Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What do you keep besides the valuables?

Posted by adamBomb 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What do you keep besides the valuables?
October 05, 2018 05:55PM
I have been digging in post hurricane florence beaches where I live over the last week or so. Tons and tons of clad. I can't even take a step without finding it. Nothing of value...yet. Having said that today I was out with my son and found a cool 10c coin from the Ukraine. I love finding these foreign coins even though they are practically worthless because they make a cool story. My son, who is 7, thought it was awesome. I keep all of these along with my rings. Anyone else collect anything like this that is really not valuable?

Nox600, CTX, CZ21, Excal II and White's DF with 920i stealthscoop...I live and hunt at the beach in Wilm NCsmiling smiley
Re: What do you keep besides the valuables?
October 05, 2018 07:15PM
flat buttons...I really like the ones with designs.
October 05, 2018 09:10PM
Today's collectables usually end up in the trash sooner or later.
October 05, 2018 09:54PM
Arrowheads and other native american tools. 99% of the ones I find are broken and if they aren't broken, they are really not any certain type that are desireable by collectors. I just keep them all.
October 06, 2018 12:23AM
I keep the zinc lids....Use them for Zinc and lye baths.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
October 06, 2018 02:12PM
Hi Keith, What douse Zink and Lye baths do? Is it for Iron? Thanks flintstone
October 09, 2018 05:52AM
I keep anything that could be of possible use and they aren't trashed, screws, washers, zippers to name a few. Toy cars I used to save but if they are anything modern I toss them, if they are older [at least 1970's] I will save them.
October 09, 2018 01:48PM
I keep hold of anything interesting, until I can get to the bottom of what it is!

I got into this hobby for the love of history.
October 12, 2018 10:39PM
Eye of Newt and worms with metal plates in their heads.
October 13, 2018 03:09PM
I keep almost everything. Only obvious trash get thrown away, aluminum for example.
October 13, 2018 05:20PM
Marbles. I love finding old marbles.
October 13, 2018 08:09PM
I keep all the pottery, china, glassware, porcelain I find if the site is old. Some is boring, some is extremely colorful. Only a few items have enough lettering on to read, yet. One day, when I have enough, I will have a large wall mounted display case of it.
October 13, 2018 09:45PM
Everything that I find interesting and with some age, old toys, dog licenses, militaria, the unusual and exotic.
At some point I will build some shadow boxes and display what I like best and then I will probably do a purge.
Cheers,
Drew.
October 13, 2018 11:48PM
Lots of beautiful stuff of no resale value.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold