Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ON THE HORIZON = MDT-8000

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: ON THE HORIZON = MDT-8000
September 18, 2020 07:31PM
WTG dew!
Love that BIG yellow ring. I’m surprised that 10k ring didn’t VDI more at 7-8.....but I’m thinking in terms of 18kHz.....

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2020 07:38PM by Aaron.
cdv
September 18, 2020 08:03PM
Congrats Dew...... nice save on the way back to the car.... those unexpected finds sometimes are the best....

Cliff
September 19, 2020 08:24AM
That was a white gold ring Aaron the picture didnt show that very well. Cliff..... re-nurishment isnt doing a lot for my local beaches even with all this sand movement. No cut just flattening it a bit but its a coarser sand and just nothing in it to begin with and it was just done in May so it would have to move several feet to even get down to what it was. Of course a lot of it moved out in the water too. Dry sands not been fluffed like on some of the more busy beaches that have tractors either. So with the rain its pretty packed. Took about a month or so and we went from seeing 4 or 5 guys hitting the dry sand to...... rarely see anyone. Been a lot of locals only with this virus to...... tourist didnt come or have went home with the kids back in school. Hunting will start to change ..... more people on the weekends... and hunters until its picked clean.
October 07, 2020 05:15PM
Hello Today i went to a Sandy beaches which has been popular since the 50s but also hit hard (as most of the beaches are).I took my MDT as i was told it was a potentially good beach for PI but i wanted ti try the Tarsacci 1st as it is Tarsacci week in the RR house.Anyway first target was the stainless tube which gave me a @#$%& reading but i dug to keep myself warm.

Then came 1 whisper in my headphones with positive ID took me 5 minutes to dig and the 1st 50cal cartridge was out then same signal and same target really deep maybe at 40/45cm (15").The copper deep too maybe deeper but could mesure as it was a fight to take it out, the hardest was i only took the spade.

While digging those deep stuff i realise they were on a layer of crushed and broken shell under 35/40cm of sand,i shall be back there tmw God willing

RR

I CANT UPLOAD THE PICTURES FOR SOME REASONS.........
October 07, 2020 08:41PM
Try using tinypics past the FORUM photo
October 07, 2020 09:32PM
Thanks DEW!!!!!!

[app.photobucket.com]
October 08, 2020 12:30AM
Rivers Rat........ sounds like you are getting really good depth.
October 09, 2020 10:01PM
Hello to all,went yesterday morning to the 50cal cartridge spot i knew more less were to focus .I decided to take 2 tools to dig (mistake)once i arrived midway the blue tooth started to play.I had to go back to the car take the Tarsacci Headphones and left the spade and kept the sand scoop.
It was rainy ,windy plus sand flying all over the place,the main spot stayed exposed only 30min.......but the first signal was : A IMMERSION PUMP........
Second was a 50 cal cartridge and thought i was on a roll ,same as yesterday all targets where staying on the hard layer around 30/40cm once reach it is hard work and i still think i need 2 tools because the beach good spots are 15min from the car park.

Anyway the coins were sharp signals the iron core copper pennies give a funny ID and were not deep(a spade would have been better),all the shrapnells were as deep as the 50 cal and positive all the way.

Now while i learned few lessons today regarding my kit,and were i need to improve.

I really think the MDT once master gonna be the beach machine for me i just need to find a deep ring to be 100% confident.

Enjoy

RR
[app.photobucket.com]
October 11, 2020 11:11PM
RR........ I am curious. What is your Sensitivity setting? What is your Thresh setting?
October 11, 2020 11:27PM
Here you are

[app.photobucket.com]

RR
October 11, 2020 11:59PM
OK. VERY good settings. You still have 'some' more depth ""in reserve""..... if your conditions allow. But........once again: those are good settings (including Sens & Thresh).
I'm surprised you have Volume so low. (((Maybe I have bad hearing!!!))).
October 17, 2020 06:52PM
First hunt this week. To many things going on. We had planned a ROAD TRIP..... but the wave action was just not worth the hours and gas. But still managed a quick hunt at the beach .... got just a little to much long shore drift with the wave so i called it after talking to one of the local hunters. Hoping to put in a few more hours this week. The gold ring is 10K 4.7 grams and the stones are real, the chain is 925 as is the earring...... it weighed in at 38.5 grams. I running my usual .... AM HOT. Those targets were about chest deep in some very thick pushed up sand. Chain nor the ring was real deep.... but the earring had been there awhile. I think i was just hitting an area others hadnt noticed. It was a rip tide area pulling sand..... those can give a good target or two. For me most of the time its at the narrow end.... the more open end tends to push more junk.

October 17, 2020 07:14PM
That's a nice hunt. Good looking gold and nice hefty chain. HH jim tn
October 19, 2020 04:20PM
If you hunt with another Tarsacci user make sure you do your ground balance a good distance away from the other unit as we have found that the Tarsacci's will not ground balance if another Tarsacci unit is close by.
October 19, 2020 04:31PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> First hunt this week. To many things going on.
> We had planned a ROAD TRIP..... but the wave actio
> n was just not worth the hours and gas. But stil
> l managed a quick hunt at the beach .... got just
> a little to much long shore drift with the wave so
> i called it after talking to one of the local hunt
> ers. Hoping to put in a few more hours this week.
> The gold ring is 10K 4.7 grams and the stones are
> real, the chain is 925 as is the earring...... it
> weighed in at 38.5 grams. I running my usual ..
> .. AM HOT. Those targets were about chest deep in
> some very thick pushed up sand. Chain nor the rin
> g was real deep.... but the earring had been there
> awhile. I think i was just hitting an area others
> hadnt noticed. It was a rip tide area pulling san
> d..... those can give a good target or two. For m
> e most of the time its at the narrow end.... the m
> ore open end tends to push more junk.
>
>

Great haul Dew, especially the ring. 4.7grms is pretty good size ring!

