Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ON THE HORIZON = MDT-8000

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: ON THE HORIZON = MDT-8000
April 08, 2020 12:41PM
Why choose TARSACCI?

The MDT 8000 is the deepest metal detector in mid to highly mineralized soil and black sand!

The Tarsacci MDT 8000 has PROVEN Pulse Induction performance at 3-Times LESS costly, over the World’s top-end Pulse Induction unit!

“UNCANNY” ability to operate PERFECTLY around BIG oxidized/decomposing iron, thanks to the Salinity Balance sees through coke and natural graphite ect.

Tarsacci’s MDT 8000 patented Salinity Balance enables you with “see through technology” to unmask targets BEHIND coke (hot rocks) and heavily mineralized, alkaline, salt & fertilized soil where MOST other machines fail!

The PERFECT multi purpose machine for beach and shallow water, relic, coin and gold hunting!

A 4 Frequency machine: 6.4 KHz, 9 KHz, 12 KHz, and 18 KHz

The BEST, fully adjustable carbon fiber rod on the market! You will NOT need to upgrade to a aftermarket one!

Uses standard “off the shelf”, Lithium Ion batteries that can be replaced at any time! (Includes 2 batteries and charger).

Made in the USA!
April 08, 2020 12:50PM
Steve...….. so you don't think your neurotic psychosis is TOO terribly bad :-) ...……. Keith initially started out the video in "DISC" Mode...….and can be seen on screen in the video. Then Keith decided he wanted all to hear both the iron and the non-ferrous...….. so Keith switched over to "MIXED" Mode...……..and THAT'S the type of audio(s) you were hearing.
April 08, 2020 01:03PM
Aaron........ there are still some improvements IMO that need looking at before id call it the PERFECT beach machine. When a machine is designed for multi use ...... it cant be everything to everyone. Its going to have strong points and short comings. Such as ..... waterproof could be better. As a guy who just water hunts for the most part...... id obvious make recommendations for what id like...... but they likely wouldnt be the same as someone wanting to Relic hunt. All that said....... its still the machine im using 95% of the time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2020 01:40PM by dewcon4414.
April 08, 2020 03:05PM
Agreed Dew.

HOWEVER.......notice, the statement does NOT say the perfect “beach” machine. It says the PERFECT “multi purpose machine”, and we WILL stand behind that!

We have already proven the TARSACCI is deeper than it’s competitors on the salt beach, and at VDI DEPTH!
And...that still, has YET to be contested!

What we will say is, the TARSACCI is the BEST detector in, is RELIC HUNTING. There is NO detector out there that can replicate what Keith as already demonstrated, and if there is, for those who claim otherwise, it’s incumbent for them to PROVE otherwise!

Are you listening MineLab?

There’s a common misconception that we want to make clear here. Unfortunately the TARSACCI got off to a bad start. When it was first released it was commonly perceived as a “BEACH MACHINE”. When actually, the TARSACCI was developed by Dimitar (a relic hunter) for RELIC HUNTING! However....he’s very happy that the TARSACCI is catching on to the beach hunting community and they see the UNIQUE advantages it has, using the Salinity Balance feature, over their other so-called “top of the line” machines!

We also want to make another thing clear. The MDT is OFTEN being compared to the EQUINOX. This something that does NOT make sense to us. The TARSACCI’s Multi Domain Technology has PROVEN superior over the EQUINOX in MANY conditions as stated in my above post! And.....the TARSACCI’s build quality is BETTER than the EQUINOX.

We do realize that when it all comes down to it, it’s ALL about money and most cannot see past the fact that the EQUINOX is half the cost of the TARSACCI. Those who are using the TARSACCI,,,,and KNOW how to operate it, are looking it at from the opposite perspective. The TARSACCI is $2500.00 LESS than a GPX, and the TARSACCI has PROVEN Pulse Induction performance WITH VDI!

All the above stated really comes as no surprise to the really EXPERIENCED TARSACCI users out there who like to keep to a low profile. We get that. However, we will keep providing more information on this exciting machine, which really has opened the door to the NEXT level in metal detecting technology!
April 08, 2020 03:25PM
Holy Cow! Anyone who buys a Tarsacci as a result of believing all that hype and exaggeration is going to be very disappointed in their purchase.
April 08, 2020 04:35PM
I tried the horseshoe test using the exact same settings as Kieth and could not reproduce his results.

First I had to search through my box of horseshoes to find one that would not produce a high tone. Most of them will produce a high tone in Disc and Mix modes.

The shoe that I used in the test is about the same size as Keith's.

