Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

How did I get " hoodwinked" on Ebay?angry smiley

Posted by texkinzee 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
How did I get " hoodwinked" on Ebay?angry smiley
July 21, 2018 01:12PM
I bought , or so I thought a mint Goldscan 4 on Ebay. A tracking number was provided and a few days past and I got delivery confirmation. No package was ever delivered per my carrier but Ebay said since they had one they would not grant me a refund. Since then every time I buy something they alert you to every movement of your item. Anyone have this happen to them. The guy had zero feedback. Never again.
Re: How did I get " hoodwinked" on Ebay?angry smiley
July 21, 2018 01:27PM
low feedback for a seller on a big item is a no no in my book.
July 21, 2018 01:37PM
Something is not right, a seller can't generate a 'delivery confirmation'. Something else is to blame.

tabman
July 21, 2018 02:09PM
Me thinks package was stolen from your porch...might want to contact shipper as many just leave at your residence..another thought might have been delivered to wrong address.
We have a Wyoming St also in the next town and have had this happen to me.....seems like E-bay is no help as even a box of rocks would be handled the same way....
July 21, 2018 02:29PM
Hate that George...

If it was USPS anything is possible..!!

I've been chasing a piece of mail for 4 weeks now from USPS..they have shipped it all over the place..about once a week they say they tried to deliver it???Says they leave a Signature card in mail box...NOPE...and then go over to post office and they cant find it...BIG runaround

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
July 21, 2018 02:53PM
Sent you a PM, maybe able to help you

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
July 21, 2018 03:06PM
I've known FedEx drivers delivering to the wrong address. If yous was delivered this way,I'd be checking the neighborhood. Happened to me once.
July 21, 2018 03:08PM
I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. Sold a Nox 800 to a guy in PA and shipped it priority mail and he didn't get it for 2 weeks. It stayed in "on its way to its next destination" for 2 weeks and then started moving again.
July 21, 2018 03:25PM
"I feel for you Tex! Infuriating!

25th May, I Sold via E Bay a Sovereign DTI meter - shipped it but didn't use Tracking - claimed "it never arrived!"
No help from E Bay.

That same time, PayPal were "holding" a significant sum and boy was I mad at both events! PayPal sent a mail..."Hi, please tell us how we're doing?" I gave them 'down the banks!' Guess what? My Funds were 'released' two days later!!

A shower...the two outfits...a necessary evil!!!"
July 21, 2018 03:39PM
That is strange.
I sent a Mac Book Pro said delivered and they refunded the guy siding with him when he said that he never got it.
Lucky I sold it as broken because it was and I was out $50.00 but they always seem to side with the buyer not the seller.
July 21, 2018 03:50PM
If there is a tracking number, and it showed a confirmed delivery, yet you have no item, the FIRST step should always be with the delivery service.

They ALL have handheld computers that scan the barcoded tracking number and record date, time, and even GPS location at the time the item was scanned as delivered.

If through inquiry with the delivery service, it is verified as being scanned/delivered to the correct location and left there, theft is a definite possibility. Unfortunately many times the delivery services don't even knock on the door anymore. They just leave the item in plain view for would be thieves. The only used detector I bought on the Bay was delivered with my signature required. That can sometimes be inconvenient if you're not home to sign for it, but, redelivery at a time when you're sure to be home can usually be arranged, and it eliminates leaving it unattended and lessens any chance of misdelivery.

If the the delivery time doesn't coincide with your usual delivery times from that service, and the GPS location is wrong, then misdelivery is certainly possible, or, if a scam, it could be sent to a phony address.

There are things that can be done to determine what happened in such cases, it takes a bit of time and persistence sometimes.

A good thing to do is get the serial number of the detector prior to purchase and shipment. It can be checked for authentication through the manufacturer if there's doubt, and if stolen you have a way for the Police/Postal Inspectors of finding the item and prosecuting the thief.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2018 06:00PM by EMField.
July 21, 2018 04:20PM
Ebay almost always sides with the Buyer in a dispute. I had a similar thing happen to me a few years ago. As it turned out the Seller copied a photo from another Seller and used it in his own listing, then he sent an empty box to someone else in the same State, same Town. Instant valid Tracking number with Delivery Confirmation showing that it was delivered. I had the Post Office look up the weight of the package and it weighed next to nothing (lots lighter than my item). I did get a refund, but it took a month. You might see if you can get the Seller to send you a photo or fax of the original receipt.....this would also show the weight of the package. Ebay policies have changed so much over the years it is harder to get justice. Hope you can get it worked out. Thanks
July 21, 2018 04:46PM
I bought A $500 Go Pro Camera From A Ebay seller With Low Feedback .....6 days no tracking number no response from seller ......... I contact Ebay........... suddenly I get a tracking Number......suddenly The Seller is not a Registered with Ebay anymore.

The ghost Tracking number states Item delivered....... I have No Item........... Ebay says sorry cant help you. ............. Did a research on The tracking number, it was to a address to a town next to mine on a difference street.

