Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ON THE HORIZON = MDT-8000

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: ON THE HORIZON = MDT-8000
April 21, 2020 02:47AM
What I refer to as "my yard", most would call a field. It is essentially a 5 acre field on our 60 acres. In the early days, I've dug seated silver, indian head cents, Civil War buttons and bullets. Oddly there is perhaps a whole couple eras that I've never found coins from there...barbers, mercs, etc. An older home sat on the other end of the property. It is where I use to dig flat buttons galore, blue feather edge china pieces but not much of anything else. Not had the Tarsacci over there. My uncle rents from us and has a coon dog kennel over there and those stupid dogs will drive a man crazy barking if you go over. Head phones don't block em out neither.
April 21, 2020 09:45AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On the Tarsacci it does not do well in airtesting
> nails and non ferrous together.
>
> Its not bad at it but its not outstanding either.
>
> It needs a dirt matrix and nail and non ferrous to
> see best result's.The soil becomes a binding agent

Keith, could you, Aaron or maybe another user maybe try a simple in ground test then with nails above coins?

Something like this, cheers [youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2020 09:47AM by ghound.
April 21, 2020 10:53AM
ground.....yes, I will get you a video of the 8000 replicating those exact specifications of the preceding video, no problem.
Look for it later this afternoon.

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]
April 21, 2020 11:08AM
Aaron Wrote:
> ground.....yes, I will get you a video of the 8000
> replicating those exact specifications of the prec
> eding video, no problem.
> Look for it later this afternoon.

Superb, look forward to it thanks.
April 21, 2020 11:17PM
[youtu.be]

April 21, 2020 11:30PM
We thought the TARSACCI could take the same test to another level by using a LOWER conductor this time....

Sorry I didn’t get the coil swinging completely over the target, I was concerned about getting the phone closer to the detector to pickup the sound. I’ll re-shoot another one tomorrow.

[youtu.be]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2020 01:05AM by Aaron.
April 22, 2020 01:47AM
Good videos Aaron. I especially liked the 2nd one better...…. with the lower conductor (gold coin) beneath the depths of the nails.
April 22, 2020 02:18AM
With this lockdown I’ve been reading an awfull lot about the MDT 8000.
People are saying it hits other conductors intermingeld with iron below the coil, no problem.
Runs in salt no problem.
Runs in minerals without too much hickups.

How does it handle a steel crown cap?
Just trying to figure out where it might fit in the toolbox.

HH
Johnb
April 22, 2020 04:02AM
Aaron Wrote:
> We thought the TARSACCI could take the same test t
> o another level by using a LOWER conductor this ti
> me....
>
> Sorry I didn’t get the coil swinging completely ov
> er the target, I was concerned about getting the p
> hone closer to the detector to pickup the sound. I
> ’ll re-shoot another one tomorrow.
>
> [youtu.be]

Thanks for the vid Aaron, it was picking it up good, though there wasn't much depth between nail and coin, you'd want at least 2 inch, but i think it would still hit it. It would interesting to see how far you could push this depth vs say an Equinox.
Can i ask what way your disc was set as it wasn't reporting the iron?
Cheers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2020 04:21AM by ghound.
April 22, 2020 04:26AM
The disc was set at 0.
Yes agreed, there was very little ferrous readings on the gold coin video, however quite different with high conducting quarter, hmmmm.
I’m not satisfied with the video, as I was rushed. I’ll reshoot it tomorrow along with different variations.

April 22, 2020 10:35AM
One question came to mind Aaron when you were setting up the targets - Why the perfect placement of the nails, not natural? I don't want to be a PITA but how about using the nail test template only doing it three dimensional in the dirt filled hole using several nails of different sizes. Or just throw the nails in see what happens. Is that asking too much of the 8000?
April 22, 2020 10:58AM
It would be a great selling point if you could show the Tarsacci doing something that the Equinox can't. It has been done on the beach. Let's see it in the dirt.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2020 11:03AM by Badger in NH.
April 22, 2020 11:24AM
To be fair, any machine would struggle if you threw too many nails in.
A Nickle at the bottom of a 6 inch hole with 2 nails 2 or 3 inch above is a tough enough test.
Maybe it can do better and Aaron will push it to it's limits.
April 22, 2020 11:28AM
I no longer do dirt hunting....... but i do find all this interesting. It appears we keep pushing for more and more iron testing and thus far the MDT has performed well. Is it because of this we keep trying to find its limits or are we just trying to convince ourselves its not as good as other machines we use? Personally i prefer head to head testing of the machine you THINK is better in the conditions you plan on using it. Ive got great confidence in the MDT for beach hunting.....and ive had about all the machines you can put in the water. Like most machines ..... it has its plus and minus.... and it just has to suit the user.
April 22, 2020 11:48AM
Steve...….. I think Aaron set the exact same nails...… in the exact same position......as all of the other (different brand detectors) videos...… because folks requested exactly this configuration...…. for a true head-to-head comparison.
April 22, 2020 01:11PM
Yes correct. I’m was only providing the exact specifications,(to replicate) the above video.