No matter how I configured the shoe and zinc penny and no matter how high or low, fast or slow or which direction I swung the coil from, it could not pick up the penny while any part of the horseshoe was under the coil with it.

Has anyone else tried this test? Now I'm wondering if my machine might be defective.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2020 11:11PM by Badger in NH.
April 08, 2020 04:37PM
Badger,

I’m sorry if it may sound like I’m forcing this machine down people’s throats and I don’t mean to come across that way. I’m just very passionate about the TARSACCI and it’s performance that I’ve personally experienced.
April 08, 2020 05:02PM
Badger in NH Wrote:

> Has anyone else tried this test? Now I'm wonderi
> ng if my machine might be defective.

good point
April 08, 2020 05:22PM
I don't know the back-stories on many of the people on this forum and I was wondering if I can get a little clarification on those who are working on the Tarsacci. Originally I thought it was solely Dimitar who builds and orchestrates the machine. But after reading such a HUGE response to this thread, it appears that NASA-Tom is in with development and I understand sales right from the launch. Now I'm reading the latest posts by Aaron I see the word "WE" used multiple times. Aaron... Are you also in on development and sales? Just wondering... thanks.
April 09, 2020 01:51AM
I made short video showing how I set salt balance in my soil.

[www.youtube.com]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 09, 2020 01:59AM
Aaron:

Wish I had more to report back to you since I purchased the MDT-8000, but I have been busy working, and taking care of my mom, and dodging raindrops.

I have a hard hit confederate camp in upper East Tennessee that has some pretty serious mineralization issues that I intend to take it to, soon as I get a break. Just hope the weeds and grass aren't too high when I get there.

PS: I got the receipt in the mail today. Many thanks.
April 09, 2020 04:53AM
Family’s first Greg, especially these days!

Sounds like you have just the right place and soil for that MDT. Let us know how you do in that camp and check out Keith’s video on setting the Salinity up in that bad dirt!

Aaron
April 09, 2020 06:56AM
I thought I'd seen a horseshoe test like Keith's before.
Ziggy done one [youtu.be]
April 09, 2020 06:58AM
I wonder how the MDT would fair on ancient mineralized pastures for hammered silver, is there anyone in the UK with one making videos?
April 09, 2020 07:57AM
Hello

Thank's Keith for the vidéo, i think that i never do the good GB and salinity balance on the beach, may be it's because i can't show that Tarsacci is better than Equinox. When we will can go outside and on the beach i will do new tests and new videos to compare Tarsacci with Equinox.

If someone can do the same vidéo than Keith on the beach he's wellcome.

Best regards from France

Magus.
April 09, 2020 10:36AM
Magus, Ground Balance and Salinity Balance have no effect on depth. As long as the detector is quiet, it doesn't matter what they are set at. All they are for is keeping the detector quiet.
April 09, 2020 11:24AM
You maybe right Badger....... but in the salt water something sure changes and im not certain what. In the wet sand here i run 12khz 27 salt balance (Scool smiley. But in the water waist deep or deeper that doesnt work. In order for me to get it silent...... it has to be set somewhere around 43 SB for 12khz to run somewhat smooth. Thats high...... and it surely affects something target wise. Where as in 9khz i can run around 30 SB at the same depth. Targets have a clearer better modulated and louder tone in 9khz than they do in 12khz as well. Id tend to miss more targets if i hunted in 12khz. So if targets are louder in 9khz..... than 12khz.... doesnt that affecting depth? Let me ask another question....... is it necessary to SB the way the book tells us to ..... or can it be done on fly once done in shallow water? IE......chest deep..... can i merely just slowly adjust the GB UP with the coil near the hard pan and in motion until it becomes quiet? This requirement could be a case of GB out there rather than SB as well. In the troughs here we tend to get a real high mineral concentration combined with extremely tiny pieces of anything that breaks down......kind of a gray mud covered by sand ....our version i guess of clay mud. Ive played with both..... but it seems SB quiets it much faster than GB.
April 09, 2020 01:07PM
ghound Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wonder how the MDT would fair on ancient mineral
> ized pastures for hammered silver, is there anyone
> in the UK with one making videos?

ghound,

The MDT 8000, as mentioned earlier was developed by Dimatar, SPECIFICALLY for relic hunting Roman coins amid ancient decomposing (highly conductive) iron in Bulgaria.

Their are TARSACCI users in the U.K., however like most U.S. users their not talking....hmmm.

As Keith has noted in his first video, the higher the mineralization, the BETTER the performance of the TARSACCI.

