Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ON THE HORIZON = MDT-8000

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: ON THE HORIZON = MDT-8000
April 13, 2020 05:30PM
More hunting time on the MDT.

The more iron jambalaya under the coil the better it unmask.Its actually crazy to see it happen. especially when cross checking targets with vlfs.

Here's something else the tarsacci runs quieter in heavy iron than about any high performance VLF I've used.World class unmaskers in haeavy iron can sound like pin ball machines.The Tarsacci in heavy iron is way quieter.yet sees what a vlf does not from the noise its making on rejected targets.

In other words even though you get the audio intelligence of a iron sifting VLF down in your head and do amazing things there
's still things lost in the racket.the Tarsacci sees items clean with less racket.

What I first saw as a hindrance in the audio I now know why it's like it is.You get some pinging on rejected targets but the pinging is way less than the VLF racket partial and or full on false sounds..The Sonar echoes just break through and are way different than a ping.once you learn to trust the unit the iron sites will light up with vlf missed targets.Any size and shape non ferrous is not safe in iron.

The MDT is using the iron matrix to enhance the non ferrous.I'm almost certain of this.Like it uses bad dirt to enhance targets which is crazy to see its using iron to enhance non ferrous targets and its INSANE to see.

I pulled the innards of a pocket watch out of a site Saturday that sounded so good i thought it was a piece of modern trash on top of the ground.it was about 7 inches down size of a 50 cent piece in nails and weird cut iron .I cross checked with two more units and it was so dang noisy from falsing i would not dig it I couldn't isolate it to dig it.it was in a 30 year hunt site.next to well hole.I actually had a hard time hearing once it was out of the soil in the spoil pile there was so much iron in the pile i had to move the dirt around to get it again.CRAZY TO SEE HAPPEN.thin brass size of a 50 cent piece.Iron residue caked up from the gears on the back side.

I dug more targets there too button, pocket knife end caps, melted lead, cut brass etc.I mean a dead site.People wont even hunt this site anymore its beat on to the audio intelligence of keepers is gone now.

Another thing is there's shredded roofing tin in there and its not even bothering me.!

Machine is the real deal in iron.just trust it.

I'm at the point now of I'm scared not to use the machine.Id feel like I was going backwards.

TRUST THE UNIT.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2020 06:55PM by Keith Southern.
April 13, 2020 06:06PM
Keith,
Can you elaborate on the shredded roofing tin?

Thanks
Mike
April 13, 2020 06:38PM
That may have sold me right there Keith. Thanks for the study!
April 13, 2020 06:58PM
Mike Hillis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Keith,
> Can you elaborate on the shredded roofing tin?
>
> Thanks
> Mike

Mike Tin drives my VLF unmaskers crazy with dig me hits.The MDT just sounds awful on tin in iron mixed.not a audio report you want to dig.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 13, 2020 06:58PM
There’s more where that came Ozzie, put that Stimulus check to good use!
April 13, 2020 07:55PM
sanjuro…….. Yes...… that would be "2-bar" on the F-75 Fe3O4 bar-graph.
April 13, 2020 07:58PM
Thank you, Keith,
Mike
April 13, 2020 09:33PM
Aaron Wrote:
> There’s more where that came Ozzie, put that Stimu
> lus check to good use!

Ooh, didn't think of that....I'll believe it if I see it.

Another avenue - - - I'm also going to ask RodmanPA if he wants to buy my 1021 for. . . . hmm, around 1500 bucks.......smoking smiley
April 14, 2020 12:26AM
The Tarsacci is a relic machine first and foremost.Its made to hunt in iron for roman coins and artifacts etc.

The tarsacci can neutralize coke.that is it does not report it.most machines see coke as a target and report it as a tone or a ID number. the tarsacci does not report the coke.and sees the small stuff that most machines read as coke range and miss.'s

The Tarsacci see through mineral like magic that shuts VLFs down.

The beach hunters latched on to the Tarsacci reason being it handles wet salt excellent wiht see through.

YET the Tarsacci once you ruin it you will see its a Iron site sifter/unlocker.Its DNA is handling ferrous in many forms.

