Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I shout at Youtube sometimesangry smiley

Posted by Mike Hillis 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: I shout at Youtube sometimesangry smiley
October 24, 2018 04:03PM
Damn the guy who swept that F75 slow! Look what he started! drinking smiley

My YouTube - [www.youtube.com]
Website - [www.thehuntergt.com]
October 24, 2018 04:29PM
October 24, 2018 04:32PM
Dr.Tones Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I’ve NEVER claimed to be an expert. I have always
> offered to share what I know with others. I’m alwa
> ys open to learning more from others. I’m sure you
> ’re a wealth of knowledge after 43 years of detect
> ing. Corrective criticism goes a lot farther than
> blasting people from the other side of a keyboard.
> I’d love to hunt with you. I’m in Baker City all t
> he time. It’s beautiful there. Believe it or not,
> if you needed your diaper changed, I’d help ya. Be
> cause that’s the kinda person I am. As a fire medi
> c, we have to address that situation pretty freque
> ntly. Nothing new to me. (Not my favorite though).
>
>
> D&P-OR Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Dr.Tones Wrote:
> > ------------------------------------------------
> --
> > -----
> > > Dry humor ain’t your forte.
> >
> >
> > Nor is common sense or ANY kind of humor yours.-
> --
> > ---Tell you what--you are just down the road fro
> m
> > me---(when I get back home)--c'mon up to Baker C
> it
> > y---I'll take you to a couple of good sites & yo
> u
> > can change my diaper & teach me how to use a det
> ec
> > tor.----You said you would be glad to do that di
> dn
> > 't you? (in so many words of course).----I hope
> th
> > is doesn't sound defensive or trying to paint yo
> u
> > in a corner.---It's just that I have been trying
> t
> > o learn how to run a detector for 43 years now a
> nd
> > it would REALLY be neat to get some lessons from
> a
> > real live "expert"!winking smiley----------Del

Well-----I'm neither a wealth of knowledge nor an expert.----Just an old man that's enjoyed detecting for a lot of years and "picked up" a thing or two along the way.----Didn't like the way you out of the blue popped in here lambasting & sounding like you had ALL the answer to the worlds problems--didn't "fly" with me/perhaps others.-----We probably took each other wrong to a great degree.---I try to put a little humor in things on occasion--but obviously some don't see/take it as thus.-----Anyway, one of my best life long friends now deceased was (like you) a fire medic for years out of Seattle.------You are welcome to come up here & hunt with us anytime we are home Brandon.---We do have one thing in common--we both love Minelab detectors.---Who knows, we may even get to liking each other.smiling smiley----We are leaving for the SW with the R.V. Friday for the winter down there but will be back in April (Lord willing).------Retirements a rough job but somebodys gotta do it!winking smiley------You're right--Baker is a beautiful place (Baker valley & surrounding mts.)-----Have a few good hunt sites up here also--let's get together some time.thumbs down-------------Del
October 24, 2018 08:44PM
I’m sorry I came off that way. I had to get on my soap box for a minute. I take a beating on YouTube constantly for trying to genuinely show detecting in a good light and I just try to make people more aware that the people making these videos don’t have to. We don’t get paid much (if anything) and certainly not enough to put up with some of the nonsense we’ve encountered. We do it because we like to make videos and we like to help others learn. For the most part though, our community has been amazing and there’s only a few bad apples. I just feel the need sometimes to remind people that content creators are human and we don’t need to be constantly reminded how dumb we are drinking smiley I hope you have a good trip down south. The snow bird life aint half bad! I’m sure we would get along just swell. And again, I’m sorry to have come off that way. I’m just passionate about what I do.
October 24, 2018 09:16PM
Dr.Tones Wrote:
.......... As a fire medic, we have to address that situation pretty frequently. Nothing new to me. (Not my favorite though).
>
>

LOL, I never knew you were a fellow hose dragger (or are you strictly an ambulance rider?)
October 24, 2018 09:46PM
How come they put so much Faith in EKGs? Unless Your are having a heart attack at that very minute aren't they useless? That a blood test and chest x-ray and they send You home where You could die. Amazing the Faith they put in that diagnostics tool.
Off topic but been there done that.
October 25, 2018 01:20AM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> How come they put so much Faith in EKGs? Unless Yo
> ur are having a heart attack at that very minute a
> ren't they useless? That a blood test and chest x-
> ray and they send You home where You could die. A
> mazing the Faith they put in that diagnostics tool
> .
> Off topic but been there done that.

A 12-lead EKG shows everything going on with the heart. Any irregularities can be seen immediately. The blood test shows if you have recently had a heart attack and x-ray shows them if youve had past heart attacks that resulted in loss of heart muscle.