Notice, Keith is hitting a 10” inch dime and 13” nickel in 5 bar (F-75/T2 mineral gauge). Notice Keith says, only 1 other machine has ever hit that 13” nickel and wasn’t able to SLAM it like the TARSACCI.

[www.youtube.com]
April 09, 2020 04:43PM
Can anyone tell me WHY the infamous "Nickel" test was not done with a gold ring?

Because I do not want to find nickels!!! AT THE BEACH.

Thanks in advance. Dave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2020 04:50PM by midalake.
April 09, 2020 04:46PM
Nice Ziggy Video showing horse shoe.

Rememeber what I'm trying to show its not the horse shoe aspect.I'm Showing the swamping of the coil aspect.the horse shoe was the iron I used to swamp the coil with way larger iron than a zinc penny under coil at same time.FOOD FOR THOUGHT in that statement.

In England I know they have the Coke problem.one thing on the Tarsacci that could lead to success is coke is neutralized no report and see though coke ability .Maybe that would be something for someone to see happen.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 09, 2020 05:31PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> You maybe right Badger....... but in the salt wate
> r something sure changes and im not certain what.
> In the wet sand here i run 12khz 27 salt balance (
> Scool smiley. But in the water waist deep or deeper that
> doesnt work. In order for me to get it silent...
> ... it has to be set somewhere around 43 SB for 12
> khz to run somewhat smooth. Thats high...... and
> it surely affects something target wise. Where a
> s in 9khz i can run around 30 SB at the same depth
> . Targets have a clearer better modulated and lo
> uder tone in 9khz than they do in 12khz as well.
> Id tend to miss more targets if i hunted in 12khz.
> So if targets are louder in 9khz..... than 12khz..
> .. doesnt that affecting depth? Let me ask anoth
> er question....... is it necessary to SB the way t
> he book tells us to ..... or can it be done on fly
> once done in shallow water? IE......chest deep..
> ... can i merely just slowly adjust the GB UP with
> the coil near the hard pan and in motion until it
> becomes quiet? This requirement could be a case
> of GB out there rather than SB as well. In the t
> roughs here we tend to get a real high mineral con
> centration combined with extremely tiny pieces of
> anything that breaks down......kind of a gray mud
> covered by sand ....our version i guess of clay mu
> d. Ive played with both..... but it seems SB qui
> ets it much faster than GB.

I'm not a water hunter, so I know nothing about how the detector reacts to water.

But it seems that if you have to adjust the GB/SB to quiet the machine down, it makes sense that it is the conditions and maybe the frequency that are causing the loss of depth and not the GB/SB settings.

All I know is that out of the water, I'm not seeing any change in depth in relation to how they are set. Also, it says right on the Tarsacci website that GB/SB do not affect depth.

Am I absolutely 100% sure about it? No. I wish Tom or Dimitar would settle this for us.

Edit - The website says "Salinity Balance does not negatively affect detectable depth." but it also says "If the ground is mineralized, the detector has to be ground balanced for maximum performance." It doesn't specifically say depth. Performance could mean other things.

I wish we had more detailed instructions to go by. The detector has been out for over a year and we're still guessing about how it works.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2020 06:04PM by Badger in NH.
April 09, 2020 06:08PM
Midlake....I’d say because they are attempting to show its performance in dirt and what the affects are based on those harsh conditions. I can tell you here I can get a 3 gram gold ring at about 14” if that helps. This isn’t just a beach machine.... that’s what’s now being stressed. Most of us guys grabbed it up for beach hunting..... it got some good press I believe but until now not many dirt hunters were using them. Things are a changing...
April 09, 2020 06:25PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> Midlake....I’d say because they are attempting to
> show its performance in dirt and what the affects
> are based on those harsh conditions. I can tell
> you here I can get a 3 gram gold ring at about 14”
> if that helps. This isn’t just a beach machine.
> ... that’s what’s now being stressed. Most of us
> guys grabbed it up for beach hunting..... it got s
> ome good press I believe but until now not many di
> rt hunters were using them. Things are a changing
> …

Not convinced until I see more direct comparisons with gold on the beach. ALSO I need more comments on how moving salt water effects the Tarsacci. So if you know of any good vids I am interested. Dave
April 09, 2020 06:57PM
Ghound you bet me to that video i was going to post that lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2020 06:59PM by sanjuro.
April 09, 2020 07:08PM
ghound……. what is that huge coin Ziggy is using in the horseshoe video? I would have liked to see a small (lightweight) coin.... similar/like a small lightweight Zinc Cent.

