Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

EQUINOX 800 ON GOLD COIN

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
EQUINOX 800 ON GOLD COIN
October 12, 2018 10:22PM
Heres a video for all the youtube critics. Testing the Equinox on a gold coin. gold coin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2018 10:28PM by calabash digger.
Re: EQUINOX 800 ON GOLD COIN
October 13, 2018 12:01AM
Not a critic of YouTube
Not a critic of the Equinox
Not a critic of gold

Saw gold videos before. Saw Equinox videos before. Saw YouTube before.

Nothing new.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2018 12:11AM by goodmore.
October 13, 2018 12:14AM
Your just a barrel of laughs!
October 13, 2018 01:48AM
Nice little video Calabash.
October 13, 2018 03:59AM
Thanks for the test. Can you run that with the Deus HF 9 inch coil?
October 13, 2018 08:22AM
goodmore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not a critic of YouTube
> Not a critic of the Equinox
> Not a critic of gold
>
>
> Saw gold videos before. Saw Equinox videos before.
> Saw YouTube before.
>
> Nothing new.

Wow, a true ball of sunshine. Haha. People are geared different I guess. I'm glad I'm not one of those "one time and done" guys. I still listen to Classic Rock & Country...songs that are 40+ years old and I still enjoy hearing them when I have heard them who knows how many times. I know the lyrics and music riffs by heart. I have my favorite movies that I can watch that I've seen over and over. Can recite most of the lines from them. Have dug thousands of civil war bullets...still get a little thrill each time I do. Have seen over 13,000 sun rises and sun sets in my life time and still stop to take one in when I can. Have eaten lots of steaks...still one of my favorite meals.

My dad though....been to the beach one time in his life and said he didn't lose anything while he was there and has had no desire to ever go back. He goes fishing nearly every day though. Has caught thousands of fish in his life time...still lives for "one last cast" in which he might catch 1 more fish before heading home.
October 13, 2018 12:38PM
You want to know the secret for upping the chances of finding a gold coin? Well it is no secret......Just stop cherry pickin targets and dig it all. No video needed. No waste of your time.

Of course some of you will wait for part two and three and four and five....where that gold coin will placed next to a screw, then buried deeper, then turned on another side, then.....well you get the idea. Oh the suspense!

Of course posting a link on every detecting forum.....usually including the phrase "must watch" in the header makes the video all that much more exciting and important. I guess I'm wrong. Sorry!

I still won't watch. But for those that do you may want to skip this spoiler........The detector will beep.

Good luck to all. I hope you all find gold.
October 13, 2018 04:29PM
Thanks for the video with the 2 Deus coils.
October 13, 2018 05:24PM
goodmore Wrote:
> You want to know the secret for upping the chances
> of finding a gold coin? Well it is no secret......
> Just stop cherry pickin targets and dig it all. No
> video needed. No waste of your time.
>
> Of course some of you will wait for part two and t
> hree and four and five....where that gold coin wil
> l placed next to a screw, then buried deeper, then
> turned on another side, then.....well you get the
> idea. Oh the suspense!
>
> Of course posting a link on every detecting forum.
> ....usually including the phrase "must watch" in t
> he header makes the video all that much more excit
> ing and important. I guess I'm wrong. Sorry!
>
> I still won't watch. But for those that do you may
> want to skip this spoiler........The detector will
> beep.
>
> Good luck to all. I hope you all find gold.

Goodmore,
No need to be a spoiler here.

How about this
Notice the Nox was having trouble hitting big silver coins on edge.
So if everyone would have just took for granted, they would have been none the wiser.

But what happened?
It was reported to Minelab and seems update improved this area.

So I won’t be the forum Scrooge I’ll leave that to you.
You are doing a fine job.

Btw,
What’s worse one who post on multiple forums or one who reads multiple forums?? Lol
You crack me up Goodmore.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2018 05:27PM by tnsharpshooter.
October 13, 2018 05:31PM
goodmore Wrote:
> You want to know the secret for upping the chances
> of finding a gold coin? Well it is no secret......
> Just stop cherry pickin targets and dig it all.

I disagree. The "secret to digging a gold coin" is not to "Lower your discrimination and dig junk till your arms fall off" .

It's already no secret that gold coins can read as low as beaver tail ($1 gold), tab ($2.50 gold), beefy square tab ($5.00 gold), and so forth, up-the-scale. But still, the solution/trick to "finding gold coins", is not to simply allow those TID's in, and .... presto, gold coins.

Instead, the much BIGGER part of the formula/trick is: Location location location. So for example, you can take the "dig all till your arms fall off" mantra, go to the nearest inner city blighted park, and then be prepared for utter punishment, and zero gold coins. Or you can take this recipe to stage stops, old defunct resorts, fort-sites, emigrant camp/stop spots, etc.... and have a fighting chance at a gold coin.

Oh, and.... Odds are better out west. Location location location. Not machine settings.
October 13, 2018 05:56PM
You two go hand in hand........defending each other.......the Equinox brothers. I expected it from you.
October 13, 2018 05:57PM
Dang! Ole' TNSS got the Nox fixed.
October 13, 2018 07:51PM
Never said dig to until your arm falls off.

First off I really have never known anyone to hunt specifically for gold coins. People find them usually quite unintentionally.

I said by digging it all.

