Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ON THE HORIZON = MDT-8000

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: ON THE HORIZON = MDT-8000
August 07, 2020 10:12PM
ANOTHER interesting 'capture'....... for folks to glean!
August 08, 2020 09:35AM
There's a wtf moment. Thanks for that, tnss David.
August 08, 2020 11:07AM
I also discovered the same thing a while back when comparing both detectors. It was a real eye opener thinking that you could walk right over a cache and not know it. One thing I noticed though, if you tip over the stack of coins, the problem disappears. So it's only on tightly packed coins or large pieces of solid silver that the detectors have trouble.

Isn't that weird how the two Davids, one from the states and one from England both have difficulty pronouncing the word Tarsacci and they both pronounce it exactly the same way. smiling smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2020 04:45PM by Badger in NH.
August 17, 2020 01:55AM
In case folks are wondering. Not much use of the second Tarsasci unit by me yet. Have got sidetracked trying to bag big deer. I will eventually use more and share some info.
Besides rain galore here.
We have had thus far in August around a foot of rain. Maybe a little more.

Cheers.
August 17, 2020 05:46PM
David, will take a little of your rain over this way. July and Aug quite dry here so far. HH jim tn
August 17, 2020 11:50PM
Deer hunting season doesn't last long. Prioritize THAT!

BUT....... let us know how you do....on both fronts!
August 21, 2020 12:18AM
So I’ve been watching the AQ... there appears we may have to buy both coils along with the the production model price. So if only the small coil works in the water... what kind of depth will it loose? I guess we don’t know if the fix is the small coil... hopefully not. If Demitar gets us the 12” coil ... the MDT might be as gold. I think we need that coil... because we have good TID and depth in the water now. I think the price tag might be better too.
August 21, 2020 01:02PM
The 12” coil should be out by the end of the year.

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2020 01:23PM by Aaron.
September 07, 2020 09:51PM
Ive not been able to detect much the past couple of months and taking it easy still for a few more weeks. But i got out today for a 6 hour hunt. The beach was so sanded but very crowded.....still people were just all over the place out there so it required a lot of swinging. 4 others out there today and they said its been hit pretty hard this weekend. I did notice last week few people with the kids going back to school. Very shallow troughs made by wave but i didnt notice any spots holding anything but light weight targets and floaters. The machine is still doing a really good job at find deep targets being missed. One of the hunting guys it seems got all the sunglasses today 6 pair i think he said. They have been kind of having a contest laughing about all the glasses being found this year ....... i mean a crazy amount these guys are finding. But we have been light on the gold finds. I managed to find about $3 in change with a surprising amount of nickels. Just a beauty of a day out there thou.......92 sunshine light waves. I was running the same as always.....AM 0 threshold, sensitivity 9...... and today was what i call a clean the beach day.... dig what ever beeps no disc. Got a limited amount of trash.... and you could tell which was the stuff had been moving by what was dropping as well as the troughs starting and stopping had some bottle caps, foil, and tabs all jammed up. Heres a picture of some of the finds. The piece of gold necklace dangle is 14K 1.5 grams that the machine really banged on well in about chest deep water. Silver ring is from Thailand.. Nice to get wet and spend some time chatting with the guys.

September 08, 2020 01:58AM
Nice gold dangle and quite a bit of jewelry. Glad to hear you’re getting out again!
September 08, 2020 09:41AM
Thanks....... its been a difficult year for all of us both at home and on the beach.
September 08, 2020 12:20PM
That’s quite a comeback, I’d never guess from all those finds the beach was getting pounded. Congrats on that chunk of yellow metal and silver!

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]
September 08, 2020 04:16PM
Aaron.......its the heavy stuff thats missing. All the trash/light weight stuff is moving. What we have here is a lot of the guys for some reason are doing "CATCH AND RELEASE" detecting. what i mean by that is......they are leaving their dug targets. I assume to make us all waste time out there. If i can read the screen.......many times those can be a LEAVE-ER-RIGHT to me knowing they are doing this. I still dig a lot of targets that some either dont dig or dont hear not sure why. I got more than expected nickel count that day. The lack of gold out there and the amount of hunters also makes all of us have to put in more hours on the beach in hopes of finding that ONE piece of gold.
September 09, 2020 01:28AM
Dew........ I'm just glad that you are out there doing it!!!! (And still finding gold). You are certainly relentless! Love the passion!
September 09, 2020 08:03AM
Thanks Tom....... i really love detecting and being out side. This has been a hard year for me in several ways. Looks like my hunting could be limited a bit for another month......but come Fall ill get back on track. The MDT has really been a very good machine for me as a water hunter.....fun machine to use. Hopefully.......hopefully......that 12" coil will be ready for some use when i am .... sure would be a nice Christmas present. Speaking about passion...... i dont even know where you find the time to do what you do and still be so involved with detecting. I retired at 50......and really have gotten to do a lot of traveling and detecting been pretty blessed in that respect. Lot has changed for me from finding wheat pennies in Indy parks and corn fields to water hunting. However ....some things are changing fast ....like detector competition.... we need that it keeps things moving forward. Demitar is a pretty passionate person as well being a hunter helps...... i hope he continues with a second machine..... he really thinks outside the box.
September 09, 2020 09:36AM
Dimitar has another pre-proto 12" coil to test on the wet-salt (with black sand)......... BUT....... he (and crew) went to the beach yesterday......,,,,,,,,only to find the beaches are in a hard lockdown. They could not even park a few blocks inland..... and walk to the beach. Even the police were patrolling the beach.... and penalizing folks for not abiding the rules. Dimitar is seeking to find other methodology to test coil(s).

