Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ON THE HORIZON = MDT-8000

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: ON THE HORIZON
December 23, 2018 05:18AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Delivery Exception" is the excuse FedEx always gi
> ves me here. They do that when they are too lazy t
> o try and deliver a package, especially when signa
> ture is required. They want you to reroute the pac
> kage to be delivered at their dropoff hubs and the
> n YOU go pick it up and sign for it. I despise Fe
> dEx. I've waited at home all day for a package th
> at was out for delivery, only to see it updated wi
> th that delivery exception note. Except mine had
> an extra note saying that nobody was home when att
> empt was made. Nobody came here at all. They did
> n't even drive down the road I live on. They were
> just towards the end of their day and didn't want
> to even attempt it. Sorry you are having trouble
> with the shipping woes.
>
> I'm ready to see the unit in the real world.

I'm with you on FedEx (UPS too, their both about the same in my book).

Years ago I used to live in the FedEx Bermuda triangle. At that time I lived in an apartment, it was easy to find, in a relatively large city, but for whatever reason my FexEx delivery person was a real turd. Frequently got the delivery exception while waiting at home for a package, only to be updated with "receiver not home" or even once said they couldn't locate my apartment. So I ordered an Atlantic Technology Dolby certified 7.1 surround sound speaker package, not exactly inexpensive at the time. I wait home, vigilantly checking the tracking # throughout the day and all of a sudden it says delivered. I'm thinking wahoo, I'm going to open my door to a large pile of speaker boxes! I opened the door to nothing, not one box, no notice, absolutely nothing.

I called the place I ordered the speakers from, and explained the situation. They said they'd look into it and call me back. Next morning they called, said they were unable to track anything down and they'd filed a claim with FexEx and were shipping me a new set of speakers, but I'd have to sign for them, which I happily agreed to for protection on both ends. I received them a couple of days later, amazing speakers, was very pleased with them. About a week later, I get a knock on my door, a resident in my complex said he was on vacation, and came home to a pile of speaker boxes addressed to me eye rolling smiley
December 23, 2018 06:08AM
Today was the first day since receiving the Tarsacci that I was able to go detecting and it wasn't raining. I can only hunt on one of my current permissions this soon after a heavy rain and it still had standing water in places.

More important than my sole find, I'll explain that below, I also "discovered" something that I don't remember having read here or in the manual. Correct me if I'm wrong and it has been brought up previously.
I was experiencing some mild EMI at this site when I cranked the Sensitivity up to 8-9. Per Tom's suggestion I started experimenting with not only the Sensitivity and Threshold settings but with the Black Sand and Salt settings as well. When I enabled the Black Sand function the Tarsacci immediately settled down and ran smooth as could be. As I mentioned in a previous post I think the EMI is worse in my house, especially my den, than anywhere I've switched on a detector. With that in mind I tested Tarsacci in my den as soon as I got home in hope of repeating this phenomena. The result was the same as in the field. Previously, while in my den, I hadn't been able to raise the Sensitivity setting of the Tarsacci above 3-4 regardless of the Threshold setting. Upon activating the Black Sand function I can now run the Sensitivity up to 8 with the Threshold on -2 with no Target ID bounce and no audible EMI. Tom is this one of the "quirks" you mentioned in the initial post of this thread?

Now for the results of my detecting time.
Once you get past the first few inches of topsoil my local red clay is, to quote Tom D, "...just like Elmers paste-glue...… when water is added!" It not only makes for a heavy shovel it'll also pull your shoes off if you're not careful. Elmer's glue or not after a long week of being unable to put the Tarsacci to work I decided to detect in the mud for an hour or so or until I found a keeper which ever came first. Luckily after 20 minutes or so I got a modulated but solid hit which ended up being a fired round ball. Using my shovel as a guide it was roughly 11"-11.5" deep. The target ID varied with my sweep angles both at depth and after recovery presumably due to the ball's asymmetrical shape. All in all it wasn't bad for my first time out in the mud with a new detector. At least that's what I told myself as I was trying to get back to my truck with my shoes still on my feet.

There's a chance of rain again tomorrow but it's supposed to clear up starting Monday. Weather permitting I'll have more to post by mid week.
Re: ON THE HORIZON = MDT-8000
December 23, 2018 06:27AM
relics&rings Wrote:
> No ferrous target were dug. GPX could get within 10 feet and not cause any interference.

