Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ON THE HORIZON = MDT-8000

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: ON THE HORIZON = MDT-8000
March 18, 2020 04:40AM
Lots of good points are mentioned here about what alternate coils people would like.

For me, I bought the MDT 8000 because I now live close to several California beaches. I wanted as much or more depth than an Equinox 800, and I wanted better discrimination than a PI machine gives. (I'm primarily a wet salt sand and ankle-deep water hunter.)

That's what I'm getting with the 11 inch coil. However, if a slightly larger coil, whether round or elliptical, will get me even more depth OR will give accurate ID deeper than the 11 inch (or both), I'd be interested.

I don't have much need for a smaller coil. If I want to hunt trashy parks, I have other detectors that do it well, and they have smaller coils.

More depth and deeper, more accurate ID are what I would want. I want to find good targets that the Equinox 800 users miss.
March 18, 2020 11:15AM
Aaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dimatar is one man....solely responsible for finan
> cing the MDT and MineLab is a military contractor,
> and they do NOT like the MDT.
>
> Think about it...

I doubt Minelab is the least bit worried. The MDT is just a novelty at this point. Where it goes from here, nobody knows. Many more innovative products are just around the corner which might eclipse the MDT.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2020 11:16AM by Badger in NH.
March 18, 2020 11:59AM
Well.....if that’s the case, then why is MineLab NOT allowing its dealers to sell the TARSACCI?
March 18, 2020 12:33PM
Where did you get that info?
March 18, 2020 12:44PM
Maybe I am wrong, but it's been my understanding that there are no other options for purchase the TARSACCI then there currently are.....and that has been by design. HH jim tn
March 18, 2020 12:50PM
Jim, TARSACCI will be launching a new website this week, more information SOON!
March 18, 2020 01:26PM
Ok, thanks, Aaron. HH jim tn
March 18, 2020 02:16PM
I agree price is what is keeping me from trying the Tarsacci.
Minelab still has the market cornered from what I see.
It seems almost everyone owns a NOX out there the price of the 600 is hard to beat and you can jump to the 800 for a little more and it is a great all around detector.
If the Tarsacci wants to keep demanding that price they need to pump out some videos of it doing some great things that the others can't.

Badger in NH Wrote:
> Aaron Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Dimatar is one man....solely responsible for fin
> an
> > cing the MDT and MineLab is a military contracto
> r,
> > and they do NOT like the MDT.
> >
> > Think about it...
>
>
> I doubt Minelab is the least bit worried. The MDT
> is just a novelty at this point. Where it goes fro
> m here, nobody knows. Many more innovative product
> s are just around the corner which might eclipse t
> he MDT.
March 18, 2020 02:54PM
I'm behind with answering your questions/concerns.

First. The (nearly) only purpose of a larger Tarsacci coil is...… PERFORMANCE. aka: greater depth. Case closed. Yes, this is to include the same reasonable ID …..in concert with the added depth. Yes...… of course.,.,.,.,., there will be greater ground coverage; yet, this is of zero intent; yet, a natural side-perk.

Second = Tarsacci sales are on the rise.
Third = Tarsacci dealerships are also on a rapid rise. To include International dealerships. (I will let those dealers/dealerships: self-divulge..... as they deem time-continuum prudent...… for those that are even on this forum). The crazy thing is: Most of these new dealerships.... are ALSO preexisting Minelab dealers. They have now become (if not already) multi-line dealers. At first; it struck me as a major Conflict-of-Interest...…… until I put some (proverbial) 'thunk-time' into it. A classic unsuspecting paradox emerged. Folks that would (normally otherwise) never purchase a EQX...….. are now purchasing a EQX in concert with a Tarsacci. This is the exact opposite of what I could ever fathom. I'm still not sure I fully understand the psychological impositions herein; yet, it is real. A unsuspecting happy-marriage. Dealers want 'top-end' stuff.... that sells! (Imagine that!!!). I speculate/suspect the AQ may enter these same dealers/dealerships.

Aaron...…. I was not being sarcastic in my response to you. It may not have been the answer you were expecting; yet, a surreal & reality-check.
"Why" would I bring up the EQX on the Tarsacci-exclusive thread. Let me premise with this: The additional algorithms employed on the EQX whilst in 50-Tones.... is nothing short of phenomenal. It has got to be the most underrated, unsuspecting performance attribute on the EQX. I (personally) am more of a 'beep-dig' type hunter; yet, when multiple targets are under the coil of the EQX...… unprecedented audible AI (Artificial Intelligence) ensues. . . . . . whilst in 50-Tones. World Flagship status.
As for the Tarsacci? = DEPTH! World Flagship status. Especially in bad dirt. Especially in black sand in concert with wet-salt. Case closed.

As of right now...….. these are the top two detectors of the World.

