Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ON THE HORIZON = MDT-8000

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: ON THE HORIZON = MDT-8000
September 28, 2019 03:39PM
Thanks for the great responses, I really appreciate the learning. I was running in mixed mode the entire time and when I was getting the falsing on my swing back to the left it was when my back was turned to the surf so yes, my swing was headed back to the water's edge at the point of falsing. I'll back off on the blk salt mode and see if that will work as well and get into all metal. I normally hunt in AM with my nox 800 at the beach as I want to hear everything with it and I'm not sure why I went into MM instead but I had read somewhere that MM was preferable to someone so i did LOL. I'll also drop down in FQ to see if I can alleviate the falsing.

In my fantasy world I had dreamt the night before that I was going to suddenly uncover vast amounts of untold riches at the water's edge yesterday and my own buried quarter was all that went into my pouch. As soon as my after school coaching duties wrap up at the end of October I'll have some free time to really use it. The bad thing is the price of gas has gone up nearly .60 per gallon in the past week which just kills me as my land cruiser loves to stop at every station so my 25 mile beach drives just got more expensive thanks to some new eco regulation in CA.
cdv
September 30, 2019 06:43PM
Got to meet up with Dewcon and Dimitar today at the beach. I spent a short time talking with him but had to leave earlier than I wanted to....not enough time on the meter at the parking lot. Talked about the MDT and what we liked about it along with a few small changes we thought would work nicely. Really wish I had put more money in the meter! Hope they found some gold after I left.

Cliff
September 30, 2019 08:32PM
Cliff...... i never got to hunt any longer..... i really felt bad about that. We did lunch and by that time i was like an hour and a half over on my parking..... but i said hey ill take the ticket just for more time. Another regret was not getting him wet buddy lol. I dont know if hes been neck deep out there. He might have gotten some good information. I really hope we expressed how much we like this machine for beach hunting. This machine will find deep targets...... deep gold. I appreciated him (and his wife) sharing information and his passion to design a very good machine. Ive had a darn good year thus far.
October 01, 2019 01:16AM
FINALLY...… the 3 of you … got together!!!
cdv
October 01, 2019 10:36AM
Tom it would have been great it you could have made it for our little get together!

Cliff

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2019 10:37AM by cdv.
October 01, 2019 11:20AM
NO....... then i would have gotten that ticket for sure. I cant imagine the two of them in the same room, so to speak. I likely wouldnt have asked as many stupid questions thou lol. But you are right Cliff...... we'd been like two kinds going to the candy shop lol. I did learn one thing..... that burning question everyone wanted to ask but never have...... what does Tarsacci mean in Bulgarian? Answer ........ SEEKER.

Tom..... we both wished we would have had a lot more time with the two of them. I also found out this is NOT a one man show...... but a family accomplishment. He even makes the coils....... which i was glad to here he MAY do an 11" round one. Really enjoyed it Tom.
October 01, 2019 11:21AM
NO....... then i would have gotten that ticket for sure. I cant imagine the two of them in the same room, so to speak. I likely wouldnt have asked as many stupid questions thou lol. But you are right Cliff...... we'd been like two kids going to the candy shop lol. I did learn one thing..... that burning question everyone wanted to ask but never have...... what does Tarsacci mean in Bulgarian? Answer ........ SEEKER.

Tom..... we both wished we would have had a lot more time with the two of them. I also found out this is NOT a one man show...... but a family accomplishment. He even makes the coils....... which i was glad to here he MAY do an 11" round one. Really enjoyed it Tom.
October 01, 2019 12:28PM
Yes..... Dimitar and I will meet...… for a couple of days...… and detect..... and talk future direction(s).
October 03, 2019 11:03AM
Another 916 gold 3.4 gram gold ring from Sundays hunt. I was hunting behind a buddy using an Xcal .... we dont know if he walked over it or his machine just missed it. It was a couple of good scoops ....but easily heard by the MDT. My first target was that cross..... 5 min in. I showed the wrong side..... the front side has stones and in the scoop ..... it made me do the snoopy dance.... well until closer observation determined it was JUNK. 2 silvers for the day. Im still thinking....... these high K rings im getting are just a bit deeper and other machines are missing them. Another thing.... i was showing off the MDT to a couple of hunters and one was wearing a very large and heavy gold ring...... it rang up as a 12 digit. Like most machines ........right there at the penny range 13.

