Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ON THE HORIZON = MDT-8000

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: ON THE HORIZON = MDT-8000
June 03, 2020 07:51PM
Ghound
from what i have read and seen i think that the Tarsacci is not the detector for gaining an edge on hammereds i think the Nox has the edge for finding them i would love to be proved wrong though as i am eager to try a Tarsacci.
June 08, 2020 05:26AM
Well I've decided to sell my Tarsacci. Its a great detector but because of the virus I haven't been working and may not any time soon, so one of my detectors has to go. I'm too used to the Equinox to let it go. If I was hunting more at the beach I would keep the Tarsacci and sell the Nox. I called Dimitar and told him it has nothing to do with the detector and I mean that. Hope this is ok to post here. PM me if you're interested and we can talk. Thanks!

Bob

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2020 05:27AM by BigYankeeAmes.
June 08, 2020 09:50PM
In Depth Interview With Mr. Tarsacci, Dimitar Gargov

[forums.tarsaccisales.com]

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2020 09:58PM by Aaron.
June 10, 2020 12:09PM
The water yesterday was still pretty rough from the storm in the Gulf and i was told by my hunting buddy the beach had been hit by him and 3 others the night before. Just almost to hard to hunt with the waves crashing right where i wanted to be...... so digging you took a beating. Very short wave time so it kept you on your toes and really couldnt get out to deeper water and hunt with any coil control. I got 3 rings .... small silver and couple of junk with one being a mood ring... how ironic. Pick up one bracket i knew was silver but pretty black. Thru it in the tumbler. This morning i checked it carefully........ turned out to be Tiffany & Co. 925 Italy with 18k links every inch...... $370ish new. By the picture you can see..... this one i did not get to keep lol. There are some silver piece worth the effort of digging a lot more targets. As always i was running in 0 threshold, 9 sensitivity, 9khz, BS off, 567 GB, ...... then in the deeper water REVERSE disc at -30 to hear iron better.

June 10, 2020 12:20PM
Your perseverance paid off Dew, beautiful bracelet!

June 10, 2020 12:32PM
Ive done pretty well with this machine on chains and these bracelets ..... here is one from last month.

June 10, 2020 12:38PM
Very Nice!
Curious, how much did the bracelet weigh?
Broken clasp?
18kHz?

June 10, 2020 12:46PM
This gold one weighed in at 3.6 grams of 14K and yes broken clasp. Oddly.... the other was almost twice this weight same K.....yet both rang up a 7 which most of us would have dug.
June 12, 2020 07:56PM
Due to some outside issues I'm going to have to sell my Tarsacci. I've swapped out the corded phones for a wireless setup using the Trond receivernand I'll include it as well. PM me if you're interested and we can see about working something out. It's never been submerged and just used in the wet sand. I wish I didn't have to but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Skate
June 15, 2020 12:48AM
skate Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Due to some outside issues I'm going to have to se
> ll my Tarsacci. I've swapped out the corded phones
> for a wireless setup using the Trond receivernand
> I'll include it as well. PM me if you're intereste
> d and we can see about working something out. It's
> never been submerged and just used in the wet sand
> . I wish I didn't have to but sometimes you gotta
> do what you gotta do.
>
> Skate

How did you go wireless with the way the Tersacci headphone connects to the control pod?
June 15, 2020 01:04AM
I bought the trond receiver and the headphones that are similar to the ones for the Equinox. It works perfect and there is virtually no delay in the sound
June 15, 2020 01:23AM
I used the Trond Wireless on my Tarsacci too and it worked great. You just plug the transmitter into the pigtail where your headphones plug in. Any Bluetooth headphones or earbuds will pair with it. The Trond V4.2 headphones work well for detecting.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2020 01:36AM by Badger in NH.
June 15, 2020 11:26AM
Steve gets his new Tarsacci

[www.detectorprospector.com]

[www.detectorprospector.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2020 11:27AM by Aaron.
June 15, 2020 01:15PM
Found a little silver at the end of the hunt couple nights ago.

June 16, 2020 05:00AM
Here is demo of the Tarsacci’s ability to use the Salinity Balance to disc out foil, and still find small gold.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2020 09:31PM by Aaron.
June 16, 2020 07:46AM
Found my first bution in dry, red dirt with coal slag in the hole. Read +12 at about 6" depth.Small flat with gold gilt.
June 16, 2020 04:42PM
Very nice George! How’s the unit running in that red dirt?

June 16, 2020 05:23PM
So just below a good penny... made out of brass? Out of the hole what did it read?
June 16, 2020 05:46PM
I’m thinking Georges brass button was 15 on the VDI.

Dew, sorry I just noticed your VDI question...... [forums.tarsaccisales.com]

June 16, 2020 07:12PM
I was curious what it was doing up scaling or down scaling on those targets at that depth
June 16, 2020 08:48PM
Here's some relics I found last week with the Tarsacci from a military site we've been hunting pretty heavy over the years. The site is moderately iron infested and most of the stuff that's left is deep.
June 16, 2020 09:12PM
The pistol percussion cap & ball are impressive finds at any depth in moderate iron.

June 16, 2020 10:34PM
I like that ringtail Sharps!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
June 17, 2020 04:09AM
Thanks Keith!
June 17, 2020 10:40AM
Andrew...... were those targets ID’ing as non-ferrous at those deep depths..........or were you digging the better-sounding iron tones?
June 17, 2020 10:57AM
Some small relics from bad ground,
.......I found in a 1850’s site

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2020 09:28PM by Aaron.
June 17, 2020 03:16PM
Tom all the targets were ID'ing as non-ferrous, that day I wasn't digging anything iffy. The sharps was about 11" deep and was in the area with the thickest iron nails on the site, it gave a good solid positive ID ping at 22 ish. The round balls came from pretty impressive depths and give the best response of any VLF'ish detector I've used except maybe the Equinox. They sound really good on a PI too. I was using 18 KHz, disc mode set at -30.
June 18, 2020 02:31AM
New to the Tarsacci? Need a quick question answered regarding operations?
Checkout this quick tutorial on how to get around the control pad.... [forums.tarsaccisales.com]

Aaron

June 20, 2020 01:30AM
Abenson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tom all the targets were ID'ing as non-ferrous, th
> at day I wasn't digging anything iffy. The sharps
> was about 11" deep and was in the area with the th
> ickest iron nails on the site, it gave a good soli
> d positive ID ping at 22 ish. The round balls came
> from pretty impressive depths and give the best re
> sponse of any VLF'ish detector I've used except ma
> ybe the Equinox. They sound really good on a PI to
> o. I was using 18 KHz, disc mode set at -30.

Good info Andrew.

Play around a little with the Salt balance when your in heavy iron.find a setting where you can get some iron response in salt balance to weaken maybe just a tad but still weaken. you wont get it silenced but hold coil up in air above some iron in the site and play with salt to you hear it weaken SOME as you drop coil towards it .You may have to hold coil say a foot above it to notice it weakening but it works...then go to disc and see if it helps unmask?I Know what I see and this is out of VLF ability DE-Sensitizing iron but still hitting super low non ferrous!!.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
June 20, 2020 08:59PM
Here's a video I did for the Tarsacci with a half reale under red brick.Its not a hammered but it's small.

[www.youtube.com]

Keith

-Nikola Tesla