in mineralized ground, it was the opposite t
> he Tarsacci was nailing these targets with ease wh
> ile other top end struggled.
>
> A few detectorist here know all I use now at
> these pounded relic sites is a GPX 5000, has great
> depth and decent discrimination. But it’s heavy, t
> hat gets old quick hunts are cut short. The Tarsac
> ci feels like Pi performance with discrimination,
> yes I know it’s not a Pi but performance wise in t
> ough soil sure acts like one. Plus, its super ligh
> t.
>
> Dimitar and Tom did a good job on this neat Lookin
> g detector, those of you with tough soil I think y
> ou’ll like the Tarsacci. I sat on the sidelines wa
> tching David’s and someone else’s videos for month
> s. Wasn’t until last week made the decision to ge
> t one, Glad I did.
>
> Paul (CA)

Glad to see you back here posting Paul.

David.
March 18, 2019 05:08AM
Hello Brian,

Haven’t made it up to gold country in three years, family emergency has kept me close by. Things are looking better this year, plan to venture up there later in the spring.

I’ve used the Equniox in alkali soil, it’ll give you some issues but try gold field programs that’s were I’m seeing better stability under these type of soil conditions out in open areas away from the iron.

For your type of hunting conditions, the Equniox is great especially for hike in sites the Equniox will serve you well. Still have my Equniox, auctually used it today for a short period comparing it with the Tarsacci. Alkali soil reminds me of soil with a lot chemicals and fertilizer, that too can create ground noise especially from years of plowing even some Pi’s like the TDI or ATX have issues under these conditions.

Good luck and be seeing you sometime later in the year, good to hear from you.

Paul
March 18, 2019 05:29AM
Hello CCadrin,

I’ve had to change the St/Salt feature once in a while, bob the coil and adjust the St/Salt settings, some areas was around 18 then otter areas 29 or 30. And of course using the threshold feature to help with stability. Finding the right setup as ground conditions can be a challenge at first, experimenting with settings with St/Salt on or off has helped.

Today’s soil was around 717 on GB in some areas, other areas nearby 660 and then back above 700 after a few minutes of swinging. Depending on the soils mineralization, and chemicals used for farming I’m finding the Tarsacci MDT 8000 to handle these types of tough soil better than my top end detectors. No question, hands down MDT is deeper when soil conditions are tough.

Can you share how high your ground GB is? Good luck please us informed we can all learn from one another.

Paul

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2019 05:30AM by Apolonio (CA).
March 18, 2019 05:46AM
Hello David,

Finally made the decision last weekend to get the MDT, seen all your videos and a couple of others on the internet. Tarsacci has its strengths, and weaknesses. Out in open ground with mineralization, or chemicals used for farming it’s very deep. Comparisons from my own bunch of detectors, hands down the MDT-8000 is untouchable. An easy 1 or 2 inches deeper, doesn’t sound like much but from pounded sites it makes a difference.

Got out today with a local friend, after four hours at a local relic site was running on fumes. Overall a good productive day with several pistol balls, part of a 2-piece button, percussion cap and powder flask top. Slim pickings, Plenty of exercise for sure.

Ran some depth comparison test, with four other Top end detectors. Tarsacci MDT-8000 was the deepest, and quietest once proper settings were in place.

Thanks for sharing those videos David
Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2019 05:47AM by Apolonio (CA).
cdv
March 18, 2019 01:52PM
Little over 4 hours of salt wet sand hunting. Settings 9KHz, Salt 30, Sense 8, Threshold -1, mostly hunted in All Metal.

Found the MDT at these settings is easy to hunt with, switching to Disc or Mixed at these settings will give more audible falses AND seems more prone to EMI.

Not shown were some bottlecaps and 4 pair of sunglasses.
Tiny plated ring is less than a size 1 on my mandrel and barely fits on the tip of the mandrel.

Large silver ring appears to have a band of gold in the middle although no markings on the ring indicating gold...Edit.....yes, 10k band on center of larger silver ring.

Tom.....Dimitar..... really loving this machine on the wet sand!!!!