By returning again and again to a site over time and systematically digging all repeatable tones. Dig 15 low tones then return to digging higher tones. That is the way I would usually approach it. By doing this I also gave the ground time to heal the plugs. Digging until your arm falls off would never work in a private yard or public property. In a field with a shovel maybe.

Now if it was or is a one time hunt at a location? Never had too many of those.....But I would resort to some kind of strategic hunt. A specific VDI number would not be a part of that.

By the way....I never found a gold coin.....But by systematically digging the low tones rings and other pieces of jewelry were found.

Now I only beach hunt. And yes sometimes I dig until my arm falls off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2018 07:55PM by goodmore.
October 13, 2018 10:04PM
goodmore Wrote:

> ...... I said by digging it all.....
> First off I really have never known anyone to hunt
> specifically for gold coins. People find them usua
> lly quite unintentionally.
>

Yes. Of course they are "digging all" . Since gold coins can fluctuate in TID. But unless you are at a location where the demographics of gold-coin losses have a potential, then "digging all" won't help. Or put another way: It *IS* "intentional", when you add in the factor of "location location location".

It's similar to gold jewelry discussion: While it's true that gold rings can read "all over the scale", yet the takeaway lesson there, is not *only* to "dig all conductors, especially low ones, in order to get a gold ring". That's only a small portion of the formula/secret. And it's "already a given" that gold coins and gold rings have wide TID range.

The MUCH BIGGER formula/secret to gold rings is: Location location location. Example: Where would your better odds like @ gold rings per the quantity of junk dug:

a) A blighted urban park ? Or....

b) An eroded swim beach, after a storm, when mother nature has washed out all the sand and light stuff, leaving only dense objects behind ?

Same logic for gold coins : There are locations where your odds go up. And if you're not in one of those type locations, then no amount of "digging all" will help sad smiley (or ... at least .... you're going to be waiting a LONG time smiling smiley)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2018 10:10PM by Tom_in_CA.
October 13, 2018 11:02PM
October 13, 2018 11:05PM
shoveler Wrote:
> [www.youtube.com]

Uuuhhh, what does a gal talking about weight-watchers and dieting, have to do with md'ing ? eye popping smiley
October 14, 2018 12:59AM
I agree with Tom.His 15 Gold coins which I have seen were dug at the type of sites he listed. It is location ,location >
October 14, 2018 04:35PM
My take on what Goodmore is saying:
1.Don't cherry pick,ie.relying on vdi # to tell you what is there
2.Dig all because gold can come in over quite a spread
3.Dig until your arms fall off is merely a metaphor for preparing to do a lot of digging if you dig all signals

I think his take on the subject of recovering a gold is right on and as far as location"gold is where you find it.
October 14, 2018 05:48PM
doc holiday Wrote:
> .... and as far as location"gold is wher
> e you find it.

Sure. And some "locations" have more potential than others smoking smiley
October 14, 2018 07:01PM
I have only found one gold coin and it was at the very site I said if I ever find a gold coin it will be there . Site was a small town that was burned to the ground at beginning of CW and never rebuilt. The One dollar gold coin was found with my Deus but have no doubt the Equinox as well as my Vista gold and F75 would have hit it as well had I swung them over it.
A lot easier digging all those lower gold numbers at old sites with little to no modern junk present.
October 14, 2018 08:35PM
Here's the type-places that I've found gold coins (15 so far) :

Places that constitute "could have been anywhere" :

a) Four after beach storm erosion, when old coins were turning up in the strata

b) One @ a turfed park (a $1 gold)

Places that constitute 'most likely' places:

c) All the rest were old-town demolition sites (sidewalk tearout, bldg. teardowns, etc...), stage stops, emigrant trade post stops, military camp spots, and one from an 1880s defunct resort site.

All found in CA. And from my information of multiple others that have been found here in CA : Very very few are found in turf-hunt type scenarios. Even in situations where someone is being a hero and "digging all". I've been in park scrapes, where scores of seateds, barbers, etc... are turning up. And everyone has gone into "relic mindset". Yet never a gold coin. 95% of the others I know of, that've been found here, were @ stage/travel/emigrant type camp spots, for the most part. Because, go figure: Someone traveling long distances, in those days, for permanent move, tended to take their life-savings with them, to their new intended home.

The demographics of likely locations has seen multiple threads on various forums, over the years. Some of those inputting think military camps (forts of the westward-ho expansion) are another good spot.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2018 08:40PM by Tom_in_CA.
October 14, 2018 09:10PM
Tom_in_CA Wrote:
> doc holiday Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > .... and as far as location"gold is wher
> > e you find it.
>
> Sure. And some "locations" have more potential th
> an others smoking smiley

But of course.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2018 09:18PM by doc holiday.
October 14, 2018 09:33PM
I can't wait to retire drinking smiley
October 15, 2018 12:34AM
Where's that gold coin thread!?
October 15, 2018 04:02AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Where's that gold coin thread!?

At the very first post at the end of the sentence by Calabash highlighted in blue. You can also go to his youtube channel.
October 15, 2018 04:05AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Where's that gold coin thread!?

Go here to for the Deus test.

This is for good ole goodmore deus on gold coin!
by calabash digger
October 15, 2018 01:40PM
I'm referring to the gold coin thread..... (that has about 10,000 views) from years ago.
October 15, 2018 02:43PM
October 15, 2018 05:42PM
((( Yes..... that's it! )))