Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ON THE HORIZON = MDT-8000

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: ON THE HORIZON = MDT-8000
August 21, 2019 11:26PM
Todd...…. I'll call Dimitar shortly...… and have him send you a new cap. I'll also double-check your questions with Dimitar.
August 22, 2019 10:19PM
Any idea of how many Tarsacci's have been sold so far?
August 23, 2019 02:01AM
Hi Todd...… It is very rare that I go back to previous posts to see if something has been 'edited'...….. BUT...…. I just caught your edit...….. by default! Ok...…. glad to know that Dimitar called you..... and problems are resolved.

GreenMeanie = Not allowed to divulge!
cdv
August 23, 2019 09:06PM
MDT will get the small gold rings too. This one was on the second scoop, 10k and .66 grams. (Threshold 0, Sense 8, 9 KhHz)

Cliff
August 23, 2019 10:20PM
Where is everyone putting that red O ring? As far as I know it goes at the very bottom of those threads and the black one squish’s on top of that. Mine came at the bottom others received it at the very top of this threads.
August 23, 2019 10:35PM
My red O-Ring is on the bottom of the threads, of the battery compartment, the black O-Ring is in the cap, as I received it new.

Aaron
August 23, 2019 11:33PM
Outstanding Cliff. Here is mine for the day..... it did turn out to be gold. Its 4.9 grams 10K 8" long the picture makes it look large but its not really..... 1/8 of an inch wide. This was found in the water. It ran up as a 4 on the MDT..... tested it on the Nox and it was a 5 digit. I was running hot.... 0 and 9. I played around with 12khz today. at 37 i can hunt with it and i tested a few targets found in 9 khz. IMO 9khz was a bit louder on the targets. Also the bit of pops we get from coil touch or minerals are amplified so it will hunt, but i prefer the quiet sound of 9 khz. I had to turn down my Nox at the house to test the chain.... barely got a digit at 13 sensitivity. I may have to make a run to the beach just to see how the two perform on this.

August 24, 2019 05:22PM
The orange/red O-ring is like a rubber band. It stretches over the male threads....that you screw the battery cap onto.
August 25, 2019 07:35AM
Been meaning to reply in greater detail...... to folks...… but have been short on time.

Cliff...…. Congrat's on that tiny ring! But..... what's more important to me is..... the data. I would rather have the data for a tiny gold ring...… than a large clunker. Your settings, depth, conditions.... means a lot to me...…. and for many reasons. This helps me validate the technology. Validate that 'hunters' can discover/use it. Validates your learning-curve...… and the current settings/status you are in. Yes...……… the MDT has limitations; yet, is World 'flagship' in several real-world applications. ----- Can folks learn it? (Apparently so!).

Dew...…. Same thing. Good data! Nice chain! I can see the oxidation on it...….. meaning ……. the copper alloy portion...had plenty of time in the saltwater to oxidize. It's been there a while...….. and no one else had found it.
Also...…… Yes, 18Khz and 12Khz are more sensitive to your gold chain and Cliff's tiny gold ring; yet/however...…………. 9Khz can operate with more stability in the wet salt.,.,., which......in turn...… allows for higher Sens settings and better Threshold settings...…………..,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, so as to regain what may be lost ….by not running 18Khz/12Khz.

Good data!
August 25, 2019 10:02AM
I played with both 12 and 18 in the water over some targets i found in 9khz. The volume on those targets just wasnt the same quality as 9khz. I can still run the same settings for threshold and sensitivity in those khz...... but i have to adjust the salt setting up 10 to15 digits (27 to 37-43). Even with that id way prefer to hunt in blissful silence as opposed more falsing from minerals and touching/flipping of the coil. You can indeed turn it down and stop some of that, but i still find myself with high salt settings. Thats something im not sure about...... as to the affects of hunting with high salt settings over reasonable ones. IF those salt settings merely reduce the noise..... its all good, but if they affect the size or depth of the gold...... then thats bad. But.... i do know if i have to turn down the threshold and sensitivity .... then it begins to become equal....OR advantageous to run 9khz. I also dont know what size of gold 9khz might miss being a lower freq. But .... i am certain it is DEEPER and just as sensitive as the Xcal. Most hunters would be VERY impressed to have pulled that chain out IN the water. It had been there for some time because it was almost black from leaching.... much like silver gets. I need to take another picture of it to show just how small it is.

better pic of the chain...... note NO clasp.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2019 11:51AM by dewcon4414.
August 30, 2019 11:23PM
Got my replacement cap!! Many thanks.
Been out of the area so will give things a go again this weekend.

Appreciate it.
Peter
August 31, 2019 12:11AM
Good to know....Peter. Keep us in the loop.
cdv
August 31, 2019 11:40PM
Tried something different last night, hunted in 6.4 KHz (Sense 8, Threshold 0, SB 34). Was hunting alongside another MDT in the water and found working two different frequencies allowed getting a bit closer together while hunting without hearing (as much) interference from the other machine. However out of the water the noise is much more noticeable and a greater distance is needed between machines. Even with the noise if you got a bit closer together, there is no doubt with the machine when you hit a target.
Found my first Palladium band (with the MDT), came in as a 10/11 for a TID, thought I was digging a corroded penny....glad I kept digging.
Cliff
September 01, 2019 10:26AM
I saw that nice ring..... congrats on that not so common find. I played a little with 12khz out deeper. It seems to much SB will have the same affect as to little. Those corroded pennies tend to UPSCALE for me to around 17.... same as a DEEP pull tab may go from 7ish to 23ish. You are right ....... you can have that chatter.... but targets still tend to be very recognizable. Have you noticed what you might call a weak signal? Even the buried gold rings ive tested .... then came in pretty clear/repeatable or didnt.
September 01, 2019 11:50AM
Cliff...… Congrat's on that Palladium ring! Hoping you & Dew have the time to post "August 2019" finds photo. (For my weird purposes of target: shape, conductivity, mass/size....and...… ultimately: detectability).

