Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

MXT trade..

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
MXT trade..
October 09, 2018 06:05PM
Picked up a nice original MXT with stock and 5x10 detech coil and factory manual..Just used to multi tone unit and only one tone in coin & Jewelry mode...Looking for trade for multi tone unit...Looks like I may not make it out this season as wife fractured a pelvic bone and at 75 going to be a long recovery time but still trying to get back in game..Thanks for looking...Dan
Re: MXT trade..
October 09, 2018 07:49PM
Switch to Relic with trigger forward, should get two tones hunting.
October 10, 2018 01:26AM
Thanks Sniper not a true tone mode certainly an option which I was aware of and with the optional expensive detech extra coil no problem if I don't get any respectable offers..not a problem just a learning process....
October 10, 2018 02:13AM
Dan You show have picked up the MXT-Pro then You would have Your tones. A very underated Detector.
October 10, 2018 09:41AM
Dan, if you can live without the tones, then the MXT performs just as good as the MXT Pro. On the MXT you can put it in relic mode and get two tones, one for below the disc set point, and another tone for above the disc set point. If you turn the disc control all the way down, then you get one tone for ferrous and one for non-ferrous. I find that this is all I really need and just use the VDI # when investigating a target above the disc set point. The high tones are a nice recognizeable "squawk" that is easy to hear, another bonus. The tones are linked to the VDI number anyway so you are getting the same information visually as you would with the tones. And two tones keeps things simple - two is all I can keep track of anyway. smiling smiley Wishing your wife a speedy recovery.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2018 03:22PM by wayfarer.
October 10, 2018 02:31PM
Thanks for your input guys...seems like the relic mode is the way to go from my research...now for some field time and all will fall into place..Heinz rehab is my second home right now...