April 22, 2020 01:26PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Steve...….. I think Aaron set the exact same nails
> ...… in the exact same position......as all of the
> other (different brand detectors) videos...… becau
> se folks requested exactly this configuration...….
> for a true head-to-head comparison.

I understand a head to head comparison has to be = for all units. My focus is on the MDT at this point in time and ITS limits in an iron rich environment.
I, as most of us here already have a good idea of how the generality of VLF's handle themselves in iron.

Minelab units aren't a good match for me, I have a feeling this MDT may be right up my ally. I like definitive quick/fast audio responses from a unit, not bubbly fluty wth is that kind of a signal, lol.

I also am close to the Jersey coast.....closest maybe an hour away. A check for me and the MDT. Another check will be if it can outshine my f-75 LTD in iron. Understand, I am pretty good with that f-75 in iron in and around old 1700-1800's homes..not like some who pick it up for a half hour and condemn it. Another check is, the MDT is deep in high minerals. I get 2 to 4 bar readings around here. Anyway, I may be asking too much for the tech that we have.....if it fails, just back it up in increments with a less difficult test. I guess I am comparing it to my f-75 in good hands when it comes down to it. Thanks.
April 22, 2020 08:21PM
Steve...……. in my test-garden...… the F75 is almost exactly neck-and-neck with the Tarsacci. In fact, I think the F75 ousts the MDT by about a tenth of an inch (0.1"); yet, it is so hard to tell...…… because it is THAT close. But...….. the Tarsacci is substantially quieter. I have grown to like the EMI/chatter of the F75. (((And …. my test-garden dirt..... is (less-than) 1-bar dirt))). The audio language of the Tarsacci is "talkative". Conveying. Sort of a cross-between..... of Nautilus DMC2b and Tesoro (and maybe the X). Keith...… correct me ….if I'm wrong!
It is crazy for me to say this...…. but.....,,,,,,, you may see my point. Right now...… there's only 3 detectors that are BEST bang-for-the-buck:
1. Tarsacci
2. Simplex
3. Vanquish

And ALL for DIFFERENT reasons.

There is a video that I would really love for Keith to post. It is of a rusty Civil War sardine can. He (rightfully) fears posting TOO MANY videos...… for retribution fears...……. overdoing it fears...……. and (possibly) burning out the people. I'm of the belief of: "Show-Off" the attributes of ALL stellar aspects.... of ANY/ALL detectors! There are things that the EQX will do..... that no other detector on planet Earth will do. There are things that the old Gold Bug-2 will do..... that no other detector will do. There are things that the XP GMP will do...… that completely defies physics......that no other detector will do. There are things that the Tarsacci will do...… that no other detector will do. Video them!!!!!!!!!!!!! Document them.
Then SHOW THEM OFF TO THE WORLD!!!!!......for the advancements that humankind has symbiotically-collectively orchestrated.
STOP holding these attributes "in reserve". Forget jealousy.
LET'S LAUNCH!
April 22, 2020 10:22PM
Your right Tom.Come on Keith, I love your videos. They never bore me.

El
April 23, 2020 03:08PM
And I miss Dew's:
Month-of-February
Month-of-March
finds!

I wonder if Magus is finding any gold (on the beaches in France) with the Tarsacci. Once in a while..... he will post his finds.

There's a lot of European hunters (inland dirt) that are hunting with the Tarsacci. I'm very curious ….. even to just simply hear how the Tarsacci is working in THEIR dirt. None of them have posted anything yet.
April 23, 2020 04:49PM
Hello

Of course i found gold on the beach ! I have a play list on youtube about Tarsacci !

[www.youtube.com]

Regards

Magus.
April 23, 2020 06:23PM
I’m setting back and not saying much about beach hunting.... time for those dirt hunters who are active on here to spread the word. Still watching to see if ya get the larger coil out. Like many I’m really not looking for coverage with it nearly as much as the depth you might try and squeeze out of it. If I’m getting a couple of inches now over the Nox .... and that baby could get a couple of more.... not many if any machines going to out perform it. I got 3 gold for March couple of tiny pieces and a ring. Now between some issues I’m dealing with and beach closures I’ve not been on the beach. Could be a few months before I’m allowed in the water
April 23, 2020 10:19PM
Magus......Really glad that you are still finding gold on the beach with the Tarsacci! And THANKS for the link to all of your beach videos.

