Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ON THE HORIZON = MDT-8000

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: ON THE HORIZON = MDT-8000
March 07, 2020 12:53PM
The 11"x8" standard/stock coil for the Tarsacci is a good general-purpose coil …… for general-purpose hunting...…….. which keeps the Tarsacci: a general-purpose unit.,.,.,.,.,.,.,., but:

HEAD'S UP:

Europe is requesting a "Field Coil".
Beach hunters are requesting a "Beach Coil".

Soooooooo……. we are officially Full-Steam-Ahead on producing a (approx.) 12" Round DD coil for the Tarsacci…… due to a lot of these very specific requests. It will have heavier-duty coil ears.....with a heavier-duty nut/bolt.
In reality; we've already been working on this coil for a long time (((and so stated.....as you have probably seen....on various forums))).

We are not concerned about weight.
We are ONLY concerned about: PERFORMANCE. (((You will see: "why"))).
March 07, 2020 12:55PM
Great news, very nice!
March 07, 2020 01:04PM
Don't forget to give it a heavy-duty coil cover with shock absorption and abrasion resistance.

Heavy weightwise doesn't sound good, but if it's in the name of performance, I can live with that.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2020 01:28PM by Badger in NH.
March 07, 2020 01:07PM
You want a headlight on it too Badger?? ( ;
March 07, 2020 01:10PM
Aaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You want a headlight on it too Badger?? ( ;

I only say it because I've already gone through five coil covers. Dimitar sent me one to test that he says is heavy-Duty but I have my doubts. It looks identical to the others.
March 07, 2020 01:14PM
Badger...…. copy!

(((We're certainly not going to go out of our way to make it a barbell weight; yet, performance will not be compromised))).

Other coil-size requests have been in the mix....also; yet, we are placing all energy/focus on the primary request. Remember...…… producing a different coil for the Tarsacci…….. is very different than producing different coils for any/all of the other detectors out there. The Tarsacci is a unique platform. It'll take some time.
March 07, 2020 01:14PM
Roger that!
I recall hearing something about that, however I have a feeling Dimatar has designed this one with Badger mind!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2020 01:17PM by Aaron.
March 07, 2020 01:20PM
Kind of! His input is also heavily weighted.

--------
Also...….. the standard 11"x8" coil may still be the best (so far)…… for IN the water. Even though we can make a much larger coil "hydrodynamic"...….. it is still a large coil! Keep that in mind!
March 07, 2020 01:21PM
I'll be very interested to see why weight is not important. If you are making it specifically for water hunting, you will need to make a lightweight version also, for wet sand hunters.

If it needs to be heavy for maximum depth performance, that would be an acceptable trade-off.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2020 01:24PM by Badger in NH.
March 07, 2020 01:23PM
March 07, 2020 01:25PM
You must be as hard on a coil cover as i am. I went thru a couple pretty fast because of the L shaped angle ..... and my cover is ON the sand constantly. BUT.... i do the same with any machine ive used on the beach..... and have the same problem. It amazes me when someone says i hunt without a coil cover....... coils are just to expensive and i KNOW without a doubt mine would be gone i dont care how durable they may think they are. Rub sand paper over anything long enough and you will get damage. So.... on ALL my cover.... Xcal, Nox, CTX and the MDT i also add Locktite Marine Epoxy.... tuffest stuff ive found. I pay special attention to ware areas and repeat as needed. This newer cover IS stronger to me. Bottom line is ..... i really dont believe theres a coil cover out there the way we hunt that aint going to wear. I have to watch myself because in the water i can get a tendancy to tilt my coil a bit and im running on the edge of that coil cover not flat. When i got my first Xcal..... i was going thru a coil cover every 3 or 4 months before i found that epoxy. Its just the hours .... and who knows maybe the way im hunting.
March 07, 2020 01:28PM
You’re settin the bar pretty high for Dimatar there Badger, take it eeeeeasy!
March 07, 2020 01:29PM
Dew...….. "tilting a coil" ……. can break coil-ears..... IF you ever (unsuspectingly/subconsciously) lean on it! (((Speaking from experience)))!!
March 07, 2020 01:32PM
Aaron Wrote:
> You’re settin the bar pretty high for Dimatar ther
> e Badger, take it eeeeeasy!

Sorry, I'm a perfectionist and tend to get overly critical at times.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2020 01:34PM by Badger in NH.
March 07, 2020 01:39PM
That why things are “over engineered”.
The Germans did that for NASA during the APOLLO years. When they needed to trim 500lbs, VonBraun would say “yeah, yeah no-problem” cause EVERYTHING they designed was BULLIT PROOF and over engineered.

Like wise this next coil will most likely be “Badger-Proof”.
March 07, 2020 02:28PM
I can not think of anyone who has cried for a 12" round DD coil louder and longer than me, right Tom? I have started threads on another forum about this coil and deep discussions on coverage over the stock coil. I bothered Tom with PM's and Dimitar to death, so I have no complaints about weight, covers, location or size of ears etc.I thank you Tom and Dimitar for your decision and efforts to produce this coil. I have hunted here in VA. Beach for a year now with my MDT 8000 and have no complaints on its performance. I would therefore at this time Tom, would like to place the first order for the 12" round DD coil for my Tarsacci MDT 8000. Thank you.
March 07, 2020 03:19PM
Hello

It' s good idea for the 12'round DD coil. But it must be not to heavy. For exemple the big coil for equinox is to heavy.

So my last targets with the tarsacci !