In regards to the GPX what settings were required for use with the DD coil, was it set in Cancel mode and / or in one of the special Soil Timings such as Salt Coarse or Coin & Relic if the GPX was a 4800 or 5000 ?
December 23, 2018 11:35AM
Some of us are really watching this machine for beach hunting. Tom set the record straight about air gap and what one might expect in real depth. Now heres something else id like to see if possible. If you are digging targets in the wet sand.... and you dont get the target the first time ..... i need you to locate that target with the PPer if possible before taking another scoop.
December 23, 2018 12:51PM
I have not run either of my Tarsacci’s batteries all the way down.
I can say though, charge time seems will be similar to use time if freq 6.4khz is utilized. Higher frequency utilized charge time shorter than actual use time with 18khz utilization being the shortest charge time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2018 12:52PM by tnsharpshooter.
December 23, 2018 01:08PM
TNSS,
I will send you some Culpeper bedrock after the new year and will explain how to perform the test that will tell you how well the detector will work there. I know what I'am talking about. The red dirt is powdered bed rock.
December 23, 2018 01:17PM
texkinzee Wrote:
> TNSS,
> I will send you some Culpeper bedrock after the ne
> w year and will explain how to perform the test th
> at will tell you how well the detector will work t
> here. I know what I'am talking about. The red dirt
> is powdered bed rock.

I am game.
Like to get some of the dirt from Birmingham Al to play with.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2018 01:21PM by tnsharpshooter.
December 23, 2018 02:05PM
Chris...…. Your EMI "Black Sand" …….. vs...….. "Black Sand" off. The Tarsacci uses different filters (and other electronics) whilst in Black Sand Mode...….. which can cause just exactly what you are experiencing/seeing. There will be times when other Modes will cause this exact resultant. This holds true with any brand detector.

You are also correct ….. in regards to...… the asymmetrical musket ball giving different ID's..... due to different coil approach-angles into the differing jaggedness of the maimed musket ball. Plus...… (secondarily) it was nearly a foot deep..... which can also contribute to this phenomena.

TNSS...… Yes...…. lower Freq's consume more battery power. This is true with all units that have selectable Freq's (Impact, Deus, Anfibio)...… including group Freq's.,.,., like the EQX.
December 23, 2018 02:38PM
Something that I'm wanting to see ,,, in regards to the Tarsacci. Let's say...…. your best VLF starts to "ID splatter" on a 6" deep dime...… due to bad dirt/mineralization. Will the Tarsacci present …… say: 50% greater ""ID"" capabilities...…. giving/starting to "ID splatter"......at another 3" deeper...… say; ……. on a 9" deep dime..... in the same bad dirt.
Or …… the dirt is even worse. Severe mineralization...…. presenting:
Best VLF = 2" depth with reasonable ID on a dime.
Tarsacci = 3" depth with reasonable ID on a dime.

Or.………… the beach. Wet-salt..... PLUS...… black sand. Does the Tarsacci (again) present about 50% greater ID-at-depth..... over other VLF units.

In some dirt...…. does the Tarsacci present only 10% greater advantage...…….,,,,,,,,,,,, and in other dirt..... say, a 70% advantage.

If any of the above is true...…. this would be a major game-changer.
(((Keep in mind...… I live in silica/quartz/mineral-free Florida...…. so I may not see these gains as much))).

The World has infinite variables...…………… sooooooo………………… we will start to see an 'overall-aggregate'...……… when the data starts to come-in...… from around the globe. And some of it …. has already started.
December 23, 2018 03:26PM
Tom, I have no 500 in GB scale. Mine goes from 499 to 501. Checked every mode and same. I tried changing things around to slow down the EMI at my house. At sens 6 all was quite. Black Sand helped a lot but found that as I went down on Freq. It would kick up and I found I could turn Threshold to -4 and I could turn the MD up to 9 in all modes. How it affects depth yet to be seen. One thing in air test on 18khz I was able to hit a 14k thin cross at 12" that all machines that I have used in last two years would only hit 3" at best. My micro jewelry tester. It hit the rest of my small stuff that my other md's would not see except with some exceptions with the EQ800. I have no chains to test. I know its not suppose to help much in that area but I would like to try some for grins and giggles.
December 23, 2018 03:46PM
If the Tarsacci can identify a 6 inch dime in Culpeper dirt as non-ferrous, then it would be a good investment for me. Anything less, then the better investment would be a pulse machine. Just my opinion based on 50 years experience in Culpeper and similar dirt in the iron belt of Virginia.
December 23, 2018 03:50PM
ShovelNose Wrote:
> Tom, I have no 500 in GB scale. Mine goes from 499
> to 501. Checked every mode and same. I tried chang
> ing things around to slow down the EMI at my house
> . At sens 6 all was quite. Black Sand helped a lot
> but found that as I went down on Freq. It would ki
> ck up and I found I could turn Threshold to -4 and
> I could turn the MD up to 9 in all modes. How it a
> ffects depth yet to be seen. One thing in air tes
> t on 18khz I was able to hit a 14k thin cross at 1
> 2" that all machines that I have used in last two
> years would only hit 3" at best. My micro jewelry
> tester. It hit the rest of my small stuff that my
> other md's would not see except with some exception
> ns with the EQ800. I have no chains to test. I kno
> w its not suppose to help much in that area but I
> would like to try some for grins and giggles.