Paypal finally says uncle & refunds my money (30 days Later) ..... .......... regardless of how good the deal looks ......Never buy a High $$$$ item on Ebay from a seller with low feed back....... I learned my lesson........... hope things work out for you

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2018 12:18AM by Rob in (ca).
July 21, 2018 05:03PM
99% of the time seller gets screwed on this sort of thing. Remember this the next time you haggle dealers on price . Lots of factors in operating costs.
July 21, 2018 05:52PM
USPS has more detailed information about a tracked package (in their computer system) than you as a consumer. Don't hesitate to ask them to provide you details.......they may even provide you a print out (I had printed the Details of the listing to show the Postmaster that the package belonged to me). It is very probable that this is the same for Fed-Ex or UPS. Get all your proof before opening a Case with Ebay. Make sure that you inform Ebay of all the info you have at the start of a Case, that way they dont kick it out. Remember Ebay looks at Delivery Confirmation as proof....you have to counter this and show that it was a scam.This is only from my experience.....others here can probably help more. Thanks
July 21, 2018 06:04PM
I keep track of my packages and know when they're suppose to be delivered. When they're out for delivery I keep my eyes peeled for the delivery man. The last time that I bought a search coil on eBay, my computer told me that it had just been delivered. I ran out to the mailbox and it was empty except for the normal mail. I went back and looked at the delivery conformation notice and it said that it was left at the garage door, but it wasn't there either. I found that strange, because I have a huge mailbox that the package would have easily had fit into. I jumped in my SUV and drove to the post office to find out where my package was. They checked the GPS cobordance and discovered that the driver had left the package down the street. He had inverted the last two digits of the mailing address. Them mail man retrieved the package and got it to me.

tabman
July 21, 2018 06:34PM
FEDEX can't find my porch after multiple tries.
Missed once with a detector from Tom and dropped it on the wrong street and again with a $250 lithium battery down the road at the wrong address. I now make them deliver and hold at the nearest location and pick things up.

I would lay odds on you having a porch pirate in your neighborhood and little recourse.thumbs up
July 21, 2018 07:52PM
I live in the sticks.

And use fed ex, and usps and ups, never a problem.

Knock on wood. Lol
July 21, 2018 08:53PM
I sell more than buy on eBay these days. I enter tracking by hand as soon as I shipped as don't have a printer. Never had a problem on either side.
July 22, 2018 12:03AM
detectingMO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 99% of the time seller gets screwed on this sort o
> f thing. Remember this the next time you haggle d
> ealers on price . Lots of factors in operating c
> osts.

I feel For The dealers on Ebay / amazon .......selling a new brand detector & 29 days later the buyer wants a return & you get back a well used detector with missing items & got to refund the full $$$$ plus shipping both Ways...... &

now you can not sell it as new anymore .......that's Why detector prices are so high on the net.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2018 12:08AM by Rob in (ca).
Could have been USPS
July 22, 2018 01:59AM
I shipped a detector about 50 miles one time, an it never showed up. Lucky for me, I insured the package, and the buyer settled for the insurance money.

To this day, I think the people that worked at the PO stole it.
July 22, 2018 12:47PM
I hate selling on ebay these days. Get killed with the ebay final value fees and the item final value fees, which they also charge on the shipping you charge the buyer-which has nothing to do with ebay, who did not supply the shipping service. Then we get hit with Paypal fees. Everytime I sell a detector on ebay and look at the fees angry smiley But, if you want to sell something fast, take a hit on the $$, ebay still still the place. Anyone want two Impact coils cheap, see my listings.

Rob in (ca) Wrote:
> detectingMO Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > 99% of the time seller gets screwed on this sort
> o
> > f thing. Remember this the next time you haggle
> d
> > ealers on price . Lots of factors in operating
> c
> > osts.
>
>
> I feel For The dealers on Ebay / amazon .......se
> lling a new brand detector & 29 days later the bu
> yer wants a return & you get back a well used dete
> ctor with missing items & got to refund the full $
> $$$ plus shipping both Ways...... &
>
> now you can not sell it as new anymore .......th
> at's Why detector prices are so high on the net.

Works for me
July 22, 2018 07:26PM
"Guess what?

I just Sold an item on the Bay (it's quiet these days...folks on Vacations?)

Both the E Bay site and PayPal site showed [ a address ]

So, I packed up the part and printed labels and after a lot of Scotch tape it's ready to Ship but,
I had E Mailed the Buyer asking to CONFIRM his address?
He came back with the address that I had with another Street address and House number that I wasn't supplied with!!!!!!!!

So, could this be 'a probable explanation' why some folks claim they didn't get stuff? It's their fault?"
July 22, 2018 08:57PM
Even before Feebay and Paypal split they each had seperate account info for each member, including address. Years ago we moved......I changed my address on Paypal, but forgot on Feebay. Awhile later I won something and the seller was confused because of the two diffrent addresses...even back when the two companies were together they failed to communicate. As far a fees....always want to figure 15-20 % of grand total (including shipping cost). Don't want to forget your time, gas, and packing materials....that's where its better to go with 20%. It is by far more risky to be a seller than a buyer. Back in the day it was fun, not today.
July 22, 2018 09:12PM
Arkansas Wrote:
>
> It is by far more risky to be a seller than a buye
> r. Back in the day it was fun, not today.

It was a great source of $$ and no loss of buyers for my stuff from 2000 to about 2006, sold and shipped about 20,000 parcels. Never really had any problems with buyers or customers not being satisfied.
Totally different ball game today. Its like a China flea market who you have to compete against.............................China wholesalers who will undercut their US dealers who are just trying to make a few bucks profit.

Works for me
July 26, 2018 05:41AM
Never buy from anyone on Ebay with a small number of feedbacks.
July 26, 2018 10:13AM
Be suspect of those with 0 or low feedback. But, ebay guests, who naturally have zero feedback can bid and buy, don't discount those with zero feedback. They could end up being your best customer. Even so, I dread seeing a bidder or buyer with 0 feedback.

Works for me