Dimitar does indeed have another detector 'in-works'; yet, I speculate it is years away from release. It does not resemble the MDT. (A little more than a Decade into the development of the MDT.....spawned this new conceptual notion).
September 09, 2020 01:12PM
Wouldn’t it be something if he lived in Fl? Save him lot on cost of living. To bad he’s not able to do much testing. Sooooo why not slip one in the mail for u to play with until his beach opens up? I know ... I know it’s his baby lol. Every thing you just said sound really promising. Especially this next machine.
September 10, 2020 06:05PM
The pre-proto coil is in TOO much of a prelim phase........ still requiring software-linking.

There are other beaches (further South of him) that are open (except during holidays)....... that he could test. However; drive-time is a little inhibiting.
September 10, 2020 09:03PM
Local hunt today. Those sun glasses you see took me 15 min. chasing them around in a very deep hole almost neck deep. All that stuff in the background was my other junk. really wasnt much there with the beach having been renurished in May.....i think a lot of it was stuff pulled off the beach. The rings were pretty nice silver. One is a claddalh ring style id not seen before and is from Ireland... it was stamped love, loyalty, and friendship inside. The other ring has a nice onyx stone with some smaller stones on the side but to small to test....very well made ring.

September 10, 2020 09:08PM
Nice looking rings Dewey!
September 11, 2020 01:31PM
Nice rings.smileys with beer
September 11, 2020 09:16PM
Those are great rings...I love that onyx! cool smiley
September 12, 2020 12:23AM
Walker........ IT WORKED!!!

Dew....... at least you are finding jewelry. Keep finding jewelry...... and your odds will surely prevail.
September 12, 2020 01:23AM
Tom, I almost couldn't believe it! Thank you for your assistance! winking smiley
September 12, 2020 07:16PM
You ever had a good day bad day? I got some gold..... size 6 18K 2.8 grams....and a few more junk pieces of jewelry. some tiny earrings.... and about $2 in change... again pretty good nickel count. Now the bad news........i had to separate guys come ask me to find their wedding bads. One was PLT the other a heavy gold bad.......couldnt find either one of those babies ....then came the storm and heavy rain. Next time maybe.

September 13, 2020 12:08AM
Hey Dewey... Glad you got some gold! Pretty ring!
September 14, 2020 01:02AM
Nice ring Dew!

Are those smaller targets..... falling through the scoop? How are you capturing them.... out in the water?
September 14, 2020 10:37AM
Its a learned process Tom.......i have 1/2" holes in my Starvr scoop. What ive done is used SS wire.....ran left to right to reduce the size of the hole in about 3 lines in the V area of the scoop. Thats helps reduce those holes to 1/4", yet still clears sand. If i have to chase it .... i normally do a nice size scoop under it then lift it straight up and put my hand under that area and slowly move it which sifts out the lighter sand. Its worked well enough for me and rarely leave that target even thou as you can see those targets are mostly HIGH conductors i could leave both by tone and size in the water. I cant get Starvr to make a scoop with small holes in the pocket...... thou we have argued that need lol. I just dont want a larger scoop with the holes either. Thats a lot of material to lift all day when you dig a lot of targets.
September 18, 2020 03:49PM
I am buying Magus MDT ,as he has too many machines but still less than mesmiling smileysmiling smiley

If we bond we may get engaged ,and maybe more.That will be of course for the Kent Coast of England and beyond.

RR
September 18, 2020 07:06PM
This week wasnt good hunting in the water that storm still had it rolling even today. Tides are shifting to morning thou so we could get down a little closer where the targets MIGHT be. I was having to follow a guy with a Nox and 15* coil and neither of us were getting much in the wet sand. I gave it a couple of hours and he had run up and down several times N to S so i decided to do the E to W. Just not much to find a few coins.... pretty flat, no cut and the pull down on this renurished beach just didnt have anything in it. So, i jumped up in the dry and headed toward the car knowing it would take me about 1/2 hour to get to the car working the towel line. I got NO coins... a little foil and a couple of pull tabs passing all the iron bottle caps. Wasnt long and bang i hit this one about 4 or 5" down. Solid 5. I was in AM 0 threshold 9 sensitivity and 12khz. The ring i thought would be heavier than it turned out just because of its size 13. Weight was 4.8 grams white gold 10K.