Dew...… Yes. It is difficult to find gold on the beach..... when the beaches are closed! (And.... nobody is losing any gold). I can only hope things return to normal!
April 25, 2020 01:21AM
One more video.

This maybe shows the ability of the machine to see a non Ferrous target introduced to a ferrous target.

I'm trying to come up with new terminology for the Tarsacci to express what its doing.We're not really talking about recovery speeds or Separation to unmask.Were talking more about true metal analysis.Like a spectrometer.

[www.youtube.com]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 25, 2020 02:31AM
Very nice demo Keith!

There’s more than meets the eye & ear w that MDT and the ONLY way to really appreciate it is to put the TIME in.....

April 26, 2020 11:03AM
Keith...….. I am months behind in responding to all of your posts...……. with the false belief that I'm going to find a ton of time.....to eventually rightfully 'catch-up' with you (and subsequent posts).
First......… I mega-appreciate all of your 'blood' that you have put into ANY detector...…….and in this case: the Tarsacci.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,. then share your experiences/findings.
Next...….. your latest video is...…. once again...….. phenomenal. I have several take-aways with it. I can tell that there is not much 'wiggle-room' for this test to perform the way you want it to. ----------- Here's the weird thing: On a very limited capacity..... I can get an old CZ platform....(and a CTX) to do the same thing. BUT..... there's one major difference. With the CZ..... I must be in 'Salt' Mode...… and heavily alter the Ground Balance (in a very narrow adjustment span) in order to achieve similar resultant. With the CTX, I must also set-up (change)….. to non-standard (not normal) setting(s)……… with the ferrous/conductive/iron zones of the CTX...… in order to achieve a similar resultant. BUT...…….(((and here's where I have a hard time explaining...…. "conveying in words"))) the results. On both the CTX and CZ...……. when the coin is under the strip of airgun nails...…… there is a somewhat increased amount of high-tones emanating in the audio report. Yet, they are absolutely/positively non-ferrous/high-tone FALSES...…..accompanied with VERY washed-out sounding audio. Target sounds that leave the operator with 'confirmed' false audio (no-dig resultant) reports. On the Tarsacci………. IT TOO...…. gives non-ferrous reports (tones) whilst coin is under the strip of nails; YET...…..BUT...……. the audio is absolutely ""preamble, body, post-amble"" = sharp, ………….,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, distinct, clear-cut, clean sounding non-ferrous "target" response. The audio is NOT 'washed-out' sounding. It is a audio that leaves the operator with a: 'dig' resultant. And THIS...….. herein...…… is exactly where the advancement lies with a tremendous 'difference' of the Tarsacci……. as compared (if we are allowed to compare TO) all the VLF platforms...…...SMF ….or otherwise. This technology is a major breakthrough...… major leap...… in the right direction.

BUT...….. herein...….. lies (yet) ANOTHER problem. How do we "teach" others...…… "how" to set up the unit for such (unmasking) performance...…… AND...…….. "what" to listen for. The technology is there...… and it is real.,.,.,.,.,.,., but...……….. as I am learning...…… it MUST be taught!!! If not..... folks will 'bail' on the "Ferrari".
(((Analogy: In the 1980's...… take away the mans 1266X...… and hand him a CTX. Let him figure out the menu's, menu's, menu's and sub-menu's. In short order...… he'll throw the CTX in the ocean...and demand his 1266X back)))!!!

Keith...…… I still feel (with legitimate justification)….. that your Civil War sardine can video is still......the most 'conveying'.,.,.,.,.,.,.,., and for many reasons.

Keith...…… your dirt clod..... and your (1 or 2) mineralized bricks...….. even in a video...…. poses a very 'clear' picture of just exactly how well the Tarsacci 'cancels' AND: 'sees through'...... bad mineralization.

Keith...…… your ability to figure out the Tarsacci (especially Salt Balance) in your bad dirt...………..,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...…………..coupled with the audio intelligence format: is the 'key' to all of your bad-dirt success.

I would love to see more teachings/explanations/experiences of 'how' to adjust (mis-adjust!!!) the Salt Balance...… so as to 'unmask' better...in carpets of nails...….in bad dirt. This is 'right at'....where the technological breakthrough resides.....on the Tarsacci. Teresa, Daniel & Keith have 'fight-the-good-fight'...…. and have "paid the dues of TIME"...…… to …...first-and-foremost: Learn the bad, bad dirt. Then......secondly..... learn the few controls (and their specific use) on the Tarsacci.
I feel I can describe (with one word): Teresa, Keith, Daniel (and quite a few others!) = PERSEVERANCE
April 26, 2020 06:50PM
Tom!

