Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ON THE HORIZON = MDT-8000

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: ON THE HORIZON = MDT-8000
May 04, 2020 04:45PM
Teresa .Ahh Ok modern coin! Well still a dollar!!

Does the bullet have a cavity in back or solid?

the lead things on left could be some sort of slug shot for gun but not sure.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
May 04, 2020 05:16PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Keith...….. so far: What would you say (in your di
> rt) …… are your best control-panel setup configura
> tion(s)…… for unmasking in thick iron?
>
> 1. Is 18Khz your #1 "go-to" freq?
> 2. Salt Mode 'on'?

Yes 18Khz for my dirt and iron mixed, Salt always on.Try and find a freq that's the smoothest mineral handling for your soil.not really hottest for a conductor like a VLF mindset is.

Tracking off,Black Sand off,

-2 Threshold mainly.-1 or zero is an option but it really starts to chase teeny tiny stuff .It really is a sizing feature.-2 still hot on pistol balls P caps.

Sens about 7 and bump it up or down a point by site trash density.

Disc mode -30 most intelligent for deciphering signals.

Sweep speed CZ speed maybe tad slower.not slow like BBS FBS speed though,

If a person has 2 bar and up dirt and iron too,You will find targets in iron sites.And may seem eerily easy.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
May 05, 2020 03:43AM
Keith.....the verniers measure it at 9mm x 20mm with a 5mm deep hollow. This is the first time Ive unearthed this type with the three rings on it.

"The more I learn, the less I know."
May 05, 2020 01:15PM
Teresa...…. I'm thinking a early 38 Special wadcutter ….. or reload wadcutter. But...…. the length (somewhat) appears to be .35 Remington. Yet...…. all of this data could go out the window...… because I see no rifling marks...… which would be OLD black powder.

Interesting how Keith nearly never uses Black Sand Mode.
Interesting how Teresa almost always uses Black Sand Mode.
----- But if you look a Teresa's NZ black (highly magnetic) soil...… the answer lies herein.

Keith...….. In YOUR dirt...….. what is the one setting that will more-easily make your deep non-ferrous targets ….to up-average in ID? ((( I'm guessing: lowering your Salt Balance numbers ))).
May 06, 2020 02:55PM
Hello:

I've been lurking on this forum for approx. 12 years now and since I recently retired, I have no excuses left and joined this forum. This Tarsacci thread and the Tarsacci has peaked my interest. I would like to sell my nox and buy a Tarsacci but I am very hesitant because I need a bigger coil. I am primarily a beach hunter and need a bigger coil for the beach. I don't know if anyone else is in the same boat. I really like this forum because people can speak so freely. Good Stuff!
May 06, 2020 03:55PM
Hi, welcome to Toms forum!

For those that are new to the Tarsacci, it’s highly recommended that you first the learn “language” of the detector w the stock coil. And keep in mind that the Tarsaccis’s stock coil will still out perform the Equinox’s 15x12 coil in salt, black sand, mineralized environments. As far as the larger coil there still isn’t a release date yet from Dimatar.

[youtu.be]

HH! Aaron

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2020 03:55PM by Aaron.
May 06, 2020 04:21PM
I’ve never seen the need for a large coil. To me they make most machines nose heavy, they loose sensitivity to smaller gold, and in or near the water often requires you reduce sensitivity.... which means you loose that depth gain. They can be a bear to move in the water with much current. Lot more torque can also break cuffs, coil ears, or create shaft movement. I’ve noticed lately with VLFs coverage is about the only real advantage. I don’t know what size coil they are working on..... but it may well be a real improvement since this isn’t a VLF. Used to be hard to beat a 10” coil.... then came the 11... and we were off to the races lol. I’ve been impressed with this machine... enough that I rarely use my other machines.... in fact sold 2 Xcals and my CTX.
May 06, 2020 08:02PM
Tom in my dirt the Salt balance is Needed to get stable IDs but if its not right the IDs suffer.

The salt balance does not harm depth but it harms ID accuracy if its out of range.

Teresa 9mm Hmm! But seems to have lube grooves.Yet blunt nose?

I would say its around turn of century 1900 give or take.Let me study it some.

Teresa

Maybe its something like this?[americanhandgunner.com]

Or could aslo be a British counterpart gun that I'm not aware of.

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2020 10:13PM by Keith Southern.
May 07, 2020 06:59AM
Hi Keith. I think I will wait until our local gunshop reopens and give Mort the owner the headache of identifying instead of you trolling through pages to help. Ive found a few more...all different.

Those longish ringed hunks of lead to the left in photo are very possibly from a Parker Hale Enfield black powder rifle after doing some research...yet to be confirmed.

I am inclined to guess these different type black powder bullets are from the late 1800's to early 1900's belonging to some avid shooter. Trying to build a picture of this particular area from targets dug puts it into 2 seperate eras.

BTW...Kingfish.....WELCOME!!!

"The more I learn, the less I know."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2020 07:02AM by Coilpower.
May 07, 2020 10:56AM
Keith...……. good data...about Salt Balance being used to greatly enhance ID in your bad dirt. Also...…. my initial assumption was that you would (most probably) need Black Sand 'on'. You = No! Teresa = Yes! --------And indeed; iron lateritic soil IS different ….as compared to genuine black sand.

Kingfish = WELCOME! First: Dimitar is continuing to work on a larger coil for the Tarsacci. Corona Virus pandemic has not slowed him down at all...…. with the exception of 'waiting' for the California beaches to reopen (which may happen soon.....incrementally).
Second...……. I am guessing that you are not a: IN-the-water hunter; hence, your rationalization/justification of the need for a larger wet-sand beach coil. Understood!

Teresa...….. my bad! I was all zoomed in on the (wrong) multi-ring wadcutter looking projectile. As far as the 3-ring.... I do see rifling imprinted on the projectile. The 3-ring bullet does look like a older projectile.
May 07, 2020 02:44PM
Tom and Dew, I understand your concern, but I am a beach hunter, not a water hunter. This is why I need the larger coil. I need more depth and coverage.
Thanks Coilpower!
May 07, 2020 04:40PM
I remember when 11-inch coils were considered big.

I hunted the wet sand for many years with an 8-inch coil on my CZ20 and did great with it.

The 11 inch coil on the MDT goes inches deeper on the wet sand than any VLF with any size coil.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2020 04:49PM by Badger in NH.
May 08, 2020 02:23AM
Badger...… true this.
But...…. I'm willing to bet.....that a larger coil will go deeper...… even in really bad dirt. (More food-for-thought).
May 10, 2020 12:46PM
Hello

I have a problem with the coil of the Tarsacci, one ear of the coil is broken. I don't remender to do bad when i hunt. But i hunt on a big stone area, may be the coil touch a stone. I will repare like Dimitar tell me with pvc and pvc glue. I hope that salt water didn't enter in.

regards from France

Magus.
May 10, 2020 02:10PM
There is liquid plastic that is cured quickly by UV ... like FiberFix. Really hard stuff. If you have a 3D printer .... make something like we use on the Nox for ear support and epoxy it on
May 10, 2020 11:08PM
Opps!
Bump

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2020 04:04AM by Aaron.
May 11, 2020 03:57AM
It might have been me in the video. I havent watched it in a while. Bill asked me to set up a test dig so I called a friend in Brandy Station Virginia. It was while the detector was still in test mode. Dimitar actually made some adjustments to it there. It was a fun day and we found bullets, buttons, etc in a very hunted out field that I personally have gone over quite a few times. The land owner brought out his GPX and it wasnt getting anything the Tarsacci couldnt. The last time I hunted there, before Dimitar came here, I couldnt find a single target with my DeepTech Vista Gold. At that time my buddys found a lot of deep 15 inch bullets with their GPXs in an adjacent field. Probably around 40 bulllets between a couple guys. They let me see if I could hear them and I couldnt with the DeepTech. All the easy stuff was gone. You guys probably know what the dirt is like there. This is really near the depot at Brandy Station and the dirt there is extra bad. I have to wait now for crops to be out and will go back there again with the Tarsacci since I own one now.