free picture hosting

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2019 11:07AM by dewcon4414.
October 03, 2019 11:26AM
That heavy gold ring looks like it may ID as 'Zinc Penny'. Yes, the higher the Karat ….. the heavier (more dense) the gold; hence, a faster sink-rate. If that ring is 22Kt (or above) ….. it may have very well ID'd as 'high-coin'.
October 03, 2019 03:58PM
Tom....you would think so...but that’s not the case it’s a solid 6 air testing. I have good acid and it holds all day long at 22k. Maybe size comes into play. You saw the chart I sent you seems only the huge rings fell that high up. 4,5, and 6 DONT walk past those.
cdv
October 08, 2019 09:43PM
20 gram Platinum today, approximately 9" deep in the sand in chest deep water read a consistent 7 TID. I was snorkeling and fanned the target but after about 6" gave up on it and used the scoop to retrieve it. Air testing it at home and in the 6-9" range from the coil it reads 7, starts to vary numbers slightly as you get up to about 12" from the coil.
Settings, 9KHz, Salt 34, BS off, 0 Threshold, 8 sensitivity

Cliff
October 08, 2019 11:26PM
That’s a monster.......Cliff. Another heavy.... was it in a moved sand area or hard pan?
cdv
October 09, 2019 12:36AM
Dew, it was on one of the few 'stable' areas of the beach and not close to the sandbar or in the normal low tide area. Hardly any shells in the scoop with the ring....yet the sand is packed firm there. I wouldn't call it hardpan.....
October 09, 2019 10:49AM
You know i was trying to get a feel from where it was dug if ..... again it was a heavy target possibly missed.... not recent and buried quickly. Im trying to get 12khz to run in the deeper water. After talking to Dimitar the other day it seems we should be able to adjust the salt setting UP and just eliminate the mineral response. I moved mine up to 43 and could hunt fairly easily there..... and believe i could learn it quickly. BUT..... i located targets in 9khz, and almost all of them had a louder response than 12 when i switched over. So im not certain if its just that 9khz cant handle the salt as well or adjusting the salt balance that high is having an affect. I do the same thing in 18khz. I think ill keep playing with 12khz a bit. Out of the water in the wet sand 12 seems to give me a bit more depth than the other freqs......but 18 seemed to give better ID to me. I8 was a little more difficult to run if you get near the surf. Ive also learned what Tom said initially about needing good coil control. Ive about got this iron thing down.

I also noticed the other day...... there is an 8000 mah battery available it seems...... same digit and DCV.....but of course twice the price.... $13 i believe. Personally, i like the 5000s BECAUSE it makes me open that cap daily after a hunt. I rotate my batteries. I also read these batteries give about 1200 recharges..... think about that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2019 11:10AM by dewcon4414.
October 09, 2019 03:12PM
Wow Cliff! Congrat's! THAT should pay for some gas money!
October 11, 2019 12:02PM
Just curious if Dimitar has considered posting a couple of these machines on E-bay or Amazon?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2019 10:53PM by dewcon4414.
October 18, 2019 10:30AM
FOR THE RECORD:

Yes..... I DO sell the Tarsacci MDT-8000. The cost is $1539.00..... which includes taxes & U.S.A. shipping. No.....you do not have to be in any special 'club' to acquire one. Simply: contact me.
(Prompted to make this post...recently due to: 4 PM's and 2 e-mails).

Dew...…. yes …… we have thought about FaceBook, e-bay and Amazon; yet, want to stay within the confines of "dealership network" ….. thus far!
October 27, 2019 03:59AM
I know that this is primarily a beach detector, but I have seen a few posts about using it for relic hunting. For dirt hunting, what does this detector have to offer? Does it only have an advantage in highly mineralized soil? Thanks,
Seth
October 27, 2019 07:45AM
hello

I am a new owner of the Tarsacci in France. May be the only one in France. Thank's for all messages i can learn how to use it. I only hunt on the beach i will test the tarsacci next Friday !

The vidéo of unboxing, of course it is in French, but i will speak english a little in my next vidéo.

[www.youtube.com]

Best regards from France

Magus.
October 28, 2019 10:34AM
Based on your other post about headphones..... what will you be using on this machine? Will you use piezos or those speakers you mentioned in a pair you work up...... or the pair of phones that come with the machine? Which arent bad phones unless you intend on getting in the water working with the pig tail. Hopefully we will get some great feed back from your location.
October 28, 2019 05:11PM
Seth...….. I may have implied/misled folks ….. the Tarsacci is for hunting wet-salt with black sand...... only. This is not true. Yes, it is the trump-card in this environment (even over the CTX, CZ, Excal, EQX)…….. but, it has plenty of other applications …. as well. It is not a 'niche' detector. It is indeed a general purpose unit. While it is not quite (specifically) a "coins-only" hunter...…. it bodes very well as a coins hunter. It also has a ton of audibly conveyable intel for relic hunting. It performs very well in carpets of nails; yet, there may be a few other units that perform slightly better in carpets of nails. True; when mineralization starts to climb...….. the performance of the Tarsacci also starts to climb...… as compared to other units.
Does this help?
October 28, 2019 06:07PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Seth...….. I may have implied/misled folks ….. th
> e Tarsacci is for hunting wet-salt with black sand
> ...... only. This is not true. Yes, it is the trum
> p-card in this environment (even over the CTX, CZ,
> Excal, EQX)…….. but, it has plenty of other applic
> ations …. as well. It is not a 'niche' detector. I
> t is indeed a general purpose unit. While it is no
> t quite (specifically) a "coins-only" hunter...….
> it bodes very well as a coins hunter. It also has
> a ton of audibly conveyable intel for relic huntin
> g. It performs very well in carpets of nails; yet,
> there may be a few other units that perform slight
> ly better in carpets of nails. True; when mineral
> ization starts to climb...….. the performance of t
> he Tarsacci also starts to climb...… as compared t
> o other units.
> Does this help?

