Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nox 600 Seems like a nice detector

Posted by goodmore 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nox 600 Seems like a nice detector
August 08, 2018 10:40PM
So I picked up a NOX 600 used. Seems like a nice detector. Easy to understand in my opinion. Headphones paired nicely. A little nose heavy, but I made use of the strap to help. My Sovereign GT might be fried. I need to get it away from the EMI and run it to see. I am about to hit the beach and needed a back up plan. Since I only beach hunt I felt the 600 was the right choice over the 800. I als ordered Pluggers cam locks. That slight movement in the shaft has to be stopped. I'll take a saw to the old cam locks. So far I am pleased with the Equinox. I have to admit it. CROW. But then again an hour in the yard? Slight dirt hunt scheduled for tomorrow in a very heavily hunted place just to familiarize myself with the detector. I'll stick to the program and see what happens. Target ID itself is not that important to me. After all I like the Sovereign with no meter on the beach. Bottle caps worry me. Small pieces of trash worry me. But hopefully with experience they will be able to be some what identifiable. I will give this Equinox a fair chance. The Excal seems jealous.
Re: Nox 600 Seems like a nice detector
August 09, 2018 12:38AM
I had the 600 for about a month before getting the 800. It's all you need for the beach. Mine had no shaft problems. Bottle caps do sound good sometimes, as well as small aluminum. To me that's no big deal.

What headphones are you using? Obviously not the stock ones since they needed to be paired. The wired headphones that come with it are crap IMO.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2018 11:09AM by Badger in NH.
August 10, 2018 01:17PM
Badger in NH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
It's all you need for the beach.
>
> .

Yep I only beach hunt. No reason for me to have the 800. I use waterproof earbuds on mine so I can take it in the water. For the most part you don't need to adjust the default beach settings at all except I have my iron bias set to zero...at least on the US east coast that is.

Nox600, CTX, CZ21, Excal II and White's DF with 920i stealthscoop...I live and hunt at the beach in Wilm NCsmiling smiley
August 10, 2018 02:23PM
it sux dont even look at it especially after what i found last night ;P
August 10, 2018 02:39PM
1000 great reviews and a few negatives.....its a good detector. IMO
August 10, 2018 03:08PM
been looking' at the 600.gotta tell ya,don't look nuthin' like a tesoro!
costs a 'ton" more too!..who knows?..maybe it's got a "cockin' good motah!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
August 10, 2018 07:26PM
Yeah doesn’t look like a gadget from the 1970s lol
August 10, 2018 08:39PM
adamBomb Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------

> I use waterproof earbuds on mine so I can take it in the water.

------------------------------------------------------

Hey Adam, I need to get some so I can hunt in the rain but I can't decide which ones.

What brand and model ear buds did you get? Do you recommend them?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2018 07:17AM by Badger in NH.
August 11, 2018 04:05AM
calabash digger Wrote:
> Yeah doesn’t look like a gadget from the 1970s lol

tesoros don't either!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
August 12, 2018 05:42AM
Lookswise..... closer to the Quest Pro, which is also rechargeable and waterproof. I'm sure everyone loves the light weight of the Nox, Quest, and Deus. Kinda like a smart phone on a stick.
August 12, 2018 11:47AM
Badger in NH Wrote:
> adamBomb Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> ----
>
> > I use waterproof earbuds on mine so I can take i
> t in the water.
>
> --------------------------------------------------
> ----
>
> Hey Adam, I need to get some so I can hunt in the
> rain but I can't decide which ones.
>
> What brand and model ear buds did you get? Do you
> recommend them?
>
> .

Here is what I bought. Total $21. Ear buds work just fine. I've had them since mid june and no complaints. They are too loud on 25 so I have them on 22 volume. I also have them screwed in via metal connector piece shown here. I had to drill through it, take out most of the plastic, and them use epoxy to use it. It only helps keep sand out and not sure I really needed it. If it sounds like too much work I would just get the earbuds and skip the other piece.

[amzn.to]

[amzn.to]

Both of these were recommended from one of the other forums by a few people so I figured they were cheap and I could give them a shot. So far so good.

Nox600, CTX, CZ21, Excal II and White's DF with 920i stealthscoop...I live and hunt at the beach in Wilm NCsmiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2018 11:48AM by adamBomb.
August 12, 2018 12:18PM
Adam, wow thanks. Those look perfect. I assume you got the white ones.

These should be fine for hunting in the rain and I probably don't need the connector piece. Wireless would be nice but for $9.99, I can live with the wire.

The best Amazon deal I could find was $11.99 with free shipping since I'm not a Prime member.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2018 01:02PM by Badger in NH.
August 12, 2018 01:17PM
Gotcha, I only see the prime $. Yes I got the white ones. I wanted the wire because I do take the machine in waist/chest high water and need a wired connection. I am also a little concerned about bluetooth on my head for so many hours so wired eases some of my concerns; I'm sure bluetooth is mostly safe but who knows. I don't mind bluetooth for a 30 min jog but for multiple hours per week?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2018 01:18PM by adamBomb.
August 12, 2018 01:59PM
adamBomb Wrote:
> Gotcha, I only see the prime $.

I am also a little concerned about blue
> tooth on my head for so many hours so wired eases
> some of my concerns; I'm sure bluetooth is mostly
> safe but who knows. I don't mind bluetooth for a 3
> 0 min jog but for multiple hours per week?

On the link you posted, over at the right of the page it says "Other sellers on Amazon". Click on "New(6) from $9.99". That's where it lists the other deals.

Now you have me all concerned about the dangers of using Bluetooth headphones. I'm going to have to research that. All my machines are wireless now. It would be a bummer to give that up.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2018 02:08PM by Badger in NH.
August 14, 2018 10:25PM
Its the (deep) bottle caps to be worried about ..... Good Luck on your Beach Hunt.
August 15, 2018 04:01AM
Just make yourself a tin foil hat and you won't have to worry about the bluetooth headphones. grinning smiley