Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

scavenger finds gold stash in an old cabinet

Posted by diggers 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
scavenger finds gold stash in an old cabinet
October 17, 2018 03:03PM
[www.stuff.co.nz]

Inside a Miami Beach showroom in the US that boasts US$12,000 (NZ$18,474) day beds and US$6500 (NZ$10,007) lounge chairs, furniture salesman and scavenger Jesse Brody never envisioned that his most prized possession would be one he got for free and had tried unrelentingly to give away for years.

It was around 2014, inside a dilapidated home near where he grew up, when Brody first saw the 1920's-era dental cabinet that would come to consume his thoughts.

The cabinet's owner - Rolando Periche Mojena, a Cuban immigrant - died in November 2013, according to public records, and his home was gutted to make room for a new owner, Brody said.

The cabinet "was all steel, and I build furniture so I thought it was really cool", said Brody, an expert craftsman who teaches small-metals fabrication as an adjunct professor at Florida International University.

READ MORE: A treasure hunter's home

"I unscrewed it from the walls, full of garbage and trash, and I dragged it back to my house and dragged it back to my warehouse, where it actually sat for years in the back of my warehouse."
Re: scavenger finds gold stash in an old cabinet
October 17, 2018 03:14PM
thanx for the link. Interesting.
Re: scavenger finds gold stash in an old cabinet
October 17, 2018 03:53PM
Awesome read...thanks man!

My YouTube - [www.youtube.com]
Website - [www.thehuntergt.com]