Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ON THE HORIZON = MDT-8000

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: ON THE HORIZON = MDT-8000
June 21, 2020 01:49AM
Another eye-opener video.... Keith.
That sure is one razor-thin small silver coin.
I'd be curious if the Impulse can do that. Its got some different tech. As it stands...…. it looks like the MDT is the only unit that can perform such feat.
June 21, 2020 02:07AM
And....Tarsacci has even BIGGER “eye-openers”,,,VERY soon!

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2020 12:03PM by Aaron.
June 21, 2020 02:22PM
Aaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And....Tarsacci has even BIGGER “eye-openers”,,,VE
> RY soon!

Well I certainly hope That it's a new 12-inch coilI've been waiting for over a year
June 21, 2020 02:39PM
Carolina Wrote:
> Aaron Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > And....Tarsacci has even BIGGER “eye-openers”,,,
> VE
> > RY soon!
>
> Well I certainly hope That it's a new 12-inch coil
> I've been waiting for over a year

What is the main reason you want the 12” coil?

June 21, 2020 10:14PM
Honestly I would prefer a 13in round Double D coilI would like more coverage and more depth than 11 by 9 Also likeThe rod connection to be in the center of the coil
June 22, 2020 05:33AM
Scored 2 gold rings in the lake today with the Tarsacci, check the short video out........ [forums.tarsaccisales.com]

Thanks!

Aaron

June 22, 2020 04:34PM
Aaron, Congrats on the two Gold rings. I'm more in line with Carolina since I mainly hunt the beach. Bigger the coil, more depth especially now that the beaches are getting back to normal it would be great to swing a big coil. Also, Does anyone know if Tom got the impulse to test? MDT and Impulse comparison would be awesome..Just saying..Hint Hint
June 22, 2020 05:17PM
Not that I’m aware of .... but Steve H does. Though he’s experimenting using the MDT for some nugget hunting. I believe he’s waiting on a new cable for the AQ then will be back up and running.
June 22, 2020 05:56PM
Little video I did of the Tarsacci on the nail board test.I am using a small token that reads about 8 on the tarsacci.

[www.youtube.com]

I'm using the salinity balance to slightly desensitize the iron!!!!!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2020 06:10PM by Keith Southern.
June 22, 2020 11:41PM
Ok I’m waiting on that larger coil too. Hunted a beach today that one of the better local hunters and a couple of friends hit for 6 hours yesterday. Had two in front of me today. I asked him who was on pull tab detail this week..... he said not me I got almost none. I must have dug a couple of dozen.... some nickels... foil... corona caps ... and several small earrings to include 1 gold one. The MDT will get down there to the deep stuff. NOW ... with a 12” coil can he get us even more depth?
June 23, 2020 12:14AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Little video I did of the Tarsacci on the nail boa
> rd test.I am using a small token that reads about
> 8 on the tarsacci.
>
> [www.youtube.com]
> e=youtu.be
>
> I'm using the salinity balance to slightly desensi
> tize the iron!!!!!!
>
>
>
> Keith

Amazing video Keith, 3 big rusty nails under the 11x8 coil at once.
MineLab, FTP any comment???

[
forums.tarsaccisales.com]
June 23, 2020 01:27AM
Kingfish Wrote:
> Aaron, Congrats on the two Gold rings. I'm more in
> line with Carolina since I mainly hunt the beach.
> Bigger the coil, more depth especially now that th
> e beaches are getting back to normal it would be g
> reat to swing a big coil. Also, Does anyone know i
> f Tom got the impulse to test? MDT and Impulse com
> parison would be awesome..Just saying..Hint Hint

Thanks Kingfishthumbs down, appreciate it!

Question for the Tarsacci beach guys, actually 3.

What is most important to you, a) coverage or b) depth?

What kind of depth do you (think) your getting on a 2 gram ring?

And what kind of minerals on your beach?

Just specific answers please...... a or b, depth & minerals.