Bob Szabo
Richmond VA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2020 03:58AM by BigYankeeAmes.
May 11, 2020 04:08AM
Hey Bob!
Looking forward to hearing your from Culpepper report when you go.

May 11, 2020 06:55PM
Magus; Dimitar and Dew are correct...... with good advice. Did you try the PVC glue fix...… or FiberFix yet? We must get you back up in support again!
May 11, 2020 08:52PM
Dewcon, I use Bondic when wanting to weld plastic together. Its a liquid, then shine a uv light on it for a few seconds. Works well so far, but have not had to try it on coil ears yet.
May 12, 2020 03:09PM
Great, more coil ears breaking. Where has engineering gone?
May 12, 2020 06:01PM
I assume you are talking in general.... I think this is the first post. This material some pretty tuff stuff and extremely light. Beach guys are a little harder on equipment....salt water, toque, sand, and banging them around on the bottom and you can’t see, and one of the worse thing leaning on the machine like it’s a third leg. Dirt hunters tend to set their machines down. One other thing beach guys do is NOT changing those rubber washers. Sand really wears the out. So we take the lazy route and just crank that bolt down. Take a good look when you do that and see how much those ears are coming together. That also wears the coil connector head meaning even more room to fill. Most of the broken ears I dare say if you admit it we do.
May 12, 2020 06:05PM
Here's a video Tom wanted me to post.

It was a text message Video so its grainy I was adjusting with settings and managed to get it to accomplish this test.a penny under a Civil war period Tin Sardine can.

[youtu.be]

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
May 12, 2020 06:37PM
Hello

I hunt on the beach since 2007, i used a lot of metal detector : XP ADX 100; Teknetics T2; XP Deus; Sovereign GT X5; Sovereign XS, TDI, TDI Pro, TDI SL, Blistool, XP orx, Aquamanta, Deepstar 3, goldquest, Minelab equinox 800, vanquish 540 and the Tarsacci !
I never broke any thing on my detector. I am careful with my detector. I can't explain how i can broke this ear coil, the 2 craks are very different, but it's like this. It could be
a manufacturing problem, i don't know.

Regards

Magus

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2020 06:43PM by Magus Detection.
May 12, 2020 08:25PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2020 09:06PM by Badger in NH.
May 13, 2020 01:44AM
Keith...… that's exactly the video I wanted to see posted. Thanks! --- Here are my observations:

Yes...….. there may be some coil height dependency that may be required.
Yes...….. there may be a particular coil sweep-speed to ascertain those results.
Yes...….. it probably will not work in every situation the Earth may throw at us..... with infinite variables.

BUT...…. what "is" strikingly evident is...….. not only is the Tarsacci seeing the non-ferrous target being introduced under the steel/tin sardine can...……. but even the ID on the penny is reasonably accurate. This is evident by several factors:
1. The duration of the audio 'length' …. is correct
2. The sharp (distinct) preamble is correct.
3. The body of the audio report is correct.
4. The post-amble of the audio is correct.

5. The high-tone is correct.
6. I speculate the VDI ID may also be (within reason) fairly correct.

While all of the results are not perfect...……. it certainly represents forging-forward technological advancements...……. in the right direction.
Again...….. another attribute of a non-VLF platform.

Magus...……… I took some extra time to analyze the coil ears of the Tarsacci…….. and they appear to be fairly stout. Yes...…. true. Things can break. In fact...…. I have 4 friends with Minelab EQX's...… that have broke 4 EQX coils. (Coil ears). Two of these EQX's.... LIVE "in" the water. Water hunting imposes many times more force (lateral/torsional load factor) …….. in particular...….. on coil ears. Have you had time yet to perform Dimitars (recommended) fix?
May 14, 2020 12:23PM
Here’s a article regarding a Tarsacci user doing quite well with his finds down in the black sand beaches of New Zealand....