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
April 14, 2020 01:26AM
I love hunting iron infested sites. I never even considered the Tarsacci to be useful in iron. I can't wait to try it. If it works well in heavy iron, I will be psyched.

My best iron hunting machines over the years have been the Shadow X2, Gold Bug Pro, T2 SE, DeepTech Vista Gold and now the Equinox. I'll take the MDT to a few cellar holes and see how she does.

I have my doubts that the Tarsacci will work as well in iron as these other machines but I will do my best to give it every opportunity to perform.

I have tested it relic hunting in fields and woods enough to know that it doesn't perform anywhere near the level of the Equinox in our mild ground. It gives a lot of high tones on iron. That's why I have my doubts about how it will behave in heavy iron.

We will see.

Edited 14 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2020 12:47PM by Badger in NH.
April 14, 2020 01:29AM
Ole Keith is letting the cat out of the bag, after some of us have been selectively quiet on purpose. We been trying to keep that cat IN the bag haha. I used to be like that; get excited and try to put people onto something new and exciting that I thought would help them in the field. But some of these people's attitudes really turned me away from doing that. They think they know everything and are willfully ignorant and smart mouthed. My attitude now is...let em be. I'm not sharing or going to try to be helpful to people like that. Now I just keep quiet over here doing my own thing.
April 14, 2020 03:32AM
Daniel-Haha I've been feeling the same way lately Funny you should bring that up.
April 14, 2020 04:12AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> Ole Keith is letting the cat out of the bag, after
> some of us have been selectively quiet on purpose.
> We been trying to keep that cat IN the bag haha. I
> used to be like that; get excited and try to put p
> eople onto something new and exciting that I thoug
> ht would help them in the field. But some of thes
> e people's attitudes really turned me away from do
> ing that. They think they know everything and are
> willfully ignorant and smart mouthed. My attitude
> now is...let em be. I'm not sharing or going to t
> ry to be helpful to people like that. Now I just k
> eep quiet over here doing my own thing.

That's how I feel these days. After trying to get TomCA to see the light on the Equinox and him doing everything he could to poo poo it, I hope he keeps his Exp2 forever - lol
April 14, 2020 12:05PM
I bought this machine for salt water hunting because i owned 2 AquaSounds. It was a machine by Tindell the designer for Nautilus detectors for Herb Mcdonald a treasure hunter here in Fl. We all know how good those machines were for Relic hunting. It uses 14khz that also had GB AND Salt Balance. GREAT machine for depth provided you didnt run into a lot of black sand. The MDT offered more freqs AND superior performance in the black sand and it is just a real overall update to Tindells machine. Ive not been disappointed Those who have already made up their mind about certain machines without even using one ..... i kind of ignore. There are those who do ask some good questions..... especially on this machine since its unique i try and answer. The machine has been a good choice for me and i tried to show my results early on.
April 14, 2020 12:24PM
I have to laugh at some of the advice that has been given on this thread from people who don't own an MDT and think it is just another metal detector. Many don't understand that it is a completely different technology than PI or VLF and different rules apply to its operation.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2020 07:27PM by Badger in NH.
April 14, 2020 11:48PM
Badger in NH Wrote:

> I have tested it relic hunting in fields and woods
> enough to know that it doesn't perform anywhere ne
> ar the level of the Equinox in our mild ground. It
> gives a lot of high tones on iron. That's why I ha
> ve my doubts about how it will behave in heavy iro
> n.
>
> We will see.

Badger when you move into the high iron machine gun is when it will AMAZE you.The more iron it can see the more it can decipher..The iron will be a false ping but not nearly as bad as a VLF.The Good will be a sonar echo report.

On the isolated iron out in the fields like nails that ping high sometimes I think a user (me included) may try to make it into more of a diggable sound than it really is..BUT once you move into a iron target heavy area the pinging becomes nothing the Sonar Echo hit becomes everything.and very easy to tell after some time spent analyzing good from bad.