Gold wedding ring 3.70 g
Gold and diamond ring 5,70

signet ring : 10,35 g

If you make a new tarsacci, please add bluetooth, i have some problem with the audio M8 connector, it's not waterproof, salt water enter and make corrosion on pins

The first pins on the left (red)

I am agree for the coil cover. I wanted to clean the coil i had broken the first one when i try to remove it.
It's not very strong. I paste the second with silicon

Last thing, the part just below the arm cup is not large enough

It's just advices for improve next detector. It's very good specialy for salt water.

Best regards from france

Magus
March 07, 2020 03:21PM
Woo hoo!! Y'all rock! I know that when they are completed, they will be done right.
March 07, 2020 03:26PM
Magnus, what headphones are you using?
March 07, 2020 03:36PM
I add a bluetooth Trond module on the connector of tarsacci. The module is connected with a marshall bluetooth headphones monitor

The vidéo for the signet ring, it is in french of course !

[www.youtube.com]

The gold target is at 3.13 minutes.

Magus.
March 07, 2020 04:11PM
To my tilt is move on movement right to left because I sometimes take a step left or right for a long swing. I’m pretty careful about trying NOT to lean ... but on those days I probably should not of even been in the water ya never know when leaning on the coil just happens. I’ve been known to break some ears.... cuffs and even shafts. But that’s what all that gold for to pay for parts right lol
March 07, 2020 04:38PM
Magus is hunting the rocks just like we do in NH. These are the conditions that require coil covers to be built out of the right materials.

The plastic needs to be soft and bendy as opposed to hard and brittle. The Equinox is a good example of a properly designed coil cover. You could probably fold an Equinox cover in half without it breaking, although I don't recommend that anyone try to do that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2020 04:45PM by Badger in NH.
March 07, 2020 04:59PM
Really..... the first Nox coil I tried to remove broke in half. I do like that they barely cover the coil and LOCK pretty well as opposed to the CTX where those cross overs would come loose and work like rutters and cause drag.
March 07, 2020 05:15PM
Well maybe you can't bend them in half, but they do hold up pretty well. I've had mine for two years. It's my main machine. I put it through a lot of abuse and I'm still on the original coil cover.
March 07, 2020 05:32PM
I’ve broken the cuff, two coil ears and 2 covers.....that’s in a year. I’ve not used it much since I got the MDT.
March 07, 2020 06:16PM
Magus Detection Wrote:
> Hello
>
> It' s good idea for the 12'round DD coil. But it m
> ust be not to heavy. For exemple the big coil for
> equinox is to heavy.
>
> So my last targets with the tarsacci !
>
> [URL=https://www.casimages.com/i/20030704053479929
> 1.jpg.html][IMG]https://nsa40.casimages.com/img/20
> 20/03/07/mini_200307040534799291.jpg[/IMG][/url]
>
> Gold wedding ring 3.70 g
> Gold and diamond ring 5,70
>
>
> [URL=https://www.casimages.com/i/20030704252920892
> 9.jpg.html][IMG]https://nsa40.casimages.com/img/20
> 20/03/07/mini_200307042529208929.jpg[/IMG][/url]
>
> signet ring : 10,35 g
>
> If you make a new tarsacci, please add bluetooth,
> i have some problem with the audio M8 connector, i
> t's not waterproof, salt water enter and make corr
> osion on pins
>
> [URL=https://www.casimages.com/i/20030704180718734
> 0.jpg.html][IMG]https://nsa40.casimages.com/img/20
> 20/03/07/mini_200307041807187340.jpg[/IMG][/url]
>
> The first pins on the left (red)
>
> I am agree for the coil cover. I wanted to clean t
> he coil i had broken the first one when i try to r
> emove it.
> It's not very strong. I paste the second with sili
> con
>
> Last thing, the part just below the arm cup is not
> large enough
>
> It's just advices for improve next detector. It's
> very good specialy for salt water.
>
> Best regards from france
>
> Magus

Magnus,

congratulations on that BIG GOLD ring! The TARSACCI is serving you well and your well past the learning curve!

Your problem with the connector is unique and your the first one to have a issue with it. Please remember if you have a problem, Dimatar is only a phone call or email away and is more than happy to answer any questions or problems regarding his product.
How many other product developers/inventors can you say that about?

Congrats again on the GOLD!

HH! Aaron
March 07, 2020 06:39PM
Magus...…. I have to agree with you about the coil covers being brittle! Dimitar has (since) changed the materials that the coil cover is made out of. Not sure if it is implemented yet...…. but has been addressed.

Dew...…. you LIVE in the saltwater. How does your M8 connector look..... on the back of the Tarsacci box? (I'm looking to see if there is a trend).

Carolina...…… 'promise' installed! (After I get one first!!!!!)
March 07, 2020 08:30PM
Tim Ive not taken off either the coil or headphones and have never gotten any indication of a problem. I can if you’d like just to see. I alway use a wrap of Teflon tap before tightening them on. Habit because the M12s we used for the Xcal mods on the CTX had a flat side to them.

I forgot to add my congrats on those golds .....nice tickets there.
March 08, 2020 01:18PM
Magus...……. I'm still scratching my head on your pigtail headphone connector oxidation issue. Why?...……. Because:

1. Waterproof...…. IP-68...….. M-8...….. connector
2. Rubber O-ring seals
3. Gold plated pins

I have never heard of this issue! Makes me wonder if your IP-68, M-8 was built on a Friday!
But...………. in any case...…… if it gives you ANY problems...…….. we will send you a new headphone pigtail cord…………. regardless of any warranty status!!!
March 08, 2020 01:25PM
(Mild) status update. Give us a handful of weeks to create this larger Field/Beach Tarsacci coil. (((No...…. not: Years)))!
We're creating this Field/Beach coil...….first...…..due to larger/higher demand.
We will not forsake the small coil requests! But...…… all energy/focus will be placed in the Field/Beach coil...first. Until: completion.