[www.stuff.co.nz]

May 16, 2020 06:53PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Keith...……. good data...about Salt Balance being u
> sed to greatly enhance ID in your bad dirt. Also..
> .…. my initial assumption was that you would (most
> probably) need Black Sand 'on'. You = No! Teresa
> = Yes! --------And indeed; iron lateritic soil IS
> different ….as compared to genuine black sand.
>
> Kingfish = WELCOME! First: Dimitar is continuing t
> o work on a larger coil for the Tarsacci. Corona V
> irus pandemic has not slowed him down at all...….
> with the exception of 'waiting' for the California
> beaches to reopen (which may happen soon.....incre
> mentally).
> Second...……. I am guessing that you are not a: IN-
> the-water hunter; hence, your rationalization/just
> ification of the need for a larger wet-sand beach
> coil. Understood!
>
> Teresa...….. my bad! I was all zoomed in on the (w
> rong) multi-ring wadcutter looking projectile. As
> far as the 3-ring.... I do see rifling imprinted o
> n the projectile. The 3-ring bullet does look like
> a older projectile.

I have not had a use YET for black sand mode.

I know I had what is called the NZ coil to try out for awhile and it seemed to behave like black sand mode was on when comparing it to my stock coil with black sand on.

If you need a NZ coil and black sand turned on to boot man that's some tuff soil to punch in.Im glad you have something to tackle your soil Teresa!!

In the worst dirt i could find i used the NZ coil its 6 bars and 980 ground balance soil.solid powder red dirt.I tried the NZ coil on it and it smoothed right up over the stock coil from chirping.Yet I went and placed the stock coil on and used black sand mode and it was sort of chirpy.I then turned black sand off and turned ground balance up about 5 points higher than the ground setting to about 985 987 area and it smoothed up with stock coil enough to be as intelligent as having black sand on and standard dead on ground balance.Yet was pleased I can get by with not have to use black sand and run it straight.

So Yes black sand is very unique compared to iron oxide dirts.and the Tarsacci can handle and punch extremely bad dirt here anyway with some ground balance tweaking and still have blacksand off.

But thts not to say maybe if I was in some wet iron oxide dirt that I may not have to resort to black sand mode?

Salt mode is always on for me unless I have a low ground balance number.I think Dimitar has told below 600 salt is not working even if on.Correct me if I'm wrong Tom/Aaron?

I've started to mess with other freqs on the Tarsacci as of late Now that I'm more comfortable and settled in on the Sounds.The 6.4Khz really does punch well in iron and still sees small stuff in nails.I dug a Rail Road cuff button other day I know 6 inches deep in nails and it just slapped it hard.once out of hole I had to eye ball it to find it as the amount of nails form a burnt civil war period house was overpowering the cuff in exposed dirt.Big thing though was it read like 10 or so ID in hole before digging and out of hole and testing passed coil in air it was about 8 ID.I also found some small pack studs and and rivets harmonica parts brass knife end and small lead in this site with the 6.4Khz.Amazing to see on that low of freq.

One other thing I want to add is get a set of headphones for the tarsacci that you like.Ones that really talk to you.YOull find the Tarsacci really has alot of target info in the audio.At first i heard a beep. now I hear alot more.Sizing,Modulation,even target nuance sounds

I tried a good bit of phones that I have on hand and found the Garrett Clear Sound Easy Stow Headphones really talk to me.

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
May 16, 2020 07:11PM
Any vids of your live digs Keith, especially the smaller targets?
May 16, 2020 07:59PM
ghound Wrote:
> Any vids of your live digs Keith, especially the s
> maller targets?

ghound like me you are itching to try a Tarsacci for the hammereds lol i would have bought one by now if Dimitar had a proper shop buy it now on his website with my itchy fingers lol