Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ON THE HORIZON = MDT-8000

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: ON THE HORIZON = MDT-8000
July 17, 2020 04:14PM
Well if you are hinting towards the "minelab nox leaks" I run mine under water for hours on end and no leaks so far.
I assume if the Tarsacci was used improperly it would leak too.
Plus you haven't sold near the number Minelab has so of course there will be more complaining about leaks.
I still think the Tarsacci is interesting but come on stop with the smoke and mirrors.

Aaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As per the online manual: [tarsacci.com]
> /
>
> Yes. The MDT 8000 is IP68 rated. This means you c
> an submerge the detector in the water up to 1.5m f
> or up to 30 minutes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2020 04:15PM by GreenMeanie.
July 17, 2020 04:37PM
Dew-They do vary a bit depending on frequency but I like 18 KHz and those settings are for that frequency.
July 17, 2020 05:08PM
For me ..IN the salt water I find 6.5 and 9khz runs the smoothest and tones seem clearer. Maybe we are wrong but running 12 and 18 out there waist deep where you are nearer the hard pan takes those same SB digits in the 40s to make um huntable. I believe our concerns just because we are looking for gold are..... what can we miss with those high settings? I’m also a little confused about the SB not kicking in until GB 600. I run 560ish and can clearly tell if I need to bump up the SB depending on how much noise the hard bottom makes. Since a digit or two works and quiets it right down.... I don’t get the GB 600?
July 17, 2020 05:18PM
Dew I think it still works but its not needed if your in Soil.If your in Salt water and ground balance is below 600 I could only surmise you still need it on to smooth up the over abundance of salt.

less than 600 GB soil inland would be more benign and probably see no benefit of the Salt being on.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
July 17, 2020 10:01PM
July 18, 2020 11:51AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> [patents.google.com]
> en

Like reading a children's book, See Spot Run. .. .NOT! .. . .... . Brainiac's, these guys/gals.
July 18, 2020 09:12PM
Carl read through it here while back.

Sort of easier to understand the gist.

[www.detectorprospector.com]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
July 19, 2020 10:11AM
Keith, maybe i misunderstood ...... but i think the statement was made that the SB doesnt work if the GB is below 600. Ive not found that to be true here in the salt water. IF it is a fact then do i need to adjust the GB higher managing chatter rather than the SB? If either is adjusted to high surely im loosing sensitivity to smaller gold as either goes UP while working with a 9 khz freq.
July 19, 2020 01:10PM
Dew, you probably had heard that from me. Dimitar told me SB is activated at 600. However, there’s a few things about the MDT that Dimitar does not give definitive answers on. For example, the Black Sand feature. It’s one of those things that may or may not work depending on your type of mineralization, salt, iron, graphite, alkali content, EMI, ect. Dimitar didn’t want to have to write all these these things into the online manual and cause confusion. Instead, he wants the user to experiment on their own and find out what works best in their area and ground.

Keith and I have talked about this over and over, and we sincerely believe that there’s A LOT things about the MDT that Dimitar does not disclose (when asked specific questions) due to the nature of “intellectual property” protection.

Also, the hybrid technology of the MDT is so different & new, it’s able to do things that are contrary to what we’ve ever seen performed on any metal detector before. And some of these things even surprise Dimitar! So most of the time you ask Dimitar how certain features work in conjunction with certain variables, his response usually is: “Well, try it out and see, let me know how it goes...”

Aaron

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]
July 24, 2020 12:53AM
Folks in foreign countries acquiring Tarsacci.
Note additional charger and or adapter may be required.
[www.detectorprospector.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2020 12:54AM by tnsharpshooter.
July 24, 2020 12:55AM
They already know.....

July 24, 2020 01:48AM
Aaron Wrote:
> They already know.....
>
> [forums.tarsaccisales.com]
> -testing-uk

Aaron,
Some folks may see this detector on this forum or another forum and not the Tarsacci site.
And common sense tells me when someone drops over 1500 American $$$ they want to use the detector when they get it. Have all needed on hand to get detector up and running.