Cliff

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2019 01:59PM by cdv.
March 18, 2019 01:59PM
Very nice Cliff.
Thanks for sharing.
March 18, 2019 04:12PM
Apolonio (CA) Wrote:
> Hello CCadrin,
>
>
> I’ve had to change the St/Salt feature once in a w
> hile, bob the coil and adjust the St/Salt settings
> , some areas was around 18 then otter areas 29 or
> 30. And of course using the threshold feature to
> help with stability. Finding the right setup as gr
> ound conditions can be a challenge at first, exper
> imenting with settings with St/Salt on or off has
> helped.
>
> Today’s soil was around 717 on GB in some areas, o
> ther areas nearby 660 and then back above 700 afte
> r a few minutes of swinging. Depending on the soil
> s mineralization, and chemicals used for farming I
> ’m finding the Tarsacci MDT 8000 to handle these t
> ypes of tough soil better than my top end detector
> s. No question, hands down MDT is deeper when soil
> conditions are tough.
>
> Can you share how high your ground GB is? Good lu
> ck please us informed we can all learn from one an
> other.
>
> Paul

Thanks Paul for responding. I am hunting wet salt sand of Long Island sound. I ground balance in the dry sand at around 394 to 414 for the varies locations with black sand on salt mode active. I eventually left it around 400.

I then took it into the water to salt balance each frequency ranging from 21 to 30. Since I had trouble the other day I set the threshold to 0 and sensitivity to 9 (making it the most audible looking for the quietest Salt balance number). It never really got total quiet on the coil bob. Thinking about it now I think I made it to sensitive. The salinity of the sound is normally between 21 to 32 depending upon where the freshwater enters and how close you are to the west.

I then set the threshold to -2 and sensitivity to 5. In the salt water it was running very quiet at 9k even with waves going over the coil. The rippled mud flats gave me some falsing but the flat wet sand it was more quiet. It was windy the last two days so that may have contributed to the falsing. When I hit a target I knew I had a target (there are not many there due to the beach being over hunted and some what sanded in conditions). At one point the detector was falsing without even moving the coil. At this point I place the coil on the wet sand and kept decrementing the threshold to -4 and it was quiet. Next I was able to increase the sensitivity to 7. With this approach it ran very quiet for the last 20 minutes of my hunt.

I may have discovered the impact of the threshold adjustment and how it plays a role.

Charlie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2019 04:45PM by CCadrin.
March 19, 2019 11:50AM
So got that machine paid for yet Cliff .... lol? Thats one fine day of hunting .... especially considering how few targets there were a few days ago when we hunted together. Its been a good purchase for us .... especially with the results for these challenging months where there just isnt many recent drops..... but a whole lot of sand. She runs so quiet in the wet sand you wonder.... is it working what am i missing... thus far very little except the noise from mineral using other machines near the surf. You werent even in one of the higher Khz. This machine isnt going to miss many recent drops it picks up near target well. I agree..... i like AM hunting.... iron/minerals even when notched disc can wrap around just enough .... if ran to hot ... to be a little more chatter than i want. I prefer the PI sound much like the Xcal.
March 19, 2019 03:16PM
Hi Paul,

Glad things are looking better, that's a relief!

That alkali soil can be pretty harsh (eats some silver coins up too). At one site, it's a bit odd, a tiny creek divides the area, and on one side you cannot even ground balance some VLF detectors with their auto ground grab feature (manual GB works), and they GB in the salt range as if detecting a wet salt water beach. Cross the creek and the detector will ground balance without issue. The iron's not really thick, maybe a good candidate to try ground tracking.

Anyhow, glad things are stabilizing for you and good to see you using the Tarsacci MDT-8000. I almost bought one, but I don't beach hunt, and now we have a 9 month old baby girl, so any detecting time I get is spend chasing relics, history and a little blonde haired blue eye girl smiling smiley

Good to hear from you, looking forward to your continued posting, always have enjoyed your adventures and innovative detector mods!
Brian

Apolonio (CA) Wrote:
> Hello Brian,
>
> Haven’t made it up to gold country in three years, family emergency has kept me close by. Things are looking better this year, plan to venture up there later in the spring.
>
> I’ve used the Equniox in alkali soil, it’ll give you some issues but try gold field programs that’s were I’m seeing better stability under these type of soil conditions out in open areas away from the iron.
>
> For your type of hunting conditions, the Equniox is great especially for hike in sites the Equniox will serve you well. Still have my Equniox, auctually used it today for a short period comparing it with the Tarsacci. Alkali soil reminds me of soil
> with a lot chemicals and fertilizer, that too can create ground noise especially from years of plowing even some Pi’s like the TDI or ATX have issues under these conditions.
>
> Good luck and be seeing you sometime later in the year, good to hear from you.
>
> Paul
March 20, 2019 03:28PM
Very nice Cliff,

And thanks for sharing your settings, I haven’t hit the beach yet but plan too soon.

