Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Carbon-fiber lower rods for the Equinox and CTX 3030...

Posted by steveg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Carbon-fiber lower rods for the Equinox and CTX 3030...
October 16, 2018 08:15PM
Hi all,

Just wanted to give a quick announcement that I have been successfully assembling carbon-fiber lower rods for Minelab CTX 3030 users since early this year. And -- as of today, I have just added carbon-fiber Equinox lower rods to my product lineup, as well. The waiting list for Equinox rods is somewhat long (it has grown quickly in the past couple of weeks, out-stripping my supply on this initial production run) so it will be a few weeks before I am re-stocked with parts, but I'd love to build a rod for anyone who might be interested.

If you have an interest or need, I have updated my website (www.stevesdetectorrods.com) to reflect the addition of Equinox rods alongside those for the CTX, and I have a newly created Facebook page (www.facebook.com/stevesdetectorrods) where you can find detailed information. You can contact me through the email address provided on my website (steve@stevesdetectorrods.com) or the one on my Facebook page (stevesdetectorrods@gmail.com); either will work.

Thanks!

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming! winking smiley

Steve
Re: Carbon-fiber lower rods for the Equinox and CTX 3030...
October 16, 2018 08:45PM
Very nice. Great initiative.

Rick
October 16, 2018 09:24PM
steveg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi all,
>
> Just wanted to give a quick announcement that I ha
> ve been successfully assembling carbon-fiber lower
> rods for Minelab CTX 3030 users since early this y
> ear. And -- as of today, I have just added carbon
> -fiber Equinox lower rods to my product lineup, as
> well. The waiting list for Equinox rods is somewh
> at long (it has grown quickly in the past couple o
> f weeks, out-stripping my supply on this initial p
> roduction run) so it will be a few weeks before I
> am re-stocked with parts, but I'd love to build a
> rod for anyone who might be interested.
>
> If you have an interest or need, I have updated my
> website (www.stevesdetectorrods.com) to reflect th
> e addition of Equinox rods alongside those for the
> CTX, and I have a newly created Facebook page (www
> .facebook.com/stevesdetectorrods) where you can fi
> nd detailed information. You can contact me throu
> gh the email address provided on my website (steve
> @stevesdetectorrods.com) or the one on my Facebook
> page (stevesdetectorrods@gmail.com); either will w
> ork.
>
> Thanks!
>
> We now return to our regularly scheduled programmi
> ng! winking smiley
>
> Steve

Steve-----Where's the two piece (balanced) E rod?----We're waiting!smiling smiley-----How is it coming figuring that one out?--------Del
October 16, 2018 11:24PM
Del --

It's coming along, LOL! Just spoke with one of my parts suppliers today -- the one who is working on my cam lock/clamp design. They are ready now, on their end, to proceed with a 3-D print on the cam lock/clamp design -- a "proof of concept" piece. The printed piece will not be suitable for actual production shafts, but will allow us to move from "drawing/diagram" stage, to an actual, physical, working piece. Once we examine that, and be sure it's feasible/correct, then they will produce an actual, production-worthy prototype of the clamp/lock, which I believe will end up being a molded, ABS piece. At that point, once they produce that piece and send that one to me, I'll be able to assemble a prototype shaft -- hopefully very soon!

Meanwhile, I have the design completed for the parts needed for the counter-balance system, and they are ready to begin production on those; I just need to get to where I can assemble the prototype shaft -- so that I can finalize/dial in the weighting of the counter-weights.

Thanks!

Steve