If it will make you feel any better. My unit has no 500 GB setting either. GB scale seems shows increments when raising and lowering- increments of 2. So odds numbers shown in GB window. So in your sand 501 might be where to go GB wise.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2018 03:53PM by tnsharpshooter.
December 23, 2018 04:17PM
Yes...…. a Grnd Bal of 501 is fine...… for inert dirt.

Shenandoah Digger...…… I'm guessing that your best bet..... is to stick with the Pulse Induction units; in particular..... the GPX-4500, 4800 or 5000...…. ESPECIALLY if you have 50-years of experience with PI's..... in your iron-belt dirt! The Tarsacci is not a Pulse Induction unit.
December 23, 2018 04:35PM
Tom-never said I had 50 years of experience with a PI; only that I've been detecting for 50 years. Started with a Jetco in 1969, so 49 years. If the Tarsacci only i.d.'s a target at 3 inches that a VLF would i.d. at 2 inches, then that's not enough of an improvement over a VLF for me. But of course I have no idea what the Tarsacci will do in Culpeper dirt, as I have not used one and no one who has has reported any results that I have seen. No knock on the machine; I'm sure it's a great improvement in depth over most VLF's on the market and hopefully a new advancement in technology. Just that for me it needs to call a dime non-ferrous at around 6 inches to make it worth the investment. For me. No insult in any way intended.
December 23, 2018 05:07PM
Chris Woods Wrote:
> Today was the first day since receiving the Tarsac
> ci that I was able to go detectin.

Luckily after 20 minutes or so I
> got a modulated but solid hit which ended up being
> a fired round ball. Using my shovel as a guide it
> was roughly 11"-11.5" deep. The target ID varied w
> ith my sweep angles both at depth and after recove
> ry presumably due to the ball's asymmetrical shape

Chris,

That was a good description of what can happen with hits on musket balls. Your particular musket ball was at a very decent depth: I'd say almost beyond the detection fringes of the FBS detectors?
To me this bodes well on larger and more rounded targets such as copper and silver coins. I'd guesstimate that there [ could be ] an additional 3" - 4" of extra depth for those?

While prototyping the different FBS detectors, it was always noted that they are/were 'difficult targets'.

This due to the way 'eddy currents' form and flow on these small and perfectly round balls: difficult hits to establish (a) good audio (b) good and accurate ID's
At depth, let's say a typical plow field, 6" - 7" and uneven surfaces with perhaps rotting crop in the mix, wet from winter weather can all combine to make detections difficult at the best of times.
What happens to the eddy current is it forms, flows and expands as it traverses the circumference of [ a ball ] and then begins almost as quickly to fade out as the current flows inwards to the bottom of the ball at depth.
So, you have a constant 'fade in, fade out' scenario occurring at a millionth of a second with each coil pass making detection and ID and audio dodgy at best!
Another analogy to help explain what I am trying to convey is, the tire of your car as it travels along the highway: just a hand size piece of rubber is in contact with the road and not as we think, the whole tyre.
Much doesn't touch for any longer than a millisecond much like the eddy current that 'gets interrupted' with the deciphering of the 'curves' from thin to thick and to thin again!
And, most musket balls may not be like the one that was found before it and the one after it might be differently behaved as well?

Des D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2018 05:10PM by Des D.
December 23, 2018 06:29PM
My last post went up at 01:08 last night/this morning. Evidently I was more sleepy than I thought at the time because I left out a couple of key details.

One of them is in regard Tom's statements after my last post . While the Target ID did bounce both at depth and after recovering the ball it never got close to the iron range which at 11" plus in this dirt is impressive. Also, the range of the ID numbers both before and after recovery was pretty consistent. Meaning that the MDT did a great job of dealing with the mineralized ground and giving accurate Target info at depth. I'm sure if the ball had been a drop (close to a perfect sphere) or if it was a coin lying flat the Target ID range would have been much tighter.