Yes...… any time that a coil is submerged..... it'll produce less EMI to close-proximity/surrounding other detectors. Water attenuates. Especially saltwater.
September 01, 2019 09:29PM
Heres mine thats worth while. Lot of distractions last month .... this month isnt looking good either with the storm and me heading to Indy for a few weeks. Apparently it was a 10K kind of month. Chain and coin were my best IMO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2019 09:31PM by dewcon4414.
September 02, 2019 03:43AM
Congratulations Tarsacci users scoring these great finds, although I’m not posting finds I am following everyone’s Tarsacci adventures.

Recently, dug an 1850 1/2 dime. Not with the Tarsacci but with an Equniox. Been using both, although I favor using the Tarsacci just happened on this particular short hunt was using the Equniox.

My real reason to post today, to share the Equniox wireless headset works great with the Tarsacci. Whenever I hunt, I’ll bring along both the Tarsacci and Equniox which share the same wireless headphones. The small Tarsacci headphone cord plugs into the Equniox wireless headset. One headset for two detectors, one less headset to carry for those owning both.

Happy hunting everyone,
Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2019 03:44AM by Apolonio (CA).
September 02, 2019 03:46AM
Man, I never even thought of that, good idea.
Thanks

Aaron
September 02, 2019 03:59AM
Hello Aaron,

Equniox wireless phones are nice, for those fortunate to having both a Tarsacci and Equniox it’s cool using the same headset. Auctually, encourages me to switch back and forth on a hunt.

Thanked Care Aaron,
Paul
September 02, 2019 12:02PM
Dew...……….. even with as little of time that you are getting to detect; you are doing very well. And it looks like September will also be another low-hunt-time for you.
Thanks for the pic!
September 02, 2019 01:05PM
Apolonio (CA) Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------->
> My real reason to post today, to share the Equnio
> x wireless headset works great with the Tarsacci.
> Whenever I hunt, I’ll bring along both the Tarsacc
> i and Equniox which share the same wireless headph
> ones. The small Tarsacci headphone cord plugs into
> the Equniox wireless headset. One headset for two
> detectors, one less headset to carry for those own
> ing both.
>
> Happy hunting everyone,
> Paul

I've been using my Trond wireless headphones with the Tarsacci since the very beginning. I have the choice of using them wired or using the Trond Bluetooth wireless transmitter.

The headphones that come with the Tarsacci are throwaways IMO.

I do like the backpack though, for carrying essentials to the hunt site.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2019 01:18PM by Badger in NH.
September 02, 2019 02:15PM
I’m afraid so. Hunting 7 or more hours on a bad day doesn’t make up for the timing an every day hunt might. Heading out for at least 2 weeks Wednesday. Taking a detector for a possible old park hunt if I can get time. Won’t be close enough to some of my old field hunt locations. Hobby pays for its self. Tom you ever hunt some of those old forts close to me and need a hand let me know. Love to see how you work an area and what u find. I suspect you are really watching this storm with anticipation. I might have a shot at some of those goodies on your side of the island when I get back....no one gets it all lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2019 04:00PM by dewcon4414.
cdv
September 02, 2019 04:47PM
Tom, like Dew....I was challenged with timing of life and weather, however I did pretty good for the few times I did make it out. Here is the take for August....

Cliff

September 02, 2019 05:13PM
Very NICE!
September 02, 2019 06:29PM
You got some higher digit gold there Cliff. Got to like PD....almost all money there.
September 02, 2019 09:20PM
Cliff...…. VERY nice! I que in on the tiny ring the most. Once again..... for as little of hunting time that you had...… these results are very good. Hopefully...… you will see increased finds/results with this hurricane. . . . . . . if some of its strength reaches the West Coast of FLA.
THANKS for posting this data!
September 03, 2019 04:23PM
Not looking good that we will get much help sand movement wise...... it showed only 20mph winds the next couple of days with 2' swells. That .6 gram one was pretty impressive and it sounded deep enough to impress. So 9khz isnt doing bad on the small gold. Id have to check...... but it seems ive been getting those change dangles .... just wondering where all those chains are? I have to say hunting in AM you get a good BANG on targets like those crosses. I know on some machines they can sound pretty broken up...... even a weak crackle that you could miss.
cdv
September 03, 2019 05:25PM
Yeah Dew, this storm will not do much more than a normal storm cycle does.
That .6 gram ring almost got tossed out with the shells it was so small. I caught just a flash of yellow as I started to dump the scoop. Funny how something so small can make the hunt better....other than that ring that day was just a walk in the water!
September 03, 2019 08:03PM
Where are you guys located?
cdv
September 03, 2019 08:05PM
Badger, Dew and I are on the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Cliff