The BIGGEST thing I can say about the Tarsacci is it's NOT a VLF.And by this I mean It shows VLF technology shortcomings in I.D. abilities in target makeup and VLFs proneness to be fooled by deep big iron sounding good like a high conductor high I.D. lock.

Buried and or deep large iron on Tarsacci can be a low tone, but check same target on T2 and it's a high tone 80 lock I.D.

Deep past 6 inch Targets on T2 that are non ferrous can start to flop from low tone to high tone.On Tarsacci 6 inch is solid high tone no flop.8,9,10 and more non ferrous on Tarsacci high tones for good targets on T2 are usually just iron tone more than flip flop tone and rarely a high tone.In 3 bar dirt and up.

Ive spent alot of time cross checking targets with VLF and Tarsacci and I see that VLF shortcomings with Tarsacci are corrected.

All the videos does is show how the Tarsacci can see introduced non ferrous to ferrous in terms of say target fusion.The Tarsacci (and Id love to know as we dont really know the Technology but pretty sure it's in time domain?)Maybe is using different methods to analyze a target than just only phase shift.maybe even a decay rate and a phase shift combo?The reason I say this is it can define composition of ferrous and non ferrous and even fused targets of both were a VLF that can maybe do this but do it with having to adjust finite variable tone breaks but also can get fooled all the same.The Tarsacci can do it with out changing tone breaks.Its looking differently at targets.

VLFs rely in conductance to I.D., buried Big iron is a good conductor and reads as a high ID as it should on that technology.

Tarsacci on buried large iron seems like its not relying on conductance as much as it is metal purity.?

I've seen a pattern and dont think now its a coincidence.The Tarsaccci is much quieter in iron over a VLF.Less High tone blips by a good margin.Yet is still able to see the lowest of conductors relic wise in iron because there's more audio intelligence in terms of VlFS noise on disc'd iron.Even in iron I find the Tarsacci exceeds on telling me there is fused targets.

Fused targets on a VLF sound like a iron false place targets in nails and it really gets hard to decipher.place fused targets at depth in nails and its iron sounding.

Here's a Good target I dug Yesterday in a civil war period house. full of nails and all size iron.Tarsacci was never saying iron.ID was +22 one way +14 the other way. T2 was iron grunt iron grunt with occasional high pip and ID was everywhere.And more akin to a nail blip false.

This is a 18th century style Jack Knife with brass tangs and iron end caps.FUSED target.It was about 11 inches or so deep.sounded beautiful on Tarsacci.

I dug three non ferrous targets in this house.1 modern bullet and 2 shotgun hull's.7 pieces of large iron.Plow blades,wagon pieces with T2.Checked the targets with Tarsacci non ferrous easily heard.big iron.I could tell it was big iron by the big iron tone Vs small nail iron tone.My choice to dig or not.

I dug 14 non ferrous targets and one mixed target in this site with tarsacci.Lead.brass peweter,targets,Anywhere from 2 or 3 inches down to even shotgun hulls at 10 inches plus.Cross checking with T2 there was 4 or 5 I would of went after knowing how the T2 bounces low high on deeper tight coin size objects.

I would not of dug that knife.NO WAY.unless I was in a more dig all above nail approach willing to dig falses for a worthy site.

This is what the Tarsacci does it makes non ferrous sound good and ferrous sound proper tone.

Once you get the Tarsacci rolling in a site its very easy to pluck targets clean.and not dig your self to death on deep iron sounding like a silver dollar.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 27, 2020 01:24AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> One more video.
>
> This maybe shows the ability of the machine to see
> a non Ferrous target introduced to a ferrous targe
> t.
>
> I'm trying to come up with new terminology for the
> Tarsacci to express what its doing.We're not reall
> y talking about recovery speeds or Separation to u
> nmask.Were talking more about true metal analysis.
> Like a spectrometer.
>
> [www.youtube.com]
> e=youtu.be
>
> Keith

Hi Keith,
I tried the test with my MDT and found out the response to target under strip of nails is better when nail strip is slanted to the left.
I tried it on a CTX it sounded better. I didn't have salt mode on. I used ferrous mode on the CTX.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2020 01:26AM by Denny.
April 27, 2020 02:13AM
I find the nails strips with coin under it sound the best at down the barrel angle.

My FBS unit will hit the coin also but its negative number..

Did you slide your tone break on CTX?

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
April 27, 2020 03:02AM
Fantastic report Keith!
Really appreciate all the time your putting in out there in the field! Imagine all the other good stuff you would have found by now if ya listen to me last summer!