Tom, in regard to your request for data on Target ID splatter as a function of both target depth and ground mineralization as well as the comparison of said data to similar data from VLF detectors I would think that a test garden and/or recently planted targets would be necessary in order to accumulate these results in a timely manner. With most members asking specifically for real world results I have refrained from posting test garden results for the MDT. However, if you like, after the rain stops I will be happy to put something together in the form of a spreadsheet and send it to you.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2018 06:41PM by Chris Woods.
December 23, 2018 09:09PM
Tom- I can offer a little data based on the targets in my test garden, they have been buried a few years. Probably be similar to a plowed field situation.

As a relic and beach hunter I dig everything that is non-ferrous, I just want to know if it's iron or not. So in my test garden I have two main items (I have others as well) I use to compare detectors. My dirt is pretty bad so I have a 4, 5 and 6 inch clad dime and a 9 inch .58 cal minnie ball. Just this morning I took the Deus, Equinox and Tarsacci out and compared them. I'm not going to get into all the settings I was running on the Deus or the Equinox but let's just say they're the deepest programs I can set up for relics.

Deus-running deep relic program- 4 inch dime 88 ID, 5 inch dime no ID but I can tell it's a keeper, 6 inch dime ID as iron, 9 inch minnie ID as iron.

Equinox-running park 2- 4 inch dime ID 26, 5 inch dime ID 25-26, 6 inch dime no ID but I can tell it's a high conductor. 9 inch minnie ID as iron.

Tarsacci- First let me say that a clad dime ID's at like 16 out of the ground but once it's in my ground that all changes. Settings are blacksand ON, Salt OFF, Threshold -1, 9 KHz, Auto GB, Disc 0, sensitivity 6, Mixed Mode.
4 inch dime ID 26, 5 inch dime ID 26, 6 inch dime ID jumping 22-28 and can raise the coil an inch above the ground before it ID's as iron. 9 inch minnie ID jumping between 22-27.

So based on the above the Tarsacci is quit a bit better than either the Deus or the Equinox.

Not sure why I'm getting such high numbers on those dimes. Those weird numbers might be concerning to some but not me I just want to know if the target is non-ferrous. I even tried changing some of the settings but the numbers stayed the same. I'm not ever going to take the Tarsacci to a park to dig just coins and I don't think it's intended to be.
December 23, 2018 09:33PM
Abenson in your last sentence you say
“I'm not ever going to take the Tarsacci to a park to dig just coins and I don't think it's intended to be.”

You don’t think it would be possible to take the MTD to an old city park and use it to sniff out real deep
high conductor silver and copper coins if mid conductors and shallow targets were ignored?
This was my intention if I were to buy one.

Why would the MTD not work for this?

Thanks,
Bryan
December 23, 2018 09:48PM
I'm really interested to see how the MDT does in my neck of the woods, in the wild/real world.

Years ago, one of the best machines I found for relic hunting in the bad soil was the CoinStrike. To this date, of the older VLF machines, it is probably still one of the best out there for handling that soil. Equip it with the 10.5 inch coil and it was a really deep machine. The key to it was the threshold setting....which acted like a dual purpose setting. It wasn't like what we normally associate the threshold to being (just background hummm noise). Most people tried running it as close to 0 as they could get it because that's where it air tested the best but we found out over time, that running it in the negative number was far better in the dirt. It has been so long since I ran one that I can't remember, but I want to say that I use to run it at around -25 on the threshold, or there abouts.

From what I have read thus far, it sounds like the MDT carries some of that DNA with it, but has been tweaked quite a bit for the better. Coin hunters did not like the CoinStrike due to the love for crown style bottle caps. It sounds as if this is one of the big things that the MDT addresses.
December 23, 2018 10:46PM
Some good data provided above.
Based on my use and testing thus far, seems soil density plays a huge part in Tarsacci’s performance. For example, if a person buries a coin in 5 bars F75 ground (indicated) -freshly buried, and test with Tarsacci, whatever results they get, in the wild with same item positioned the same way, same depth but buried longer, Tarsacci’s results will improve performance wise, won’t be worse.

Now salt sand, its density when wet be it freshly buried or not Seems is pretty consistent hence here one can test and get REAL close to real world results on freshly buried.
This is a presumption of course by me- haven’t run in salt sand.