Congratulations!
Paul
March 20, 2019 03:44PM
Thanks Charlie for sharing your recent experiences and settings, yeah the threshold too high can play it’s role with too much sensitivity in some areas. The MDT threshold reminds me of the Blisstool Silencer feature, both remove ground noise and in some cases operate with higher sensitivity removing some of the ground noises.

Appreciate you sharing your settings for beach conditions, it’ll be a great help for me when I hit the beach soon. Very excited trying something different at our west coast wet sand, usually it’s a Pi or Sovereign/Explorer setup.

Thanks again,
Paul
March 20, 2019 04:02PM
Hello Brian,

And congratulations with the new born baby girl, that’s great maybe she’ll get you to slow down smiling smiley

That tiny creek sounds like a site near my area, one side very difficult to GB the other side very good with great stability.

The Tarsacci has its limitations, I’m finding its strengths are in open areas away from iron. Yes it’s deeper than all my non-Pi detectors, but in open areas away from thick iron. Loves poor mineralized soil, operates great. But for areas with a lot of iron, I’d rather use a Deus or an Equniox much better separation.

Hopefully it does well in fresh water Black sand, I think it will based from what I’m experiencing it able to handle tough soil. I’m reading very positive reviews from others the MDT is great for our west coast wet sand. So that’s good news the Tarsacci may not be the perfect detector but were it does operate good it does it extremely well in tough soil.

Hopefully meet up with you and Tom later in the year, I’ve slowed down with the hobby and shifted to high tech drones for research. Both go hand in hand, high tech detectors and high tech drones they auctually are my eyes now searching for settlements.

Congratulations with the baby girl smiling smiley
Paul

Cal_cobra Wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> Glad things are looking better, that's a relief!
> That alkali soil can be pretty harsh (eats some si
> lver coins up too). At one site, it's a bit odd,
> a tiny creek divides the area, and on one side you
> cannot even ground balance some VLF detectors with
> their auto ground grab feature (manual GB works),
> and they GB in the salt range as if detecting a we
> t salt water beach. Cross the creek and the detec
> tor will ground balance without issue. The iron's
> not really thick, maybe a good candidate to try gr
> ound tracking.
>
> Anyhow, glad things are stabilizing for you and go
> od to see you using the Tarsacci MDT-8000. I almo
> st bought one, but I don't beach hunt, and now we
> have a 9 month old baby girl, so any detecting tim
> e I get is spend chasing relics, history and a lit
> tle blonde haired blue eye girl smiling smiley
>
> Good to hear from you, looking forward to your con
> tinued posting, always have enjoyed your adventure
> s and innovative detector mods!
> Brian
>
>
> Apolonio (CA) Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Hello Brian,
> >
> > Haven’t made it up to gold country in three year
> s, family emergency has kept me close by. Things a
> re looking better this year, plan to venture up t
> here later in the spring.
> >
> > I’ve used the Equniox in alkali soil, it’ll giv
> e you some issues but try gold field programs that
> ’s were I’m seeing better stability under these ty
> pe of soil conditions out in open areas away from
> the iron.
> >
> > For your type of hunting conditions, the Equnio
> x is great especially for hike in sites the Equnio
> x will serve you well. Still have my Equniox, auct
> ually used it today for a short period comparing i
> t with the Tarsacci. Alkali soil reminds me of so
> il
> > with a lot chemicals and fertilizer, that too ca
> n create ground noise especially from years of plo
> wing even some Pi’s like the TDI or ATX have issue
> s under these conditions.
> >
> > Good luck and be seeing you sometime later in th
> e year, good to hear from you.
> >
> > Paul
March 20, 2019 08:46PM
Hi Paul,

Thanks, she's been a lot of fun, and a lot of work too grinning smiley

It sounds like the Tarsacci may do well at lake Tahoe. I need to test one of these out just to see if it would be beneficial for relic hunting, usually the challenge is getting around the iron, which sounds like what we already have is better suited for the job. Depth isn't typically an issue (AFAIK) but mineralized ground can be a challenge.

