Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ON THE HORIZON = MDT-8000

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: ON THE HORIZON = MDT-8000
March 21, 2020 11:19AM
Thanks Tom..... i thought i understood you but i wanted a tad more insight. I also like the info 50 tones give on the Nox. They can really make a target sound differently in size, shape and depth. Ive hunted in the water with 2 tones.....but i preferred to kind of know what i might be digging even thou .... like most i didnt pass up to many non-Ferr targets.
March 26, 2020 08:41PM
I have been lucky enough to use the MDT-8000 for awhile now and aside from the world class build quality the machine first and foremost can punch bad dirt.I have created a video showing the punch ability.

[www.youtube.com]

I have alot to say and more video to make.but in bad dirt its stellar on what it can see!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2020 01:40AM by Keith Southern.
March 26, 2020 09:24PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Keith!!!!!!
March 26, 2020 09:28PM
Keith!! Good deal. Atlas you showed back up.smileys with beer

Now I feel better about the MDT8000. . ...Great depth in your bad soil.... . . .good separation too. Being patient for your next video on the unit. Thanks for the video.!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2020 09:40PM by ozzie.
March 26, 2020 09:40PM
Carolina said....

“Not to change the subject from all the political points of view but Tom. Have we any news on the 12 1/4" ( I hope ) surf and turf coil for the MDT ? Thanks. I for one will be glad when this returns to a metal detector discussions forum.

Carolina,

Please bump your thread, we don’t want to have 2 with the same title....( ;

Aaron
March 26, 2020 09:59PM
Keith...…. First and foremost:

WELCOME BACK!!!
March 26, 2020 10:33PM
This could get interesting...
March 26, 2020 10:44PM
Hey Keith!
Good to have you back!!!
Very nice videos, isn’t that TARSACCI amazing?!!
Told you, you’d be impressed>grinning smiley<
March 26, 2020 11:23PM
I guess I need to 'come clean'.

Aaron is now (one of the new) Tarsacci dealers...… as of a week ago. Out of Aaron's pocket (entirely)…….. he sent Keith a Tarsacci. Sooooooooooooo……………….. this is to say: If anyone wants to acquire a Tarsacci (not through me), but/rather..... through someone else...… Aaron is another source. I will NOT take any offense!

To Keith: Just curious. How many units can acquire your 13" Nickel..... and...… more specifically...…. with a Non-ferrous ID?
BTW: Great video!
March 26, 2020 11:58PM
Well now that I upset everyone by accident, Tom do you have any updates on the new MDT turf and surf coil? Thanks
March 27, 2020 12:17AM
Aaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Carolina said....
>
> “Not to change the subject from all the political
> points of view but Tom. Have we any news on the 12
> 1/4" ( I hope ) surf and turf coil for the MDT ? T
> hanks. I for one will be glad when this returns to
> a metal detector discussions forum.
>
> Carolina,
>
> Please bump your thread, we don’t want to have 2 w
> ith the same title....( ;
>

Believe me I would love to but I guess I don't know how. It was an accident and I'm sorry I upset you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2020 12:21AM by Carolina.
March 27, 2020 12:55AM
Carolina Wrote:
> Believe me I would love to but I guess I don't kno
> w how. It was an accident and I'm sorry I upset yo
> u.

You could use the edit feature to change the title to say something else so that nobody gets confused. You could also change what it says in the post so that nobody replies to it. When I make a post by mistake, I usually delete what it says and just leave a period or you could say Post deleted by author.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2020 01:07AM by Badger in NH.
March 27, 2020 01:08AM
No problem Carolina, nobody’s upset.
Badgers correct just edit the title, to something else.

Thanks!
March 27, 2020 01:10AM
Yes Tom!Thanks to Aaron for the Generosity!!!

Only machine to hit the 13" Nickle is the DeTech Chaser with 10x12 SEF.running boost mode.but it wasnt a solid type dig me report.I just knew where it was and massaged it out.

Hi Fella's!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2020 01:12AM by Keith Southern.
March 27, 2020 01:26AM
Ok Dimitar was ho-hum on the brick test.LOL!!!

He said Try 2..I must admit I was apprehensive.I thought let's don't push it.Well Who am I to argue with the guy who built it!!

2 stacked brick test on top of dime.

[www.youtube.com]

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
March 27, 2020 01:28AM
Keith good to have you back!
March 27, 2020 01:30AM
Contrary to what Dimatar says Keith, I’d say that’s pretty impressive!

BTW.....I just got off the phone w him, he said “you can do 3 bricks”.....

Okay,, I think we get the point LOL

THANKS!
March 27, 2020 02:09AM
Hey Aaron..Yes these aren't Home depot bricks.These are 160 year old local Ga Clay hand fired..Full of Iron ore!!

To get through one is an accomplishment and then usually if I do I have to scrub close to brick to hear a target under it with Vlf's..To get through 2 is insane!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
March 27, 2020 02:15AM
Those bricks seem like the “common” bricks up here used in some of the old houses in the late 1800’s. Sometimes I run across fragments of them in the ground on old sites. I didn’t realize they had iron in them!
March 27, 2020 02:22AM
Yuurs may not Aaron..My Clay is red because of iron oxide.they make bricks out of them and there so strong in metallic content you cant ground balance to them.or never get it set just right..

Rule of thumb.Is all bricks are not created equal.