Seems gent who posted in link above didn’t know he needed a charger.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2020 01:51AM by tnsharpshooter.
July 24, 2020 01:51AM
It was on Rogers first,...

[rogers-relics-uk.com]

That’s why we shipped Dave H. the batteries CHARGED.

Each battery has an average of 20-30 hrs on it, plenty of time too get the charger!

Thanks!

Aaron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2020 02:38AM by Aaron.
July 25, 2020 01:38PM
Whose site is this?
[www.tarsaccisales.com]
Question.
It states all other things being equal - all Tarsacci modes have same depth.
Is this true?
If so, this would be considered definitely something new, right?
Meaning disc mode for example has equal depth to AM in all ground (mineralization levels).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2020 01:39PM by tnsharpshooter.
July 28, 2020 05:51PM
I MUST set the record straight!

On the Tarsacci….. (for example)…….
When the "Black Sand" icon is blackened …….,,,,,,,,,...……. this means "Black Sand" is ON.
When the "Black Sand" icon is 'clear'..... (((but you can still read the letters/(words) for "Black Sand")))...… then "Black Sand" is OFF

When "Tracking" is completely blackened...…. then "Tracking" is ON
When "Tracking" is a clear icon/window...…… then "Tracking" is OFF

Same with SALT !!!!

I'm stating all of this for a reason. Some folks think that a blackened icon...… means the wrong thing!
July 28, 2020 06:18PM
One more thing. Keith has (more than) alluded to this...……...sooooo………… I'm a bit compelled to let (some more) of the cat out of the bag. (((Calabash's deep concern has prompted this))).

Calabash is concerned about:
What set-up do I use for this?
What set-up do I use for that?
Which freq should I use for this?
Which freq should I use for that?
I use this freq for "THIS"...…. but now "THAT" is gone!?
I use that freq for "THAT"...… but now "THIS" is gone!?

How could you NOT have these questions/concerns!!!
On the EQX...…. you simply use Park Mode-1 on "Multi" ……. and you GET IT ALL!

REDEMPTION: (discovered......and alluded.... by Keith). Keith had the (major) concern......that...….if he used 18Khz on the Tarsacci..... he would miss high conductors (ie….silver). If he used 6Khz...…. he would miss low conductors (ie...gold).
Since then...…. it has been discovered: This is (for the most-part) NOT true. (((On a VLF..... this would.... most CERTAINLY.... be 'true' !!!))). But...…………….. what HAS been discovered....is...…………. Frequency selection has MUCH more to do with "bad dirt punch"....,,,,,,, rather than: ""Which freq is best for 'which' (low/high) conductors"". The World has tons of variable dirt. The Tarsacci has 4 frequencies (((4 opportunities))) to combat/compensate for most all dirt conditions...…… plus...….. other options (ie Black Sand, Salt Balance, Ground Balance)….. to boost performance ...even further.
July 29, 2020 07:27PM
Alright seems Tarsacci unit users have experienced few malfunctions to date.
Some folks units are coming out of 18 month warranty period.

So, how about some estimated repair costs for out of warranty units.

Like if coil goes bad.
Worst case scenario cost to repair problem caused by faulty whatever in control head.

Some folks may find this info helpful in their purchasing decision.

Need to add here. Notice warranty is transferable. If a person buys a used unit from a person (unit is still under warranty) what do they need do to ensure their warranty is honored later on if a problem comes about?
For example does owner of bought used unit again register unit? Using their name.
Call Tarsacci to let them know?
Or does nothing need to be done?

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2020 03:17AM by tnsharpshooter.
July 30, 2020 01:32AM
Why only 18 months warranty?----I thought all current detectors carried at least a 2 yr. warranty.
July 30, 2020 01:34PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> Why only 18 months warranty?----I thought all curr
> ent detectors carried at least a 2 yr. warranty.