Thanks

Aaron

June 23, 2020 02:31AM
Looks like this thread is really 'coming alive'..... again. Many things to say:

Keith...…. yet ANOTHER stunning video capture. I hardly know what to say. I'm not even sure my XP GMP would unmask that tiny CW token/coin. I'm doing EVERYTHING I can...… to NOT "brag" about the unique technology of the Tarsacci; yet, these videos ……. are really painting a well-rounded picture. It's kinda obvious...… the Tarsacci is going 'beyond' SMF. It kinda hurts...… that some Mfr's are almost (or just coming) onboard with SMF...…..when...…………………. technology has already advanced past/beyond SMF. (((Yes...… there's still room to advance some more ….with SMF))).

Aaron..... congrats!!!!….. on those two gold rings. Euphoric feeling when you find 2 golds..... in the same day!

Hey Cliff & Dew...… I did some more saltwater depth testing with the MDT today. I'm finding near-zero depth loss IN the saltwater.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,., to include: rapidly moving water. It looks like the only difference that may be encountered.....is...… the coil sweep-speed is at a much slower rate whilst IN the water. This slower coil sweep-speed (prohibitive hydrodynamics) can show some very small deltas. Today …. I had found several deeper targets in the water (of varying conductivities)….. that allowed me to test/play/analyze/data-collection: 'varying conditions' performances. This also explains/validates "why" I'm finding so much more targets in the water..... than ever before. ((( I never realized just how performance-inhibiting 1.) coil submersion in saltwater ….. 2.) 'moving' saltwater...… can kill performance on a VLF platform . , . , . , . , . , to include SMF. )))

Kingfish...… no. I do not have a AQ/Impulse. Rick offered to sell me one at full retail price; yet, Carl is genuinely a man-of-his-word..... and I'm sure will come through.... with sending me one. . . . . . as he has so (publicly...………. multiple times) stated. Mike Scott is also a man-of-his word. Not to worry.
Kingfish asked...…. yet, I have new data to share with all Tarsacci owners: A few months ago..... I reported that Problem-1 with the advancement of creating a larger Tarsacci coil..... was tackled. I (now.....as of recent) …. can report that Problem-2 with creating a larger coil ….. has also been tackled. Only Problem-3 remains. It's (deeply/heavily) 'in-works'. We are also doing everything we can to NOT have the coil wearing a $600 price tag.

TO ALL TARSACCI BEACH HUNTERS. It has taken me quite some time; yet, I will spare you all of the details...… and simply get to the nuts-and-bolts. Along nearly all of the Eastern Seaboard of the United States...…. I have found (on average)……. a Ground Balance of 637...… to present the best stability ….. on the wet-slope saltwater beach. This is whilst in 9-Khz. Since the bulk of the Eastern Seaboard of the US has very little minerals...… Ground Balance truly suits no function. Soooooooo…….. instead of using the Ground Balance function to balance out minerals...….. I have been experimenting with utilizing (employing) the Ground Balance function..... for something much more non-traditional. That being: Enhanced stability...……(so I can run Sens higher; and Thresh lower..... giving even greater performance). 637 …. appears to be the magic number. (((In the past...… I had just simply placed Ground Balance on '600'...… and left it alone))).
Whilst performing all of this testing..... I have also discovered: running Salt Balance exactly on que...…. or...…. 1-point higher.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,., the Tarsacci presents best audible stability. Here in Florida..... my beaches Salt Balance at 32 (sometimes 33)…… whilst on 9-Khz. Sooooooo……. by running Salt Balance at 33 or 34..... will present best performance and stability. This is...… on the wet-slope. IN the water...… things change! Dew (and Cliff/Tom/Larry) can educate you with dramatic (unsuspecting) data.
June 23, 2020 04:22AM
Hello From France

I would like to thank's Dimitar, i recive a new coil warranty repair. Of course i read all the posts, i try to improve how i use the Tarsacci and do my best to make a good ground balance and salinity balance. I will make new vidéo and new tests soon.

Best regards from France

Magus.
cdv
June 23, 2020 08:36AM
Tom, good to hear you have validated what Dew and I found in the water with the Tarsacci. No apparent loss of depth and when compared to the ML we found they lost approximately 1-2 inches in the water. This machine is really hard to put down as a salt beach and water machine!