Imo Tarsacci performance in recent plowed ground will be lacking vs not plowed. Where Deus and Equinox roles would be reversed moreso.

I still have a few places to go to test. RAIN again here all day.

I forget to say, the above as far as Tarsacci, applies to both disc signal and believe it or not the AM signal.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2018 11:52PM by tnsharpshooter.
December 23, 2018 11:01PM
Cabin fever-I don't hunt old parks so I can't say for sure and maybe I misspoke when I said it wasn't designed for park hunting. But my understanding is the Tarsacci is targeted at beach hunters and bad dirt hunters.

I would assume you could use it to sniff out deep silver as long as there is not excessive junk.
December 23, 2018 11:16PM
Update on my test- I initially ran blacksand on because of all the magnetic material in my soil. So I tried turning blacksand off and was surprised at the change in numbers. My dimes that were iding at 26 dropped to around 22. Still high but closer to what they should read. The signal also seemed stronger with blacksand off. I also tried salt mode on and it killed the depth. So now I'm kind of wondering if the next time at the beach I should try running black sand off and adjust the threshold and sensitivity to get better depth.
December 24, 2018 01:37AM
Chris...…. NO, NO, NO!!! Save your time...…. and use it to go detecting!!!! I'm merely/simply trying to 'trigger-your-brain' to think of a few different parameters..... you can try/test...… in YOUR dirt conditions!...…. hoping for you to ascertain another epiphany...… and/or performance-gain.

Andrew...…. I'm glad you discovered yet another performance enhancement (Black Sand = 'on'.....vs.....'off'). The Tarsacci has unique IP/tools/featureset(s)…. of which may appear to be quirky ……. yet, can make night/day differences UNDER DIFFERENT DIRT CONDITIONS; hence, setting it apart from other VLF units. Maybe for the better.... maybe for the worse. ((( And...….. so far...…. it appears to favor the former ))).
December 24, 2018 01:52AM
Some other observations, maybe other users have noticed this as well.

A reduction in sensitivity doesn't appear to change the depth of the detector but it does quiet it down in noisy ground and modulates the audio. Volume can be increased to compensate for the modulation on deeper targets.

When in mixed mode and the threshold is lowered it appears the AM part of the signal is shortened but the disc part of the signal remains unchanged to a point. So lowering the threshold in trash can help in the separation of targets.
December 24, 2018 02:20AM
Abenson Wrote:
> Tom- I can offer a little data based on the target
> s in my test garden, they have been buried a few y
> ears. Probably be similar to a plowed field situat
> ion.
>
> As a relic and beach hunter I dig everything that
> is non-ferrous, I just want to know if it's iron o
> r not. So in my test garden I have two main items
> (I have others as well) I use to compare detectors
> . My dirt is pretty bad so I have a 4, 5 and 6 inc
> h clad dime and a 9 inch .58 cal minnie ball. Just
> this morning I took the Deus, Equinox and Tarsacci
> out and compared them. I'm not going to get into a
> ll the settings I was running on the Deus or the E
> quinox but let's just say they're the deepest prog
> rams I can set up for relics.
>
> Deus-running deep relic program- 4 inch dime 88 ID
> , 5 inch dime no ID but I can tell it's a keeper,
> 6 inch dime ID as iron, 9 inch minnie ID as iron.
>
> Equinox-running park 2- 4 inch dime ID 26, 5 inch
> dime ID 25-26, 6 inch dime no ID but I can tell it
> 's a high conductor. 9 inch minnie ID as iron.
>
> Tarsacci- First let me say that a clad dime ID's a
> t like 16 out of the ground but once it's in my gr
> ound that all changes. Settings are blacksand ON,
> Salt OFF, Threshold -1, 9 KHz, Auto GB, Disc 0, se
> nsitivity 6, Mixed Mode.
> 4 inch dime ID 26, 5 inch dime ID 26, 6 inch dime
> ID jumping 22-28 and can raise the coil an inch ab
> ove the ground before it ID's as iron. 9 inch minn
> ie ID jumping between 22-27.
>
> So based on the above the Tarsacci is quit a bit b
> etter than either the Deus or the Equinox.
>
> Not sure why I'm getting such high numbers on thos
> e dimes. Those weird numbers might be concerning t
> o some but not me I just want to know if the targe
> t is non-ferrous. I even tried changing some of th
> e settings but the numbers stayed the same. I'm no
> t ever going to take the Tarsacci to a park to dig
> just coins and I don't think it's intended to be.