Nuff said!
March 19, 2020 03:01AM
I have seen many videos of the EQX picking up the tiniest of gold flakes in mineralized desert sands, especially with the small coil. So, I'm wondering . . .has the Tarsacci been able to match that performance? Is it too soon to know?
March 19, 2020 11:38AM
The MDT isnt a raw gold machine....if you are looking for pickers. i was told they didnt believe people wanted to dig micro gold either so they went with DEPTH especially on gold rings. HOWEVER..... ive found it does exceptionally well on about anything the Nox finds on a beach. To me its been somewhat of a trade off as always. There maybe a slight depth advantage on micro gold by the Nox because of the various mods.......but the MDT clearly has the advantage on heavier pieces like high K gold deeper. I tested around 250 pieces of various gold ive found .... there was only 2 pieces the Nox hit on the MDT didnt.... an extremely tiny cross and a open hollow gold earring. But none of my other machines would hit on them either. Let me say again..... HOWEVER, that all changes i believe once the Nox is in the salt water again. With the requirement of the Nox to run in beach 2(significantly lower power), sensitivity adjustments, sometimes recovery speed, AND its set salt water balance thats where the MDT can have an even more advantage. I have both machines for a reason as well as still having an Xcal. But..... i have to admit ive not used the Nox or Xcal much since learning the MDT.
March 19, 2020 11:42AM
I have both machines as well. I think most would agree that the EQX is a better all-around detector than the MDT.

I see the MDT as more of a specialty machine. It performs beyond the depth ability of the EQX in wet salt sand and possibly mineralized soil on coin-sized targets.

I doubt the MDT is as good a micro nugget/micro jewelry detector as the EQX.

Hopefully, the new coil will increase the advantages of the MDT even more. I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

I wish I could be out there using the Tarsacci more, but our beach conditions have been dismal since I bought it a year ago.

I've taken it on a few relic hunts but it doesn't seem to have any advantage over the EQX in our clean soil conditions or around iron. Comparing the two detectors in the test garden has also confirmed this.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2020 01:40PM by Badger in NH.
March 19, 2020 12:48PM
Johnnyanglo Wrote:
> I have seen many videos of the EQX picking up the
> tiniest of gold flakes in mineralized desert sands
> , especially with the small coil. So, I'm wonderin
> g . . .has the Tarsacci been able to match that pe
> rformance? Is it too soon to know?

The TARSACCI is not marketed as gold prospecting machine, nor has that been implied.
March 19, 2020 01:27PM
Hello from France

may be i'am the only one who make vidéo from the Tarsacci. It 's a very good detector for the 30 first cm in wet sand.
My best vidéo with the tarsacci : 18100 views !
[www.youtube.com]

But the problem on french beaches it' s not powerful than Equinox, i'can't show it !

My last tests :
with the equinox :
[www.youtube.com]
the same with the Tarsacci :
[www.youtube.com]

The problem is the ground balance and the salinity balance. If i try to do ground balance 3 or 4 times i have never the same number !
It 's not easy to make salinity balance to

So i always use the same settings : GB : 604 and salt balance : 26
Discri : 0 sensi : 9 freq : 18 khz tresh : 0
It works with some false signals but it 's good, you can ear the différence between false signal and good target.

Of course i read all the posts, if you want to sell more tarsacci, you must show how powerful it is ! How the carbon shaft is good, the long time of the battery !
There are no vidéo from US ! I already said make videos for the GB, the salinity balance, compare the Tarsacci with the equinox !

I don't know why Tom said we will have a new tarsacci soon, and after Tom an dimitar said no new detector , no update !

I'am agree the two best detectors for the beachcombing are The tarsacci and the equinox !
If the equinox doesn't exist the tarsacci would be the king of the beach !

But in few months we could have new detectors for beachcombing : XP in france, Impulse from fisher, Multi fréquencies with Nokta makro.

The Tarsacci have his place, but it will be more diffciult if you do nothing for people know this detector.

Regards from france.

Magus.
March 19, 2020 01:51PM
Very well done tests Magus. Thanks for the subtitles. We need more videos of that quality from other people.

I need to test the EQX and MDT again at the beach. When I did my original tests a year ago, both detectors were new to me. I am much more familiar with them now. I wonder if my test results will be different this time.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2020 02:24PM by Badger in NH.
March 19, 2020 01:52PM
Magnus, there’s actually a lot of TARSACCI videos that have been posted by members on this forum that demonstrate the superior depth over the Equinox.
Here’s one them you apparently missed.

[youtu.be]
March 19, 2020 01:54PM
Here’s another.....

[youtu.be]
March 19, 2020 01:57PM
And another......

[youtu.be]
March 19, 2020 03:32PM
Tom said we will have a new tarsacci in a few years.
March 19, 2020 03:37PM
Correct.
March 19, 2020 05:39PM
Magnus - “ The Tarsacci have his place, but it will be more diffciult if you do nothing for people know this detector.”

Agreed. However .....that’s about to change.....
March 19, 2020 05:42PM
Badger...... im sure they will be, but when i do my tests i know what i can normally run a machine at there. I can OVER tweak either machine....... but i test the same way i hunt. Otherwise it does me no good to test for the known target..... tweak ..... test and tweak. When i know i would never be hunting that way. That to me is a realistic test. People always say he should have ran it this way or that way. Maybe..... but ive done enough tweaking to know what kind of works.
March 19, 2020 07:23PM
Dew, that's a very important point. Tests need to be done with the normal settings that you would use for hunting those particular conditions.