Cliff
June 23, 2020 09:29AM
Magus Detection Wrote:
> Hello From France
>
> I would like to thank's Dimitar, i recive a new co
> il warranty repair. Of course i read all the posts
> , i try to improve how i use the Tarsacci and do m
> y best to make a good ground balance and salinity
> balance. I will make new vidéo and new tests soon.
>
> Best regards from France
>
> Magus.

I can't wait to see those finds!!!!Magus

RR
June 23, 2020 10:23AM
To put what Cliff said in perspective........ on that 3 gram ring again in the wet sand........with the Nox 12".... the MDT 14"......... in the water Nox 10"... MDT 14"... THAT is significant depth. I read a post by a guy talking about the Nox in the surfs edge...... he was loosing targets until the water moved off the coil. I tested that and i agree the calmer the surf the less that happened...... but, ive not noticed it with the MDT. Slower for me Tom, means less filtering in the water. I slow down when i want to catch some smaller gold.....but i do get better depth with a bit faster sweep. I move my coil more like paints.......slow enough but touching the sand. To fast i notice i forget to pay attention just how high my coil gets out there.

Interesting on that GB..... ive been running 567.....it seems the closer i am to the hard pan... which can be that grayish mud which is highly mineralized, the more chatter i may get. Fluffy sand ..... its mighty quiet. I normally run SB at 30 in 9khz, not certain what Cliff runs, but when i feel i get to much chatter for how im hunting i will but that up to as high as 33. Like you said a lot depends on coil sweep and bottom here in the Gulf.

Aaron.....ok..... so WHAT is the big surprise you havent told us all???
cdv
June 23, 2020 06:05PM
Ok, MDT users....it is so easy to learn a machine and then forget things about it..... today my machine sounded so different and I just couldn't figure it out ...looking at the screen I see tracking on and Black Sand on (normally off for me).....didn't think that was causing my problems. When swinging the coil in the water "into deeper water" or when a wave would go over my coil, I could hear the deeper salt water over the coil....Ground balance was ok, but I tried changing it with no help.... Salt Balance was ok yet I tried changing it and no help either. Finally got the tracking off but couldn't "remember" how to turn off Black Sand.. Kind of felt useless out there not knowing how to do it but finally I figured it out....Now the machine works as it did previously....

Yeah, a bit winded and not very sensical but the real reason is if your MDT sounds like a light saber when in the water, check to see if you have BS enabled......it could clear up your problem with the MDT in salt water!

Cliff
June 23, 2020 06:53PM
I just get the hint a lot of people are trying to use disc in the salt water. My machine rarely changes setting in AM. Like the Xcal there is more information and power that can be used in AM and it’s more stable. It takes those pings and pongs of mineral falsing if ran hot to a simple fast pop. There also is far less modulation and a higher gain to the tones. Once that coils in the water you don’t get nearly the affect from EMI/minerals either. Take advantage of this AM power in the water.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2020 09:49AM by dewcon4414.
June 24, 2020 05:07AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:

> Keith...…. yet ANOTHER stunning video capture. I h
> ardly know what to say. I'm not even sure my XP GM
> P would unmask that tiny CW token/coin. I'm doing
> EVERYTHING I can...… to NOT "brag" about the uniqu
> e technology of the Tarsacci; yet, these videos ……
> . are really painting a well-rounded picture. It's
> kinda obvious...… the Tarsacci is going 'beyond' S
> MF. It kinda hurts...… that some Mfr's are almost
> (or just coming) onboard with SMF...…..when...…………
> ………. technology has already advanced past/beyond S
> MF. (((Yes...… there's still room to advance some
> more ….with SMF))).

You said alot Tom!!

New tech is here and Yes Technology has moved forward!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
June 24, 2020 10:55AM
I'm doing everything I can …. to NOT sound like a pushy used-car salesman.