I can only say everything NASA-Tom posted is true, while I am exclusively a beach hunter with a lot of hours on the MDT-8000 I have found it to be very good when just dirt hunting away from the ocean.
October 28, 2019 11:42PM
I absolutely use this machine as a relic finder... While I am still finding the "sweet tuning" for such, I am more than amazed at what the 8000 will see and at depth.
I believe the GoldMax is way ahead in heavy nail sites, (down to 5") however that may change IF I can figure out the proper settings for searching in those conditions.
at present, my goal is relic hunting in mid 1800's sites with the 8000. I have been using/testing in park areas that date back to the early 1900's for testing/training purposes. (Along with my test garden still in the works)

So far my finds are minimal, but not the fault of the Tarsacci. Part of that is getting on those sites. the other part is learning this new platform.

Peter

What was once impossible..... is now easy and obvious. BUT.......... if : You don't know...what you don't know........ it continues to appear/look impossible.
-Thomas Dankowski
October 29, 2019 12:58AM
I finally got out for a bit this afternoon for the low tide. This would be my 3rd time out in the wet sand so I can honestly say I'm getting the hang of it. I dug about 50 targets this afternoon, none good but it was a good chance to get used to the machine. One thing I will say is that I have never dug as many small targets that fell through my scoop. I found minute pieces of balled up aluminum that continually fell through my scoop. I really didn't use the TID screen much as I'd rather learn by hearing and I quickly learned that in mixed mode if you didn't get the "pa-ting" at the end of the tone it was likely a negative number and junk. All I dug today was junk but that's not on the Tarsacci but rather just the location and sand conditions. I feel confident that had a ring been there I'd have found it with the Tarsacci. I've pretty much solved the falsing issue I was having the first time out and for the most part now I'm able to set it and forget it. Next time out I'm going to pack my pro-pointer just so I can rid the beach of the little pieces of trash so I don't find them again. Some of targets we're easily 14" deep or more. My shoulder and elbows are sore from all the digging.
October 29, 2019 11:52PM
For those of you who havent seen this ...... i found a Video by Greg from Trans Bay Detectors he did Oct 25. That AM sound is crazy loud over even DEEP targets.

[www.youtube.com]
October 31, 2019 09:19PM
Well it was a small gold kind of month. Most of my finds were 14K....nothing under that for some reason. There has been a lot of wind and waves but just in the wrong direction to get any sand moving. It did move a lot of seaweed in as well which can give detectors a fit. I didnt notice any of that with this machine. 9 months now and Ive still not used my other machines and right now im well ahead of last years totals with the Nox. Has anyone had a battery NOT charge? Not sure what happened put it on the charger and it appeared to be charged.... popped it in and the machine didnt come on. Put the other in and it was fine. So put it back on the charger came back after my hunt and it read.... 4.1. Happened this once only. I will say this..... its nice to just pay $6 for a battery if you need one. I hope everyone took a good look at the video Magus did .... this thing is made well. CF and those locks are great and NO WOBBLE. Throw it in the back pack provides and off ya go.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2019 11:37AM by dewcon4414.
cdv
November 01, 2019 10:03AM
Not a bad month Dew..... I've been off of Facebook so this is caught me off guard.....congrats!
Hard to see the picture though, it is really small.....even when you click on it. Might want to try the next size up when you downsize them.

Cliff
November 01, 2019 10:06AM
Very nice Dew, WTG!

Aaron
November 01, 2019 10:19AM
Well i have to apologize for adding that 22K....... a friend pointed it out to me that i found that one the last day of Sept. I didnt get around to posting it here until 3 of Oct. I was just throwing these rings in a pile with the other jewelry and sorting them out at the end of this month. Turns out to be a pretty good size pile of stuff. Got lazy lol. Cliff i hadnt posted any on my facebook page this last month i held um to the end of the month. Im getting to many LOCAL hunters on my facebook so i thought this was the best way to show family and friends...... once a month.