Andrew,
In your tests above.
Can you give info on Deus mineralization index strength meter readings where you did tests. As far as bobbing detector’s coil as well as how meter reads when coil is swept (not bobbed).
And any other detectors you have used here in the past i.e. F75,etc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2018 02:22AM by tnsharpshooter.
December 24, 2018 05:03AM
10k(tested) stud ear ring at 6" in very wet sand shortly after set up near surf! Started off right. Got out on Sunset Beach NC. Flat as a nightmare could be. That is why this MD got my attention. My number one thing is little arm fatigue with 3.5 hours. Sonar comparison sound is how I would imagine is right but the most in Disc. I played with a bottlecap and several other targets and notice the signal seen inside coil with no outward field like a CZ would do on high sens. Its like hunting in PP mode. PP dead in the cross on coil. After a couple targets I didn't have to use it even on the deep targets. Just do short throw X. I carry a Carrot to help with small stuff in the gray wet sand but hardly used it. GB in dry sand 521. Salt balance stayed at 27 on all Freq. and stable at 7 Sens, 18khz. Stayed in AM and moved to disc. and will play with mix later. Really like AM. Separation is as good as it gets. Not something I realized I needed on a beach until hunting in AM. This beach is loaded with fence pieces from the sand retention fences storms have laid waste to. Lots close together and ID on the iron side has been correct. Dug half a dozen deep faint iron signals in -26 to -30 and -15 -17 and always iron. Have a lot of confidence in its iron ID so far. Bottle caps bounce bad. I found NO ALUMINUM at all. A first. Not sure why but friend with Safari dug lots of tabs all around me while comparing signals No cross interference even up close.
The audio has a lot to say. Signals gets fainter and shorter the deeper they get. I found if you listen even at a faster coil speed it will report a signal but quick. Noticed 2 corroded wheat pennies up scaled to low dime range on ID.
Several other costume jewelry pieces and lots of deeper corroded coins.
The ear ring came in as a 5, 6 and was right at the surf. Called friend over to compare and he couldn't se it at all. But there it was clear as a bell on mine. Tiny and loud. Happy with first run.
December 24, 2018 12:06PM
I would really like to know how much deeper the Tarsacci is IDing non-ferrous targets in the wet ocean beach sand compared to the multi frequency VLF's.

When I say ID, I mean tones as well as VDI. I prefer tones myself. The numbers on the screen only confirm what the tones are already telling us. All I'm interested in is ferrous vs non-ferrous.

Someone should do some accurate tests at precise measured depths. For testing, I use sewing tape measures with rings taped to the end. One has a typical 14k man's wedding ring. The other a similar sized silver ring. You could also use a coin if you want a standard target unit. You can get a sewing tape measure at Walmart for just a few bucks.

[www.walmart.com]

Without burying the target at a known depth, all we are doing is guessing how deep the target might have been and that doesn't tell us anything about the comparative performance of the machine.

Edited 13 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2018 12:14AM by Badger in NH.
December 24, 2018 02:00PM
With 15 points for one tone how would you know what you got other than say a low conductor or a high conductor. With this MD I dig all non Ferrous and some that bounce into iron right now. I don't normally drop targets in to test. Prefer to just hunt for real world targets but will test micro as well as several different karats of rings in the wet sand next chance I can get out. The rings just were not where I was at yesterday though all targets were found around the pier where at this beach is where the most activity is. All cottages and no motels. Wife didn't go out of town so have to play with her today but tomorrow I can get out. Tides are getting later in day so only have a couple before high tide in day. We have 2 high and low tides a day here. Only around the major moon phase does it go up and down a noticeable amount. Storm this week cut into beaches but filled up on tide Saturday morning I heard from some other hunters who had less to show than I did using CTX and EQ800. Sand is so deep that near surf it just fills in as fast as you can dig and never hit a hard shell base. Will be looking for this on web cams tonight. May go to Wilmington as their beaches face different direction so may have more structure to hunt around. I can see trying to use this in a field hunting or even a park field if not to trashy. I think we are just at the tip of what this MD can do. Hope Santa gives me a Go Pro. Will have to get one Wed. if not.
December 24, 2018 03:33PM
TNSS- Deus mineral bar is 75% pumping and almost 50% swinging.
December 24, 2018 03:39PM
Abenson Wrote:
> TNSS- Deus mineral bar is 75% pumping and almost 5
> 0% swinging.

Alright thanks Andrew.
This may give folks better idea if Tarsacci could help them in their areas detecting.