The Tarsacci is doing amazing things in iron and in bad dirt.there's some quirks to why its doing it.I honestly feel the quirks is the by-product of the technology.It has to be quirky to do its magic.Now I have went through about 3 battery charges and its down to time for another charge. and I'm hooked on its audio..now its talking to me.

I've actually analyzed the Tarsacci in open areas and in iron laden areas agaisnt a T2..and the T2 falses a whole lot more.But T2 is VLF and has a different audio response from the compressed tarsacci audio and to lifelong VLF users the T2 is TALKING More understandable language BUT the Tarsacci has a Language too.I know its hard to believe but the tarsacci is falsing on iron way less than any unit I have.Till you get the audio in your head and TRUST the Audio it can seem your scared to walk away from a target.

Here's something to let sink in to users I have found.In iron the Tarsacci on the good sonar hits I'm getting give uncanny coil rotation and target stays centered under the coil.the VLFs on same cross check maybe one way and at times the falsing is so bad I cant even tell if its legitimate or iron false.

That's the eye opener.the more the Tarsacci has to analyze the stronger it gets.

If you have a say isolated or even intermingled target you think maybe its sonar hitting start to rotate if its drifts off center of coil its iron.

Air testing is not the best way to see the Tarsacci unmask in nails it needs the dirt matrix..That's one reason I showed the horse shoe and hammer head it saturates the coil then the magic starts.just a nail and a target in compromised position in airtest is not enough for the tarsacci to analyze.It needs that soil matrix and iron oxide secretions to really amp up its analysis.

Its wanting some reference point on masked items.

Its actually fun to run in iron just dont overdrive it.

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2020 11:54PM by Keith Southern.
April 14, 2020 11:53PM
For all the Tarsacci owners how does it handle wet grass ? any falsing ? and does it run ok with other detectors close by as regards interference ?
April 14, 2020 11:59PM
There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding how to do a proper ground and salinity balance. This short video should clear up the confusion. Also note how the very unique Salinity Balance feature is used to actually eliminate nasty items such coke rocks.

[m.youtube.com]
April 15, 2020 12:16AM
sanjuro Wrote:
> For all the Tarsacci owners how does it handle wet
> grass ? any falsing ? and does it run ok with othe
> r detectors close by as regards interference ?

Very stable in wet grass.Very stable in twigs, tree bumps rock bumps etc also.

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
April 15, 2020 12:30AM
Keith, thanks for the excellent tips. I have a colonial cellar hole that will be a perfect test site. I'll try to get out there this week.
April 15, 2020 12:43AM
Man, hope you find a nice GW button!
April 15, 2020 12:59AM
Here is another video demonstrating the amazing ability the TARSACCI has to not only “see through” ferrous targets, but also use those ferrous targets to AMPLIFY the signal......
Please note that in this video I have purposely kept the sensitivity on 1, to show before and after the coke rocks are over the gold coin, and the dramatic difference in audio amplification.

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2020 01:07AM by Aaron.
April 15, 2020 01:29AM
Aaron Wrote:
> Man, hope you find a nice GW button!

If I do, it will be the third one I've found, but the first one with the Tarsacci.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2020 01:31AM by Badger in NH.
April 15, 2020 01:44AM
Aaron Wrote:
> There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding how
> to do a proper ground and salinity balance. This s
> hort video should clear up the confusion. Also not
> e how the very unique Salinity Balance feature is
> used to actually eliminate nasty items such coke r
> ocks.
>
>
> [m.youtube.com]

Thanks for the video can you do the test again with wet coke please
April 15, 2020 01:52AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> sanjuro Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > For all the Tarsacci owners how does it handle w
> et
> > grass ? any falsing ? and does it run ok with ot
> he
> > r detectors close by as regards interference ?
>
>
> Very stable in wet grass.Very stable in twigs, tre
> e bumps rock bumps etc also.
>
> Keith

Thank you Keith what about interference from other detectors ? i dig with others sometimes fairly close to each other if the field is small
April 15, 2020 02:48AM
sanjuro Wrote:
> Keith Southern Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > sanjuro Wrote:
> > ------------------------------------------------
> --
> > -----
> > > For all the Tarsacci owners how does it handle
> w
> > et
> > > grass ? any falsing ? and does it run ok with
> ot
> > he
> > > r detectors close by as regards interference ?
> >
> >
> > Very stable in wet grass.Very stable in twigs, t
> re
> > e bumps rock bumps etc also.
> >
> > Keith
>
> Thank you Keith what about interference from other
> detectors ? i dig with others sometimes fairly clo
> se to each other if the field is small

I find the FBS unit to interfere if within about 10 or so feet if you dont do a noise cancel to cure it.