Dave/midalake……. Yes. A U.S. Nickel is a VERY "standardized" test-target...… that many have access to...….even around the World. It does indeed (very well) emulate a mans gold wedding band. I almost never want to see a gold ring used as a test-standard.....because...… there is no 'standardization' to it.
10Kt
14Kt
18Kt
Size
Thickness
Height (in mm)
Weight
Comfort-fit or knurled
Circumferential linearity
Jagged design pattern

TOO many 'variables'.
I have two absolutely identical gold (mans) wedding bands. BUT...…. one ID's as a '11' on EQX...…...and the other ID's as a '14' on the EQX. The gold ring that ID's as a '11'...… presents greater depth (and a more broad-girth audio report)…. over the other ID '14' gold wedding band. The only way I can tell them apart.... is with a metal detector. Extremely identical "looking" rings.

Badger...……… In low (or no) mineral dirt...….. Grnd Balance and/or Salt Balance settings ...hardly affect performance. BUT...… if there is EMI or ground chatter (probably from tiny targets)…… than either GB or SB can 'stabilize' the unit...… making the OPERATOR more efficient.

Keith.....I STILL have not the time..... to 'properly' respond to your (accumulating) posts!
April 09, 2020 09:04PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Badger...……… In low (or no) mineral dirt...….. Grn
> d Balance and/or Salt Balance settings ...hardly a
> ffect performance. BUT...… if there is EMI or grou
> nd chatter (probably from tiny targets)…… than eit
> her GB or SB can 'stabilize' the unit...… m
> aking the OPERATOR more efficient.

Tom, thanks for the reply. I know you're very busy.

We were talking about wet salt sand and saltwater, not dirt.

I agree that stabilizing the unit can make the operator more efficient which equates to finding deeper targets.

My question was, do the GB/SB settings directly affect the detection depth capability of the detector? What I'm getting from your reply is that they do not.

Here is my understanding at this point.....

Detection depth is directly affected by sensitivity, Threshold, Frequency, and possibly Discrimination. GB and SB only serve to stabilize and quiet down the detector to enable the user to best hear the tones of deep targets.

On one hand, GB and SB have no direct effect on the detector's ability to detect deep targets.

On the other hand hand, GB and SB can indirectly affect the USER'S ability to hear deep targets in mineralized conditions.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2020 10:17AM by Badger in NH.
April 09, 2020 09:28PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:

> Dave/midalake……. Yes. A U.S. Nickel is a VERY "sta
> ndardized" test-target...… that many have access t
> o...….even around the World. It does indeed (very
> well) emulate a mans gold wedding band. I almost n
> ever want to see a gold ring used as a test-standa
> rd.....because...… there is no 'standardization' t
> o it.
> 10Kt
> 14Kt
> 18Kt
> Size
> Thickness
> Height (in mm)
> Weight
> Comfort-fit or knurled
> Circumferential linearity
> Jagged design pattern
>
> TOO many 'variables'.
> I have two absolutely identical gold (mans) weddin
> g bands. BUT...…. one ID's as a '11' on EQX...…...
> and the other ID's as a '14' on the EQX. The gold
> ring that ID's as a '11'...… presents greater dept
> h (and a more broad-girth audio report)…. over the
> other ID '14' gold wedding band. The only way I ca
> n tell them apart.... is with a metal detector. Ex
> tremely identical "looking" rings.

That is all HOGWASH. When one is standing in the same spot with ONE GOLD RING and TWO detectors the test is absolutely the same.

I could care less what a nickel does in Maine, Ohio, or a Florida beach.

Dave
April 09, 2020 10:04PM
midalake Wrote:
When one is standing in the s
> ame spot with ONE GOLD RING and TWO detectors t
> he test is absolutely the same.

>
> I could care less what a nickel does in Maine, Ohi
> o, or a Florida beach.
>
> Dave

That's how I test. I use a gold ring, a silver ring, a silver dime, and a silver quarter.

It doesn't matter what size the rings are when I'm comparing machines. They just represent typical targets to me.
April 09, 2020 10:23PM
>That is all HOGWASH. When one is standing in the same spot with ONE GOLD RING and TWO detectors the test is absolutely the same.

>I could care less what a nickel does in Maine, Ohio, or a Florida beach.

>Dave

Just because it doesn't compute with you, Sir,.. does not mean it's HOGWASH.
April 09, 2020 10:35PM
okara gold Wrote:
> I don't know the back-stories on many of the peopl
> e on this forum and I was wondering if I can get a
> little clarification on those who are working on t
> he Tarsacci. Originally I thought it was solely Di
> mitar who builds and orchestrates the machine. But
> after reading such a HUGE response to this thread,
> it appears that NASA-Tom is in with development an
> d I understand sales right from the launch. Now I'