If they send you home after those, theres nothing wrong.
October 25, 2018 02:00AM
Yes but if You have angina due to clogged arteries but not to the point of a Heart attack then there is a Problem that a EKG will not pick up. You are a ticking time bomb.
October 25, 2018 02:54AM
Go for the gusto Harold , nitro and EDTA chelation in Mexicothumbs down
October 25, 2018 04:49AM
I’m on an engine but fill in on the box as needed. 12 leads can tell you a ton. Yes, a blood test will still be needed to confirm actual myocardial tissue loss but a 12 can get the ball rolling in the field. We can tell if you’re having a heart attack (STEMI) and transmit the info to the hospital where they will start assembling the cath lab prior to our arrival. That way the patient goes straight onto the table instead having to go through triage in the ER. Time is muscle. We can also tell what area of the heart is effected. Lots of other chest pain related issues can be electrical conduction blocks (bundle branch blocks), arrhythmias, angina or a plethora of other conditions that mimic heart attacks. Angina btw is usually caused by a spasm of the coronary artery sometimes secondary to diminished perfusion from coronary artery diseas or plaques. Definitely consult your doc before you take nitro. If you’re in right sided heart failure and take a hit of ntg, you’ll bottom out your pressure and then you’ll be in both sided heart failure if you catch my drift.
October 25, 2018 06:42AM
Well fellas' that's a better tone AT LAST!
Let's all concentrate on our shared values as like minded folks on a forum that connects us!
To all those who are died in the wool detectorists, how about we concentrate on our common interest in the hobby and forego picking fault with one another?
If you all haven't really got to know Brandon, he is an asset to us as a group; he is a like minded individual who is an ambassador to the larger audience who are becoming interested in metal detecting.
My considered opinion is this:
Lately I have seen a negative trend on the forum. My desire is that as detectorists we should try to be be a community of civil, like minded folks who are here for our common interest in digging up the past.
We may all have a different view/approach to our shared hobby, but how about we try to be accepting and inclusive to all who share our passion for this wonderful pass-time?
After all aren't there enough out there who want to ban us from pursuing our hobby or even from expressing an opinion on another forum without us turning on each other?
October 25, 2018 01:26PM
God grant me the serenity to accept the improper sweep speed of F75 youtube video makers, the courage to educate those who will listen, and the wisdom to find and subscribe to the good fun channels.

Sorry if I offended any video making members. You can all poke at me when I start putting a few up.

HH
Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2018 01:33PM by Mike Hillis.
October 25, 2018 03:38PM
One last off topic point. If EKGs are all that then how come You here story after story of People going to ER with Chest pain and EKG reads good then they go home and have a heart attack within a day or two?
This is not a single incident but multiple times?
October 25, 2018 04:16PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> One last off topic point. If EKGs are all that the
> n how come You here story after story of People go
> ing to ER with Chest pain and EKG reads good then
> they go home and have a heart attack within a day
> or two?
> This is not a single incident but multiple times?

as an EMT, guess how many heart attack calls I have been to where the patient states they were just at the hospital and sent home because nothing was wrong? Never. Its never happened to me 18 years. I have seen lots of people who claim every discomfort is an MI. I have seen plenty of MIs with no previous history, and I have seen MIs in people who have had previous attacks. But I've never seen the situation you describe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2018 10:21PM by silverfiend.
October 25, 2018 05:36PM
Thanks for your input silverfiend.
October 26, 2018 09:57PM
I like the metal detecting prayer above grinning smiley
Harold- yeah, I mean... I have never had a patient that was having a heart attack that was just cleared from the hospital. I’m not saying it couldn’t happen though. The ECG is a diagnostic tool. It won’t tell you if you’re going to have a heart attack, it tells you if you ARE having a heart attack. Unfortunately the closest thing to predicting when you’ll have one is an angiogram. It just looks for narrowing and possible places for occlusions to take place.
October 26, 2018 10:42PM
That's Dr. Tones. You should know as You are a Doctor. Ha!
I shout at Youtube sometimesangry smiley
October 27, 2018 01:57AM
Del & Brandon,

Did you guys say we're all meeting in Baker City, OR ? When? Just PM me the date and I'll try and drag along OregonGregg and Monte and we can make a day of it. thumbs down I know you guys have experience with the EQ800 and I would be interested to compare notes with both of you.

Rich (Utah)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
October 27, 2018 12:38PM
LOL don't go and try dragging me into the middle of this. But if ya must, I'll take Del and you can have the Doctor and we'll do our best to keep them separated cool smiley