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
March 27, 2020 02:41AM
Carolina...…. Dimitar is still full-steam-ahead on the larger coil. One problem (challenge) has been resolved. Two more to go! And...…. the 'passion' is there!
Too early to have a release-date. BUT...… will keep you informed.
March 27, 2020 02:45AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Hey Aaron..Yes these aren't Home depot bricks.Thes
> e are 160 year old local Ga Clay hand fired..Full
> of Iron ore!!
>
> To get through one is an accomplishment and then u
> sually if I do I have to scrub close to brick to h
> ear a target under it with Vlf's..To get through 2
> is insane!
>
> Keith

Ahhh...that makes sense. So in my area before the housing boom, we had over 3 dozen brick companies around here. One of the reasons is cause of high clay content. And our soil is usually low mineralized....
March 27, 2020 09:59AM
Different bricks...for different tricks.
No two bricks are made the same:

Some bricks are made of 1-bar dirt.
Some bricks are made of 5-bar dirt.

(((Boy...….. Dave Johnson created a legacy.....with that F75 LCD dirt-graph)))!!!
March 27, 2020 10:33AM
Interesting on the bricks. I have a spot that has whole and busted bricks scattered around. Occasionally with the F 75 I recover a coin from underneath one. Our dirt as a whole in this area is (F 75) 2 bar dirt. Hey Keith, great to hear from you. HH jim tn
March 27, 2020 11:38AM
Well i just saw over on Steve Hs site that there was an MDT in Vero Beach Fl for sale on Craigslist for $1000 with 17 mos warranty. We dont see many of these being sold openly .... or at least i havent. Used detectors ...... especially well priced used detectors are a great way to buy and try a machine. Most of the time if you find its doesnt suit you you and flip it and get your money back. This one IMO is a steal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2020 10:20PM by dewcon4414.
March 27, 2020 01:40PM
Hey dew, the person selling that TARSACCI is probably going to have second thoughts or worse yet “sellers remorse” if they see Keith’s videos. Most of the reason people sell their machines (I believe), is due to not giving them enough time. I will be the first to admit, the TARSACCI does have a “language” all its own and it does take time getting used too! Many times felt frustrated w the TARSACCI however after my first battery charge, I found myself using it more than the Equinox. It reminded me of when I got my first FBS machine! I got my TARSACCI last spring along w a few others and we were kinda like the “trail-blazers”, figuring out things on our own, with the help from Dimatar and others here. I’ve always been disappointed as to the lack of dirt hunters using the TARSACCI, and even fewer posts explaining how to use it in the dirt!

Daniel was probably the first to properly explain how to use the Salinity Balance, I don’t think most people realize how important that is!

Sooo, this is the reasoning behind getting Mr. Southern on board. Keith is a WORLD CLASS hunter. Most of us know this. There’s other hunters out there that may have Keith’s skills however they probably do not have the technical understanding (and HUMILTY) to go with it. To be able to diagnose a problem, figure out WHY it’s happening AND how to resolve it, and not give up! Keith’s had the TARSACCI for awhile now and just like me was a little frustrated with it at first. However, after a few “sleepless” nights and pit bull like tenacity he figured out how to make it work in the (850-950 garbage) he calls soil down there! LOL!

I’ve actually been trying to get Keith interested in using a TARSACCI since I started loving it last some summer, however I couldn’t get him away from his DTX!!!(which is darn good machine), and his biggest concern was there was to many unknowns regarding the controls. We’ve been doing trading back and forth for years and he’s always never failed to i.d anything Ive ever dug out of the ground! I figured if he could learn how to use it in his bad dirt it, he’d share that knowledge w us and we could all benefit! Soooo, look forward to seeing more stuff from Keith and, HOPEFULLY he’s FINALLY found that “site-unlocker” that we’ve ALL been looking for! Your welcome Keith!

Aaron
March 27, 2020 01:58PM
With the way the financial situation is for many....... it may have nothing to do with like or dislike....... he may simply need to sell it. I say that because that was a VERY good price from what he paid considering he only used it once.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2020 02:08PM by dewcon4414.
March 27, 2020 04:24PM
It is on PAR when people where selling the V3I's back in the day.
A Good price would be $800.00 $1000.00 is OK.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2020 04:26PM by GreenMeanie.
March 29, 2020 02:19AM
My 'take' on Keith's findings/discoveries...… thus far:

1. The most outstanding/in-the-forefront (captured) performance ……. is the non-ferrous detection...….AND...… proper ID.,.,.,.,.,.,., of Keith's 13" deep Nickel...… in 5-BAR DIRT! (Only detector in history ---thus far--- that will do this).
2. The detection......with reasonable ID...… of the 10" deep Dime...…. is indeed impressive.
3. Keith's 5-bar dirt...… so far...… has been tackled with the utilization of ONLY (exclusively) the Ground Balance function. (Black Sand = 'OFF') --- (Salt = off). (((This keeps things simple for Keith...………………. sort of!!!))).
4. ((((If the Tarsacci was VLF...…. do you think it would perform like this)))?
5. Which segue' nicely into Daniel TN dirt. It is more 'complex' in mineralization structure whereby..... more (available) option(s) are employed..... so as to best mitigate Daniel's dirt.
6. Wooden deck with nails..... and a Nickel (and a Dime) on edge...… with detectable performance. No surprises here..... as there are a few other units that can do this.
7. I'm not fully up-to-speed …. with Keith's 5-bar bricks..... to be able to solidly comment.
8. Ability to see through hot-rocks is a major feat..... and real-World utilizable; yet, it is a little tricky. But...……at least...……. for the first time...…… it's the first-Gen of technology that can perform such. (Crude; but: functionable).

I only wish more folks would report/comment. There's a few that are forum members; yet, do not want to post (for one primary reason). Then...….. there are plenty of Tarsacci folks that never go on any metal detecting forum to begin with. Ever!
March 29, 2020 02:41AM
All I know is, I have this coming week off and if I can find a place to hunt, I am going to get some ME time in with the Tarsacci.