Aaron

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]
October 20, 2020 11:04AM
Thanks .....i expected it to weigh in a bit more for its size. I keep reading about the AQ....... and i tell you id really like to see that 12" for this machine. This winter is going to be slower than ever out there for gold finds with fewer snow birds and tourists from out of country. The virus hurt as well so a lot of recent drops dried up. I noticed yesterday we were getting light and surface targets moving.....lot more can slaw, bottle caps, and even crab trap pieces. Couple more inches and having the ability to still sift thru some of this trash ...... really justifies the need for a larger round coil. How we coming on that coil Demitar? I know a couple of guys who would give it a good test this winter lol.
October 20, 2020 06:33PM
Nice finds AGAIN Dew!!!

12" coil is still progressing. I should have a bit more of an update..... probably in a few weeks.
October 21, 2020 02:28PM
October 21, 2020 02:30PM
Hello to all,

Sunday and Monday i hit the coast in search of long lost treasure,still with my mate Fred and his no and big coil Sunday night not much a copper ring for him,and a deep old copper penny for me.On Monday we hit another beach as we are still testing in real condition Nox Vs MDT.

I was using my work in progress sand trolley(golf trolley which i will mod) a scoop and a spade were mounted on it.

4.30 hours didn't bring much luck to both of us my tally for the day was 0.70 pence .We were leaving and really pushing hard to get something good when i had a whisper signal ALL POSITIVE numbers ,after god knows how many spadeful came out this beast of a coin,the largest and heaviest coin i ever found and.......on a beach!!!!!

It is a 5 kopecks from Catherine the Great Empress of Russia .

Fred say i won the trophy find of the day very very unusual find on the beach,by the way my 50cal cases story is going around and they are now very very scarce on that spot and 3 in a row is a record finds in more than a decade......

So far the MDT is growing on me my nox may need to go soon...

Have a nice week

RR

[app.photobucket.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2020 02:32PM by Rivers rat.
October 21, 2020 07:09PM
Wow river rat. Must be a huge copper coin. I found a 3 kopeck coin under a 40 pound rock years ago and it was big, a good 1/8th" thick and silver dollar size, maybe a hair bigger, diameter wise.
October 21, 2020 07:10PM
ozzie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow river rat. Must be a huge copper coin. I found
> a 3 kopeck coin under a 40 pound rock years ago an
> d it was big, a good 1/8th" thick and silver dolla
> r size, maybe a hair bigger, diameter wise.

Yes its massive will take picture compare to a few coins later this week it is like a weight looooool

RR
October 22, 2020 03:45PM
Dew - how long are you able to hunt in chest deep water with the MDT-8000? I am considering getting an Excalibur 2 for water hunting, but I would certainly consider other options as I have already drowned 2 Equinox's...
October 26, 2020 06:14PM
Hello to all went for a 2.30 hours mesh today on a quiet beach ,the road going to that beach is just getting worse soon or later cars won't be able to access or shall i buy a 4x4.............

Today i stayed focus on everything deep i left few dodgy signal a 60cm/2 feet my sand scoop didn't disappoint.

The smallest shrapnell bit was at 30cm/1ft,one of the fishing weight was at 40cm if i am correct if not deeper but it may have moved.The large bit of brass was at 40cm

Here is the result in 9khz ,i will change soon to see if my targets tally changes.

RR

[app.photobucket.com]
November 06, 2020 02:30PM
I am MDT tested on a passed 20 x 10 meter spot. I have been going there once every two weeks for the last 5 years ... from Tarsacci I took 20 more items ... lying between nails, coke and garbage ...
November 11, 2020 09:55AM
12" COIL UPDATE:

Phase-3 (of 3 phases) is now complete. What this means is: Software is done. (Hardware is not). There were plenty of bumps/roadblocks in creating the software........,,,,,,,,,,, even to the point (several times) of looking nearly impossible to achieve; yet: Mission Accomplished. A reverse engineering direction of: creating a coil TO the electronics for the Tarsacci...... CAN be done. Proven! ------- In fact......... a very rough/crude prototype coil has been created.

Where do we stand now: We need to acquire a mold-making-machine to create the coil skeletal hull......that allows everything to be done 'in-house'. The coil needs to be unbreakable, extremely hydrodynamic, beefed-up coil ears (from the very start!), thermally stable, RC/RL/IQ stable........ and a host of other requirements.

Coil creation difficulty level:
Software = 9.8
Hardware = 4.4

Target Date: TBD

No further data. Sharable (or otherwise).
November 11, 2020 10:57AM
Glad to hear it, Tom!
Looking forward to updates on the bigger coil.
November 11, 2020 01:56PM
Dear Santa,

I am really looking forward that coil.

RR
cdv
November 11, 2020 04:53PM
Tom and Dimitar........Neutral Buoyancy Please!!!!

Cliff
November 11, 2020 05:30PM
As long as it’s not like the DF.... that was a bit to buoyant. We that don’t know the difficulty of designing, testing and producing a coil ... especially one to this unique of a machine surely appreciate the time and many man hours put into it. Sounds like we are still some ways off .... so looks like Santa going to have to go to option two lol. Thanks for the update Tom keep us posted.
November 11, 2020 09:05PM
We were shooting for Thanksgiving. . . . . . . but Dimitar has expressed plenty (multiple) concerns about acquiring the machine to produce the coil hulls.