Speaking of drones, I picked up a DJI Professional with an UHD-4K camera and use Lechi software which allows you automate the flight using google satellite maps to plot out the flight course, and configure POIs for specific videography at each point, flying home and landing after it completes its mission. Pretty cool feature. I'd rally like to have a LIDAR camera on a drone, that would really open up some new sites!

Any time you want to hunt, Tom and I would enjoy getting together thumbs down
Brian

Apolonio (CA) Wrote:
> Hello Brian,
>
> And congratulations with the new born baby gi
> rl, that’s great maybe she’ll get you to slow dow
> n smiling smiley
>
> That tiny creek sounds like a site near my area, o
> ne side very difficult to GB the other side very g
> ood with great stability.
>
> The Tarsacci has its limitations, I’m finding its
> strengths are in open areas away from iron. Yes it
> ’s deeper than all my non-Pi detectors, but in ope
> n areas away from thick iron. Loves poor mineraliz
> ed soil, operates great. But for areas with a lot
> of iron, I’d rather use a Deus or an Equniox much
> better separation.
>
> Hopefully it does well in fresh water Black sand,
> I think it will based from what I’m experiencing i
> t able to handle tough soil. I’m reading very pos
> itive reviews from others the MDT is great for our
> west coast wet sand. So that’s good news the Tars
> acci may not be the perfect detector but were it d
> oes operate good it does it extremely well in toug
> h soil.
>
> Hopefully meet up with you and Tom later in the ye
> ar, I’ve slowed down with the hobby and shifted to
> high tech drones for research. Both go hand in han
> d, high tech detectors and high tech drones they a
> uctually are my eyes now searching for settlements
> .
>
> Congratulations with the baby girl smiling smiley
> Paul
>
> Cal_cobra Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Hi Paul,
> >
> > Glad things are looking better, that's a relief!
> > That alkali soil can be pretty harsh (eats some
> si
> > lver coins up too). At one site, it's a bit odd
> ,
> > a tiny creek divides the area, and on one side y
> ou
> > cannot even ground balance some VLF detectors wi
> th
> > their auto ground grab feature (manual GB works)
> ,
> > and they GB in the salt range as if detecting a
> we
> > t salt water beach. Cross the creek and the det
> ec
> > tor will ground balance without issue. The iron
> 's
> > not really thick, maybe a good candidate to try
> gr
> > ound tracking.
> >
> > Anyhow, glad things are stabilizing for you and
> go
> > od to see you using the Tarsacci MDT-8000. I al
> mo
> > st bought one, but I don't beach hunt, and now w
> e
> > have a 9 month old baby girl, so any detecting t
> im
> > e I get is spend chasing relics, history and a l
> it
> > tle blonde haired blue eye girl smiling smiley
> >
> > Good to hear from you, looking forward to your c
> on
> > tinued posting, always have enjoyed your adventu
> re
> > s and innovative detector mods!
> > Brian
> >
> >
> > Apolonio (CA) Wrote:
> > ------------------------------------------------
> --
> > -----
> > > Hello Brian,
> > >
> > > Haven’t made it up to gold country in three ye
> ar
> > s, family emergency has kept me close by. Things
> a
> > re looking better this year, plan to venture up
> t
> > here later in the spring.
> > >
> > > I’ve used the Equniox in alkali soil, it’ll g
> iv
> > e you some issues but try gold field programs th
> at
> > ’s were I’m seeing better stability under these
> ty
> > pe of soil conditions out in open areas away fro
> m
> > the iron.
> > >
> > > For your type of hunting conditions, the Equn
> io
> > x is great especially for hike in sites the Equn
> io
> > x will serve you well. Still have my Equniox, au
> ct
> > ually used it today for a short period comparing
> i
> > t with the Tarsacci. Alkali soil reminds me of
> so
> > il
> > > with a lot chemicals and fertilizer, that too
> ca
> > n create ground noise especially from years of p
> lo
> > wing even some Pi’s like the TDI or ATX have iss
> ue
> > s under these conditions.
> > >
> > > Good luck and be seeing you sometime later in
> th
> > e year, good to hear from you.
> > >
> > > Paul
March 22, 2019 06:21PM
Sounds great Brian,

We’ll get together this year, and touch more on the drones for research glad you have one. Yours is pretty good for pictures ahd video, plus gets good range.

Take care,
Paul