I can usually run both the EQX and the Tarsacci with maxed settings on my beaches. Rarely do I need to lower sensitivity.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2020 11:06PM by Badger in NH.
March 19, 2020 11:07PM
Magus Detection Wrote:
> Hello from France
>
> may be i'am the only one who make vidéo from the T
> arsacci. It 's a very good detector for the 30 fir
> st cm in wet sand.
> My best vidéo with the tarsacci : 18100 views !
> [www.youtube.com]
>
> But the problem on french beaches it' s not powerf
> ul than Equinox, i'can't show it !
>
> My last tests :
> with the equinox :
> [www.youtube.com]
> the same with the Tarsacci :
> [www.youtube.com]
>
> The problem is the ground balance and the salinity
> balance. If i try to do ground balance 3 or 4 tim
> es i have never the same number !
> It 's not easy to make salinity balance to
>
> So i always use the same settings : GB : 604 and s
> alt balance : 26
> Discri : 0 sensi : 9 freq : 18 khz tresh : 0
> It works with some false signals but it 's good, y
> ou can ear the différence between false signal and
> good target.
>
> Of course i read all the posts, if you want to sel
> l more tarsacci, you must show how powerful it is
> ! How the carbon shaft is good, the long time of t
> he battery !
> There are no vidéo from US ! I already said make v
> ideos for the GB, the salinity balance, compare th
> e Tarsacci with the equinox !
>
> I don't know why Tom said we will have a new tarsa
> cci soon, and after Tom an dimitar said no new det
> ector , no update !
>
> I'am agree the two best detectors for the beachcom
> bing are The tarsacci and the equinox !
> If the equinox doesn't exist the tarsacci would be
> the king of the beach !
>
> But in few months we could have new detectors for
> beachcombing : XP in france, Impulse from fisher,
> Multi fréquencies with Nokta makro.
>
> The Tarsacci have his place, but it will be more d
> iffciult if you do nothing for people know this de
> tector.
>
> Regards from france.
>
> Magus.

I can't wait to receive your machine Magus,and test it!!!!

RR
March 19, 2020 11:26PM
I can only assume your conditions are a lot different than mine. Here in FL the MDT has been the better detector. I’ve got a few hours on both the machines myself. Not every machine suits everyone in their conditions. I like um both..... but find it hard to put the MDT down. Like I told Bagger .... I set machines for testing the same way I hunt.
March 20, 2020 12:28PM
Badger is correct. In low mineralization.... the EQX is the weapon-of-choice.
Add mineralization......and the Tarsacci is the trump-card.
Tarsacci is not a micro-jewelry hunter.
March 20, 2020 08:06PM
Clarify your statement if you would Tom as to why you feel the Nox is a better choice for low mineralization please. Are you talking beach or dirt? I see the Nox advantage in the wet and dry sand for much smaller gold. But I feel for wet sand and in the water I prefer the MDT. Am I to assume in the salt water means high mineralization? Heavy or high K gold that seems to sink deeper I’m getting better depth with the MDT.
March 20, 2020 08:45PM
Salt is a mineral. The wet sand and saltwater can be considered mineralized just as some soils are mineralized.

The MDT is not as hindered by salt and/or mineralization as the EQX is and therefore gets superior depth in those conditions on coin-sized targets.

Away from salt or in clean mineral-free soil, the MDT has no advantage over the EQX.

The EQX is more sensitive to micro targets than the MDT in all conditions.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2020 09:21PM by Badger in NH.
March 20, 2020 09:02PM
I have been doing more testing between the Nox and Tarsacci. In most all the soil around here, the MDT has the depth edge when the Nox is wearing the stock 11 inch coil. IF I put the large 15" coil on the Nox, it turns it into a completely different animal but it takes that coil on the Nox, to be equal to the Tarsacci with its stock coil. I am absolutely giddy about the development of a larger/deeper coil for the Tarsacci.
March 21, 2020 02:57AM
Daniel...…. your feelings/gut/emotions ……. will most-probably be validated/justified.

Dew...….. good 'clarification' question. As you know...…. most Florida beaches have little/no mineralization; yet/rather, high alkali (hi salt). The Tarsacci shows a formidable (and measurable) advantage over the EQX. IF you were to add mineralization (usually in the form of black sand) to the wet-salt...…. the Tarsacci takes an even greater lead/advantage. Tiny gold...… and the EQX wins.
Inland dirt ……. (not the beach)……. if minerals are low...…… the EQX takes the lead. And...……. (if your ears/brain can handle it)...……. the 50-Tones A.I. conveys unprecedented audio data/performance. The EQX wins 'depth' AND 'audio'.
Add some minerals to the dirt/turf...… and the Tarsacci takes the lead ...over the VLF-based platform EQX. Add a lot of minerals...… and the Tarsacci takes an even larger lead.