NOPE.
July 30, 2020 04:54PM
NOPE what????---Name the current (new) detectors that doesn't carry a 2 year warranty.---midalake Wrote:
> D&P-OR Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Why only 18 months warranty?----I thought all cu
> rr
> > ent detectors carried at least a 2 yr. warranty.
>
>
> NOPE.
July 30, 2020 05:08PM
NOPE, everything! All detectors do not have a 2yr plus warranty. The MDT has an 18 month warranty. Others??? I don't know.
July 30, 2020 08:26PM
Truth be known...…. if ANYTHING goes wrong with ANYBODY's MDT...…... that's beyond 18-months…. we MUST know! Let us know! We're most probably going to cover you anyway! We need this data...… for whatever future engineering enhancements. Yes...... you are officially 'out-of-warranty'.........and......... at this point......... I'm not sure how long we will carry this sentiment........ but......... we've got-your-back.

((( Dew.... you are excluded from this.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,. because you have 197 YEARS of equivalent wear-n-tear on your unit. )))

Fortunately........ there have been few problems. But...... yes. There have been a few problems.

((( Dew.......................... just kidding!!! )))
July 30, 2020 08:39PM
That go’s for Cliff too!!!! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

July 30, 2020 08:41PM
Tom if it can break... or even shouldnt I can do it lol. Water hunting is just hard on even the best of machines. Only guy that ML said....you hunt to much with the stuff I broke for them. By the way... the Xcal has 1 year warranty and is in the same price range... before our mods.
August 02, 2020 01:04AM
Link talking of new Tarsacci dealer in Georgia.
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

Dealer's site
[northgeorgiarelics.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2020 01:07AM by tnsharpshooter.
August 07, 2020 02:34AM
Ok, finally for second Tarsacci unit. What was supposed to be a 2 day pony express turned into a 5 or 6 day.
Anyway started playing with unit again.
Will show my results, thoughts, comparisons here in this thread.

So here is one video - short.
Experimenting with salt setting on vs off. This video done in 2 bars ground - F75.

Enjoy.
[m.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2020 02:35AM by tnsharpshooter.
August 07, 2020 01:04PM
Good capture David!
If anything....... this clearly demonstrates a 'difference' between SALT "on" .... and SALT "off". And........... it is this 'difference' that can be a night-and-day performance delta scenario for the real-World..... on a real hunt.

What the heck went wrong with U.S.P.S. 2-Day Express delivery!?!?!?
August 07, 2020 04:17PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Good capture David!
> If anything....... this clearly demonstrates a 'di
> fference' between SALT "on" .... and SALT "off". A
> nd........... it is this 'difference' that can be
> a night-and-day performance delta scenario for the
> real-World..... on a real hunt.
>
> What the heck went wrong with U.S.P.S. 2-Day Expre
> ss delivery!?!?!?

Trump put a "political donor friend" with no post office experience, as Postmaster General. Ya I know, what could go wrong?
August 07, 2020 04:30PM
Tnss, with salt mode on the audio sounds like it's being restricted,retarded, delayed or clipped, in a bad way, it sounds more alive and instantly reactive without salt mode.
I'd be curious, if that shell was a couple of inches deep, would the MDT alert you to the target first sweep vs another detector?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2020 04:32PM by ghound.
August 07, 2020 08:17PM
ghound Wrote:
> Tnss, with salt mode on the audio sounds like it's
> being restricted,retarded, delayed or clipped, in
> a bad way, it sounds more alive and instantly reac
> tive without salt mode.
> I'd be curious, if that shell was a couple of inch
> es deep, would the MDT alert you to the target fi
> rst sweep vs another detector?

Can't say what is happening inside detector using salt option. Will do more test and show here, many more.

So, here's another video.
Tarsacci could miss hoard or large group of coins especially higher conducitive. Odds wise lower freq would give better odds of not missing.
Is EQX 800 using multi freq better option?
Check out the video and see.
[m.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2020 08:18PM by tnsharpshooter.