But it does not seem no more EMI prone than any other machine from getting interference from others.

BUT. it still could be getting silent Interference like others do also.?

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
April 15, 2020 03:06AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> Ole Keith is letting the cat out of the bag, after
> some of us have been selectively quiet on purpose.
> We been trying to keep that cat IN the bag haha. I
> used to be like that; get excited and try to put p
> eople onto something new and exciting that I thoug
> ht would help them in the field. But some of thes
> e people's attitudes really turned me away from do
> ing that. They think they know everything and are
> willfully ignorant and smart mouthed. My attitude
> now is...let em be. I'm not sharing or going to t
> ry to be helpful to people like that. Now I just k
> eep quiet over here doing my own thing.

I hear ya Daniel!

It's just the Tarsacci is to good not to talk about.Well for me anyways.Put a dollar with what I see and you can get a cup coffee at Race Track.

Its something different and doing things different and really its doing things that's not quite feasible to think could happen in the detecting world.Yeah my Excitement is wanting to share.Sort of like a guy pointing at the sky when there's a rainbow.He wants other to see it too.It's his first instinct to point.Its our human nature.Its in our DNA.

Hey man share what you can when you can.I'LL listen!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
April 15, 2020 03:53AM
Badger in NH Wrote:
> I have to laugh at some of the advice that has been given on this thread from people who don't own an MDT and think it is just another metal detector.
> Many don't understand that it is a completely different technology than PI or VLF and different rules apply to its operation.

If that was directed at me, I completely understand what the MDT is all about.
April 15, 2020 04:19AM
FINALLY I was able to log in. Hi everyone and yes Keith's explanations in FULL has let our cat out of the bag......mmmm.....at least we had a head start! Lol. Hello Keith! Yes I too would like a smaller coil for relic hunting...blackberry bushes, gorse, overgrown pastures etc.

Daniel tn......couldnt agree with you more...I too struck the same plus some.... rather demoralising to the point you become more of a recluse. Guess who misses out???? (Not us anyway) There has been very good info by users from the beginning so a collaborative effort from past and present will maybe see us onwards and upwards and forward at a faster pace.

Aaron, your 2 videos were excellent!!! I would like to add that you finding the SALT (salinity) balance figure differed from your initial paper reading is because of temperature etc, which is WHY in the post you kindly put up for me I said that each day your settings would change and not be "set in stone".

As Keith is so meticulous in his explanations, I would like to see him in his next outing to grid off an area in his iron patch and "dissect" it in horizontal layers with both TH and SENS at minimum....then like a set of scales... to increase alternately the TH and SENS in increments to eventually reach maximum.
Am sure he will find another interesting slant on the Tarsacci.

"Exploration is in our DNA".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2020 04:35AM by Coilpower.
April 15, 2020 05:16AM
Hey Teresa!

Your here,,,,WELCOME!

Glad you finally made it, we’re all happy to have you here especially us TARSACCI guys! I hope you don’t mind us bugging you for answers! A lot of us have been using the 8000 for around a year now and it seems only since we got Keith on board, have we’ve only started scratching the surface! Everyday Tom, Keith and I keep discovering something new about this machine and it’s “uncanny” ability to be able work around iron and now coke! Keith has discovered in his iron saturated soil that the 8000 actually works better surrounded by ferrous debris, the target is actually amplified! And now I’ve discovered that too with the coke rocks, however.....you ALREADY all know this...LOL!
So PLEASE....catch us up to speed! Glad you like my videos, thanks!

Aaron