But.....this new technology is revolutionary; breaking old (long-term) plateaus, opening up new doors....and reopening old doors.
June 25, 2020 08:42AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> NASA-Tom Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > Keith...…. yet ANOTHER stunning video capture. I
> h
> > ardly know what to say. I'm not even sure my XP
> GM
> > P would unmask that tiny CW token/coin. I'm doin
> g
> > EVERYTHING I can...… to NOT "brag" about the uni
> qu
> > e technology of the Tarsacci; yet, these videos
> ……
> > . are really painting a well-rounded picture. It
> 's
> > kinda obvious...… the Tarsacci is going 'beyond'
> S
> > MF. It kinda hurts...… that some Mfr's are almos
> t
> > (or just coming) onboard with SMF...…..when...……
> ……
> > ………. technology has already advanced past/beyond
> S
> > MF. (((Yes...… there's still room to advance som
> e
> > more ….with SMF))).
>
> You said alot Tom!!
>
> New tech is here and Yes Technology has moved forw
> ard!
>
> Keith

Keith, when you get them hammered do me a big favour and do some in ground tests where the coin is say at 6inch and a nail above and to the side at 3 inch. That would really be relevant to my everyday detecting
Much appreciated if you could.
June 25, 2020 12:21PM
ghound, do you want that ground wet and the nail submerged in water over night also?

Aaron

June 25, 2020 01:00PM
Cliff...….. that "set-it-and-forget-it" does NOT work for me.... either!!!!
On some detectors..... I have to take a photo of the LCD faceplate control settings.....,,,,,,so..... the next time I use the detector...….,,,,,,then (and only then) do I get the 'warm-fuzzies'!!!
June 25, 2020 01:32PM
Just whatever mate, test the heck out of them, gives folks this side of the pond and idea of whats what.
Aaron Wrote:
> ghound, do you want that ground wet and the nail s
> ubmerged in water over night also?
>
> Aaron
June 25, 2020 01:41PM
We have no problem with that.

We are still waiting for a response from you and your mates regarding Keith’s nail board video?

If anyone should be concerned about iron it you guys with thousands of years of human habitation.

If MineLab and FTP or any other company out there has ANYTHING in production that can have a coil over 3 big rusty nails and still hit a low conductor, let’s see it!

[youtu.be]

June 25, 2020 02:31PM
To be honest i would be looking the MDT for detecting deep in old pasture, so the nailboard tests don't really interest me as much as there on the same plain, with the coil almost touching to get a response.
Coins in ground with iron above and around them is more what i deal with.
Certainly i can see the benefit of the test for fresh plough or worked ground where there's a chance of a good coin being thrown to the surface, but there's loads cheap fast detectors out there for that job, and if you miss a few finds this year, you'd get them next year when the grounds ploughed again.

Aaron Wrote:
> We have no problem with that.
>
> We are still waiting for a response from you and y
> our mates regarding Keith’s nail board video?
>
> If anyone should be concerned about iron it you gu
> ys with thousands of years of human habitation.
>
> If MineLab and FTP or any other company out there
> has ANYTHING in production that can have a coil ov
> er 3 big rusty nails and still hit a low conductor
> , let’s see it!
>
> [youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2020 08:47AM by ghound.
June 28, 2020 07:14AM
Hello From France !

For the first time for me the Tarsacci is better than Equinox 800 !
Thank's to Dimitar for this coil.

[www.youtube.com]

Choose the french subtitles and ask to Youtube to translate in english.

Magus.
June 28, 2020 05:38PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2020 05:42PM by dewcon4414.
June 28, 2020 10:32PM
Magus. You got it!!! Now THAT'S more like it! Your results are the same as what I see, experience, get.... here in Florida. Many others around the World are seeing the same performance that you show in your video. I'm really happy/glad that you are experiencing: per engineering design intent.

It looked like you had Black Sand 'on'. Did you have Black Sand 'on'? I would think you would get better performance with Black Sand 'off'. BUT...…. you may have already tested this!
Were you on 18Khz? Or 12Khz?

Where you will see an even bigger performance gain is...…. IN the water. The Tarsacci does not lose any depth performance IN the water. Other detectors DO lose a lot of depth/performance and ID... in the water.

Thanks for taking the time to do this video...… and post it!